Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Woke up to a beautiful sunny day and feeling pretty ambitious. Our sheepdogs...MoMo and the amazing Mazzy need some attention. They need to go to the beauty shop. But I will try to handle the grooming myself. Life's little chores really get to me some days. I used to just push through the day and things didn't seem so overwhelming. I need to redo my daily schedule to include more time painting and working on our writing. The diet is doing okay. We watched a fine movie last night. "The Judge" it has real depth and deals with all manner of life issues. We usually like to watch part of a movie while exercising. Getting jazzed about the game on Sunday. Go Seahawks! Having a small super bowl party. Have to watch my snacks....very dangerous. Be sure to have some fun today. Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Sandy I so enjoy hearing about your baby sitting job. I never did keep any of my grandkids when they were that little. Manifests reason I was still working I did keep them occasions on weekend y ou seems to be a natural granny

I am sill resting in bed a lot with this sinus infection Still coughing and blowing my nose Its been a long time since I have been sick like this. Throat still hurt.

everbody have a wonderful day
    Marie

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,117 Member
    Options
    au0lrpv8wsxw.jpg

Have a great day Becky!!!!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,173 Member
    Options
    For Becky

867450smkwcfc87r.gif

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Sandy I so enjoy hearing about your baby sitting job. I never did keep any of my grandkids when they were that little. Manifests reason I was still working I did keep them occasions on weekend y ou seems to be a natural granny

I am sill resting in bed a lot with this sinus infection Still coughing and blowing my nose Its been a long time since I have been sick like this. Throat still hurt.

everbody have a wonderful day
    Marie

645861fu661ex79q.gif

Hope you feel better soon Marie.

Lin
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Barbie – yup – sounds like me; tons of old songs on my smart phone, as well as, Pit Bull, Maroon 5, Blake, Timberlake etc. Love most music…depends on my mood what kind I am playing. Also love a variety of podcasts. Not big on rap – unless – it has thoughtful, articulate lyrics etc. I am not impressed by people that merely use expletives and call it “talent.”

As for using a treadmill…I am one of those people that loves to put the headphones on and go. Told my wife last night I couldn’t wait for the morning to get to Planet Fitness. She replied “what has happened to my husband?” LOL

Sandy – I don’t think I answered your last question: “Does your family eat what you eat or do you cook for yourself?” My wife is always willing to eat whatever I eat – but – I know what she really likes and just try to keep it on hand in the refrigerator or I’ll sneak out and come back with her favorite Mickey D’s or other food. We do eat a lot of chicken about 100 different ways. Before, I started MFP etc. she always ate 100% of what I made because they were all full-course meals loaded with multiple side dishes etc. She is easy. I could micro a bowl of peas and she’d be satisfied. LOL

With regards to humor – pretty much everyone has a great sense of humor and it’s a large family. I’d have to sit down and count all my nieces / nephews / great-nieces / nephews etc. I mean it’s certainly 30-40 in multiple states. My oldest sister is in her 80’s & had 8 kids – now all grown with their own kids – and that’s just one of my siblings.
  • NikonPal
    Options
    And Lin - CONGRATS on hitting 1000 log-in days!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :D Sandy, about new parents being obsessed with the health and safety of their child---Some friends who have many children said that with the first child, if a toy fell on the floor, they boiled the toy before returning it to the child....with the second child, they'd rinse the toy in hot water, and with the third child they'd wipe the toy on their sleeve and hand it back to the child.smiley-laughing004.gif
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Happy birthday to Becky/Swissmiss!
  • linder4866
    Options
    Dear Gayla -

2145431xbwtj6638n.gif

How did Neil's appointment go today?

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    Thanks for the congrats Bob---it's definite, MFP is a habit. Many people here have been here for years and years. It's a good community. Oh my gosh---you have a HUGE family. And I laughed--your wife would be okay with a bowl of peas. Now peas are just fine as far as I'm concerned but I might want a little somethin' else. Haaaaaaa.

Sandy - wow, what a lucky evening! That is wonderful.

Phoebe - on the road? Or home for a little while?

Patsy - good to see you. I love hearing about your dear doggies. Tell us more or post some pictures! I adore dogs---can never get tooooo much info about them!!

Barbie - how are you today? Was there enough room to try the Wii again? I didn't get to my Just Dance 2015. Maybe this weekend. If anyone noticed my post on Facebook, my car has to go back to the dealership in the morning for an-expensive-enough repair. Then I have a list of maintenance items that I've been meaning to get around to that I will try to start scheduling one at a time..............

Sandi - sorry you had to pass on that darling little dog but there are many wonderful pets that need a home. I'm sure you will find a good furry kid!

Jeri - has your furniture been delivered?

Buzz - I hope your day went well. Hugs to you and DH.

Shirley - I think I'll stick with the couple of games I have right now but someday I'll try the Wii Fit. The free step sounds good but I already walk around the house A LOT each day, I'm not sure that would give me incentive to move more.

I spoke with a friend for about 1.5 hours today and walked most of the time while talking to her to boost my steps for the day after sitting at the dealership this morning.

Well, off I go, last bit to nibble, dishes and then I think I want a nice shower this evening.

(No offense to anyone I've missed---blame it on my scattered brain!)

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Evening,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY!! I am at my tablet so I don't how to get the glitter graphics on here or I would. Enjoy your day you deserve it.

Lin - If you walk around the house that's enough. I do the free steps because I enjoy it and still get some extra steps in. Its funny I am always moving but don't get near 10,000 steps a day.

Buzz - Another busy day for you and Mike. It's good to hear you like his doctor, just makes life easier. Enjoy your dinner with friends.

Patsy- I love the music of Patsy Cline, that is what your name reminds me of. I am very fond of dogs too, but I always seem to cat sit for my daughter's most of the time. They are very different from dogs.

Sandi - Enjoy your cruise the doggy will be there when you come back.

Lin - Good luck with your car repairs. Always something to fix.

Bob - Nice that you do all the cooking. I would eat anything too if my hubby cooked all the time.
    That's why your means look so good.

Sandy - You are one lucky duck! Congratulations on the bingo win. I see you are back on the bike almost everyday, that's great.

Phoebe - Safe travels and is Honey enjoying the trip?

Today was shopping with my sister at a Mall. We did get some good deals and she was happy with her purchases. We did hit some bad weather coming home but made it home safe and sound.
    I went to Yoga class after she left for home and now I am watching the final of Biggest Loser.

Have a good evening everyone!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :D Lin, I probably won't try to use the Wii until this weekend. With line dance classes in the morning, I don't have the time.

:D Shirley, I don't know if it's possible to get to 10,000 steps without some serious walking either outdoors, on the treadmill, in a big store, or doing a walking exercise video.

smiley-chores004.gifBob, I do most of the cooking but sometimes my hubby cooks. The deal is that the person who doesn't cook has to do the dishes.

smiley-greet002.gifHappy Birthday, Becky.

smiley-cool05.gif It was sunny and warm here today and the daffodils are starting to come up so we are being fooled into thinking it is spring. The dogs keep begging to go out and frolic in the good weather. I love that it is getting lighter a little earlier each day.

smiley-computer004.gif I am making great progress on collecting data for the income tax a little at a time each day.

<3 Barbie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Bless you and thank you for your support, dear friends. Has anyone dealt with a loved one with dementia? It's so difficult when a person appears perfectly rational and normal one moment and then turns into a totally different personality without warning. I find myself wanting to not hurt him, as he seems unaware of being vastly inappropriate, yet I don't want this Don Rickles behavior playing out on unsuspecting people! Any help or suggestions could make a difference in how I handle this period in our lives! Perhaps tomorrow's EEG will be informative. I keep hoping it's caused by Vitamin deficiency, medication effects, or whatever....anything but senility! Never give up hope, eh?
    <3 Buzz
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Running out quick for grandchild duty....

This morning - burned 229 calories doing 40 minutes of walking 3.1mph;

Having pizza for the "third time since Dec. 2013" with salad for dinner at daughters home. Asked for only a cheese topping :)

In preparation - Light BREAKFAST (91 Calories) : Dannon - Light & Fit Carb & Sugar Control Vanilla Cream Yogurt, 4 oz.; Organic Strawberries, 89.68 g; Blueberries Raw 1 oz
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I still having this sinus infection. food do not even sounds good.
    Marie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Sorry you're still not well Marie. Darn.........

Buzz - after my dad's stroke he remained impaired. There's no changing or prompting or anything you can do as far as I can tell. Just try and ride the waves, keep the environment safe, and have someone you can talk to when you are frustrated and/or upset. Hugs and more hugs.

Barbie - you have a very structured life. You have truly found your groove!

Well, time for me to head to the car dealership again. Hope they can get the vehicle fixed today. We have a forecast for 3 to 6 inches of snow over the weekend and the SUV is a better vehicle to drive than a Prius!

Later.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,117 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! :D Now that I have a full time job I love Fridays!! I am so happy that I lost 3 pounds this week, my hard work is paying off. Hopefully, I keep this up and will be down to where I want to be for my cruise and my life. Life is good.

No big plans for the weekend, will probably just stay home for the Superbowl. Rob is taking Monday off for a doctor's appointment so he will watch Robby in the morning and bring him to me in the afternoon. That means I get to sleep in three days. :D

Marie, so sorry you are under the weather, I hope you feel better soon. <3

Robby is napping, I think I will try for one.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Blueharebell1
    Options
    Dear BUZZ, I am very, very sorry this is happening to you and your love. I have no advice I'm afraid except to say this is what is happening to my best girl friend and of course, the chap I almost married until his children stepped in. D no longer phones me from the care facility but my friend occasionally does. Both, when on the phone, repeat the same things over and over. It's almost like a tape repeating itself and is very frustrating patiently repeating the same answers so I can only imagine how hard it must be for you on a constant basis. I do hope it is medication that is causing the problem. God bless ANNE.
    MARIE, like I said on the other forum GET WELL SOON, Anne.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    1320039gdu3qjmjan.gif

Marie - Get well soon, sorry you are down and out.

Buzz- My friend, you are going through a lot right now. My Dad had dementia for over
    5 years. He was in a nursing home on medication that halts the progress for a while.
    It is very hard to be with someone day in and day out hearing the repeating phases.
    We used to get that when we visited him. Although he knew at the end his temperament was good and didn't lash out as some patients do. Hang in there, maybe when he sees
    the doctor something can help him through the process, or its something else entirely.
    I hope you get some peace from your visit. <3

Sandy - Awesome job on the weight loss!!

I had my doctor apt which was a conference for my next colonoscopy. Yuck!
    I asked him ball park when I could expect a call on this, and he said end of
    February sometime.

Now straightening up the house and dishes to do. Then grocery shopping.

Anyone going to a Super Bowl party? We were invited but it got cancelled. Our host
    has a challenged child and she has to go to the hospital for a procedure. One of those things where you are on list and they just call you to come in. She has to go a children's hospital to have this done on Monday. So now I can concentrate on eating well and not
    having any extra calories on the weekend. :D

Have a good day its 14F right now and getting down to 2F. My doors on the car were frozen this morning. Jamaica take me away!!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

"Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle"