Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,176 Member
    Options
    23,000+ steps. Day is just about over. B)
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It's hard to believe that it's already February. Where did January go? All of you who are in the snow I am sure that you're you are glad that January is gone! The weather has been rough the last few days here but finally cleared off for all of those football fans. It was fun to watch the game and for us a little disappointment as to who one. I am dictating this on my iPad so if there are mistakes we'll have to just excuse Siri. Both VICKI and I have had a cold or whatever is going around. Went to the doctor on Thursday thought I was okay he listen to my lungs and said it was snapped crackling and popping. I think that's probably not a good thing. Started on a round of antibiotics you ladies all keep up the good work! And I am going to try to follow in your footsteps. I will get a dog and I will walk! LOL Sandy
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have gotten so few steps lately that my DIL wrote me a message on my Fitbit and wanted to know "Are you in a coma?" So, I think I had better get to moving!
    Sandi!
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Oh my! What a disappointing game today. I am such an old foggy, I really was not impressed by the half time show either. But I am sure there are others who not only enjoyed the game but Katy Perry as well! For me and my hubby, if I prepare healthy snacks before hand and have them ready, it works for almost any occasion. He devoures almost anything without complaint. I have thought about Downton Abbey and have come to the conclusion that it fascinates me because I have always lived in a regular middle class household. There were no servants and we were lucky to find two plates and two water glasses that were the same. Two rough and tumble brothers and a casual lifestyle...no wonder elegance and beautiful surrandings are so interesting to me. Beginning the week with lots to do and I plan to enjoy the sunset. Hope to get a tiny walk before the downpour starts. Monday, Monday, busy blue Monday!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    linder4866 wrote: »
    21,000+ steps today. Yippee! :D

:D:mrgreen: congratulations

• Blueharebell1
    Options
    Morning all, not good morning. We are snowed in!
  • linder4866
    Options
    It is better here today but many schools are closed today while others are on 2 or 3 hour delay. Our street has finally been plowed. Just going to stay in for now.

Anne and Shirley - hope you don't have to get out today.

Snow day.

Lin
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    Measured back yard. 2 ft depth of snow.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Good day to all my sneaker friends. Snowing outside but as ever the fire is lit so it's lovely and cosy. My trip away was wonderfully relaxing, good fun with lots of laughs and I've returned home with stunning pink gelled nails and improved hearing after experiencing candling, something the indigenous Americans have used for hundreds of years.... fascinating! The weather was bleak in Snowdonia but we didn't mind because we spent our days in the Serenity Suite where we swam, steamed in the sauna and wallowed in a hot tub outside where we had wonderful views across the park to the snow covered hills. I've caught up with all your posts, which has taken some time, but must now get on with a few little jobs before popping out this evening to meet with friends. Anne I see you mention several UK tv programmes you follow and yes, you're right, I did say I thought Downton had gone downhill although it's great for insomnia as I nodded off halfway through every episode. :p If it ever comes your way, look out for Last Tango in Halifax which delivers hilarious northern humour and has you laughing and then crying all at the same time. It's the best drama I've watched in years!

TO ALL MY FRIENDS ACROSS THE POND ~ PLEASE KEEP YOUR SNOW AND ICE TO YOURSELVES!! :o

Back soon
    Jackie
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    JACKIE, thanks for the TV tip. Will make a note, Last tango in Halifax. I DO miss northern raw humour and British tv. It's an ethnic thing I expect. I really TRIED with Downton abbey last night, but halfway through had to go to bed! I'm so sorry BUZZ and SHIRLEY, honest, I tried.
    Your trip sounded wonderful. So beautiful, Snowdonia, whatever the weather.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,120 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    dm6x2ykscytx.jpg

Happy Birthday Jackie............confused on the time but it is still your birthday I hope!!!
    Glad your trip was wonderful but glad to have you back. <3

vok5ck9skepe.jpeg

Happy Birthday Chris!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Happy Monday!! <3 We ended up with about 18 inches of snow, so needless to say Lisa did not have school so no Robby today. My cleaning girl doesn't care about the weather and is coming here when finished with Babe's house. Me, I am staying home and doing laundry and exercising to get rid of the food I ate yesterday.

Marie, glad to see you checking in, you must be feeling a little better. Babe has that nasty sinus thing going on as well it just lingers.

The game was exciting but the fighting ruined good sportsmanship. I personally did not like the last call of the game and blame the coach for the loss. I did split $50 with a friend in one of my pools. I thought the Brady Bunch Commercial was funny, the abuse 911 call powerful and the clydesdale and puppy commercial brought tears to my eyes. Blacklist was amazing as usual, love that show.

Have a great day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• lesutherl
    lesutherl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    125563n00tfb0za0.gif
    Just to say Hi
    Laura
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Sandydur wrote: »
    Ate two much...watching Blacklist while riding the bike!

LOVE THAT SHOW! - Going to bed was not an option!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Held my own at Margaritaville today. Had a long-time planned lunch at a new Margaritaville.

I ate a TURKEY cheeseburger; very small mixed green salad with vinegar (no fries) – no dressing and a diet soda. The other person had the regular Cheeseburger in Paradise. Mine was delicious.

Margaritaville%20BURGERS_1A_zpsun9czubs.jpg

Schools etc were closed due to weather this morning, but I made sure I hit Planet Fitness for treadmill – since I knew Margaritaville was around the corner. :)

More later - just got home a little while ago:)
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    2496532mz83mfkgou.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKIE & CHRIS

Today we had to dig out again due our blizzard storm. A wall of snow around our cars
    prevented me from making Yoga class today. Just as well, I had cleaning, laundry and groceries to get. I counted that as my exercise and did 30 squats from the February challenge today.

JACKIE - Your trip sounds so relaxing and I love hot tubs and hot springs for swimming out in the cold. Glad you are back and cozy in your cottage again. Sure you don't want some snow, I have plenty to share. :p

Bob - That lunch looks delicious and kudos on the watching the calories going light on the burger and no fries. :D Last time I was at Margaritaville was last year in Jamaica. I may go again this year, we shall see.

Laura - Hi, nice to see you.

Lin - Congratulations on the steps. You and Barbie are my heroes. :)

Sandy - I agree about the fighting after the game, poor sportsmanship. Loved Katie Perry's show. She is always out there when it comes to entertainment. I hope you don't get that sinus infection, its nasty.

Anne - Have you dug out from storm yet? I am getting really sick of winter.

Hi to Oystereyes and Sandi!

Stay warm my friends.

"Don't compare your beginning to someone else's middle."

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Happy birthday to JACKIE AND CHRIS!♡★☆♥ Sharing your birthdays with us, thank you, we love you both

Phoebe
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    The snow removal contractors have just been and spared me from being entombed until spring. The snow came up to my knees the one time I staggered out to the garage and the garbage bin. Why was I staggering to the garbage bin? I didn't want to be trapped inside with Tabitha Daisy's kitty litter until spring. Anyway, me and my furry friend now have freedom again. Happy birthday to Jackie and Chris, and my cousin Tony back in the UK.
    Anne
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Tango_in_Halifax

Anne ~ It seems Last Tango has begun airing on PBS so if you can find the first series I know you'll love it but joining at series 2 will mean you'll miss out on why these people are connected and their family secrets which will probably spoil it.

We've had more snow this evening which has now frozen solid so it's not easy getting about because the gritters don't come this way as they seem to think us folk living on the moors can cope!! Murphy's law that I sold my old 4x4 10 days ago as it would have got me around the frozen roads. This has to the the first experience of snow for George because last winter we just had rain and flooding and he's like a kid rushing about and pushing it with his nose! Of course he'd disappear if he tried that trick with the amounts of snow you're all experiencing! Have you seen how the jet stream is behaving.... wow, that's weird to say the least and just a little worrying. Greenland is getting warm in the middle of winter and we're all getting their weather. Even Spain and Italy have the snowploughs out!

Many thanks for the happy birthday wishes Sandy, Shirley, Phoebe and Anne. Another year older but what the heck, I'm still breathing and enjoying life!! Now it's time for bed so I'll say goodnight.

Jackie
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    Thank you so much Jackie for the link you sent, I will be sure to try and find the series. Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    isandi wrote: »
    It's hard to believe that it's already February. Where did January go? All of you who are in the snow I am sure that you're you are glad that January is gone! The weather has been rough the last few days here but finally cleared off for all of those football fans. It was fun to watch the game and for us a little disappointment as to who one. I am dictating this on my iPad so if there are mistakes we'll have to just excuse Siri. Both VICKI and I have had a cold or whatever is going around. Went to the doctor on Thursday thought I was okay he listen to my lungs and said it was snapped crackling and popping. I think that's probably not a good thing. Started on a round of antibiotics you ladies all keep up the good work! And I am going to try to follow in your footsteps. I will get a dog and I will walk! LOL Sandy

1170326f9p6i1etq7.gif

Lin