Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Hello JERI, thank you. It's quite a long story, and I won't bore you now, but if things quieten down I'll explain. I know you enjoy a smile, but honestly, I was feeling somewhat embarrassed, especially after the Blueharebell mix up earlier. Suffice to say, Anne will no longer be teaching!
    ANNE.
    Oh, by the way, you looked on the photo as if you all had a really good time despite the blister.
    Roses from your beloved on Valentine's day too, what a sweetie! My son took me grocery shopping before he went on his trip, and I found a box of chocs in one of the bags under the groceries!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,187 Member
    Options
    Done Anne. Sent a friend request. Relieved you are back.

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifWhen I walk my dogs I stop several times to hug and kiss them to not lose sight of the fact that today is important and that they won't always be with me.

smiley-happy020.gif Today I had a visit from my friend who had a stroke a few years ago and with great practice has regained the ability to speak albeit with great difficulty. Spending time with her requires that I listen very carefully to everything she says because it is difficult to understand her. Her visits make me a better listener. Her husband is battling cancer and they don't know from day to day what the next treatment will be and yet she is one of the most considerate and busy people I know. She finds time for all that needs to be done along with eating three weighed and measured meals a day with nothing but no calorie drinks in between. She is a great inspiration and example that life and stress don't have to drag a person down.

smiley-sport017.gifI did my strength training after dog walking, breakfast, and shower, and before my friend came. This is the third time this month which is not quite up to my resolution of twice a week but better than last month.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Thank you LIN, but I haven't got the request so far. ANNE.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Jacean245 wrote: »
    Thank you LIN, but I haven't got the request so far. ANNE.

I see you sent a request. I accepted. We should be okay now.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Way behind on clearing the house, so here I am having to make the bed just before turning in! But I love the smell of fresh sheets. The receptionist at my medical center gifted me with a rather difficult Sudoku book, so suddenly the easier puzzles are baffling me! Unfortunately, I find them too addictive. Our live entertainment tonight was super talented, with a tremendous vocal range, and the ability to mimic Elvis, Neil Diamond, and Satchmo almost perfectly! Because of his DuWop background, he was even able to sing duets alone...think "You don't bring me flowers anymore". I thought the female voice was recorded, but he was singing both parts! Unfortunately, his weight was huge, and he wore a Cuban shirt, open at neck and belly-button, making him look like gardener, and although he was moving smoothly, his imitation of Elvis's gyrations looked ridiculous!
    I wanted to tell him about MFP and Bob's success, but felt our darling Social Director should be the one to tell him!
    My weight fluctuates so badly, depending on my salt intake. But it has been coming back down in tiny increments this past week! Nothing to get excited about, but it's better than gaining!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :D Happy Ash Wednesday to those who practice. Robby is here and down for his morning nap which means it is time for mine. Will try to get back later.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Hello sneakers, it's nearly 3pm and I've achieved very little today after doing so much yesterday. It's got to have something to do with grey skies and cold wind whereas yesterday was glorious and I managed to get a few hours of gardening done. I'm swimming tomorrow morning first thing and being half term expect it to be busy but will do my best to get a few lengths in.

Marie ~ Mini goals are good and certainly a great way to encourage yourself to move towards a major one so again, well done for meeting it.

Anne ~ I was missing you too so am delighted to see you back with yet another name!! LOL

Barbie ~ This week is George's 1 year anniversary for coming to live with me and although he's had a few issues and continues to exhibit the occasional grumpy temperament I too give him lots of hugs because he's brought so much pleasure into my life. I imagine you'd be a good listener at the best of times and your wonderful friend must appreciate you with so much going on in her life.

Buzz ~You did make me laugh about the Elvis impersonation, especially in that shirt. Perhaps he thought he was in "Blue Hawaii"! LOL

Patsy ~ You take a very brave approach to those eye injections, my goodness I don't think I could deal with them. I was bad enough at the dentist last week when I had to have an injection in spite of my best efforts to persuade him I didn't think it necessary! For all that he's excellent and I didn't feel a thing until the first dribble LOL

Oh dear, time to light the fire and make a cup of tea with very little done. Perhaps I'll vacuum upstairs since I dragged the hoover up the steps on Saturday and left it looking at me from the spare room!
    hello to Sandy, Jeri, Lin and Shirley, plus any others I've missed.

Jackie
  • Jacean245
    Options
    PATSY, I'm just horrified at the eyeball injections! I'm like Jackie and have the same approach to dentists, and indeed anyone associated with the entire medical profession. I knew a lady of 100 many years ago, and when asked how she had managed to live so long, she just said, "avoid doctors". Something I heartily agree with in my own case, although there are times when we have to put up with them! I suppose. Do any of you feel you have landed in the wrong century? I think I belong in the late 1700's early 1800's, especially when it comes to cars and computers!
    BUZZ, that WAS funny about the entertainer. Well, I have made a very large bean and veggie stew in keeping with the mounds of snow outside. Up to the lower branches of a pear tree! So I shall go and mop (Yorkshire for eat) a third of it up. Cheers, ANNE.
    Oh, JACKIE, do you have harebells on Bodmin Moor? I would guess you do.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Anne I must admit it is nice to have you back. Could not have imagine
    what happen to you. So unlike you to just leave us without a trace. going take me a little time to get used to your new name. Welcome back home.
    Marie
  • Jacean245
    Options
    MARIE, yes, I think my old name was sort of bad luck!!! The new name is a combination of the first 2 letters of my Moms, my Dads, and my first names. Not very original, but I think the harebell was subconsciously trying to get back on the moors! LOL.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Anne – so glad you are back and active here again. Smiling.

Marie – I am still finishing off the pot of pinto beans I made a while ago. Still love my beans!! I need to do some cooking later. My usual water sauté of onion, garlic and mushrooms. Then need to cook some lentils (but could wait until tomorrow) and my splurge from my last run to Trader Joe’s—a fresh head of cauliflower. I love it and I noticed I’d been eating mostly broccoli, green beans, Brussels sprouts as primary cooked vegetables and I do love cauliflower as well. But that could also wait until tomorrow as I have some veggie blend leftover. It’s so nice to have variety of colors in such healthful food!

Jackie – I have those days too where nothing seems to be accomplished. Today I decided I would get in at least 10,000 steps and 10 flights of steps before getting sidetracked into anything. It worked and it made me happy. Now will I get all my cooking done and get started on my own income taxes? Who knows. The vacuum cleaner can always wait (unless company is coming over). Hi George!!!

Buzz – I was laughing as I read your description of the entertainer. You make everything so real for us! And I agree, the smell of freshly laundered sheets is so nice. Keep taking care of yourself my friend.

Barbie – your friend does indeed sound like an inspiration. What a great example. I can’t say anything about my friend’s personal habits but I do have a friend whose husband has been gravely ill for a long time and needs a heart transplant. She’s been by his side for each and every appointment as they try program after program. He’s also been in the hospital and/or ICU on and off for literally months. Her sons have not been supportive as they cannot accept that their dad is ill. Of late her husband had to have a heart pump and never got out of ICU---he’s had infection after infection---surgery after surgery and yet my friend has a very good attitude each day and even though she’s far from home, she keeps up messages on Facebook and phone calls. I was just checking in with her on her FB page when she told me one of her sons had suddenly died the previous day. I responded. Waited a little while and then called her. We cried together a bit but honestly she seems to just face everything and she moves forward. That is an inspiration to me.

Shirley – it’s abnormally cold her right now and no relief in sight. I hope you are surviving well!! Now, what day to you leave? I’m sorry I keep forgetting.

Patsy – I skipped Fat Tuesday. Some of my friends go to a church that sponsors a pancake meal each year. I skip pancakes all year long and feel the better for it! Wow, I’ve heard of those shots. A friend’s husband gets those and he doesn’t complain either. Freaks me out probably because I don’t know anything about it? Wishing you well.

Jeri – is your foot getting better? Thinking of you.

Phoebe – thanks for the tip but I don’t know what to think. The guy said I should check out a whole house system based on steam but again, with our crummy mineral laden water he said NO unit could stand up to it for more than probably 7 years. Yipes!! They tell us what wonderful water we have but I tell you it doesn’t me as it comes into my home. I have a whole house filter, the softener for everything but one drinking faucet. I recently got a special filter pot for refrigerated water that removes fluoride. NOW I really like the taste of the water I drink. If I could find the solution to humidity it would be just grand. Meanwhile the guy said water that evaporates from cooking, or steam from a shower or that type of thing is not harmful to the furnace. Who knew? Wishing you well out there on the road!

Bob – I’m sure you won’t be reading this but best wishes to you. I’ve forgotten when you’ll be back with us. I trust the warmer weather will be heavenly and you hear no siren calls of undesirable foods!

Back to trying to get something else accomplished!

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Three more sleeps until I leave. B)

Shirley
  • linder4866
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    Three more sleeps until I leave. B)

Shirley

OH BOY!!!!!! B)<3B)
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Lin, I understand about these unique issues for each locale. Here in oregon, we deal with high humidity and always the danger of black mold and mildew. We are constantly cleaning and using special preparations to combat these.
    Anne and Barbie, our sweet old english sheepdogs watch tv and like to go on errands with my husband. They are well acquainted with the hardwere store and post office. I know there are people who think that dogs don't speak English or understand what is being talked about but they are so wrong. They know and understand everything! Including where the dog treats are kept in the kitchen cabinets. They sit in front of their cabinet and stare patiently at me until I realize that they want or need a dog treat. They are well trained but appearently I am not!
    I know an injection in the eye sounds awful, but it truly isn't. If any of you have to have this done...don't worry. It isn't painful and makes a huge difference if you have these eye problems. I agree going to the doctor is a bother but there have been good medical advances, worth taking advantage if necessary. Patsy
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hello All,

Another busy day. Ed took our oldest grandson ice fishing and I ran around and did chores.

Anne - just glad you are back. Don't worry I manage to screw things up all the time but I keep plugging along. I think you are like me, we laugh at ourselves all the time. It keeps us young.

Buzz - loved your description of the entertainment. I like Suduko too and it is addicting for sure.

JACKIE - grey skies really affect me too. I need sunshine. Dull days make it harder for me to get things done. Good thing Alberta is known for all its sunshine. LOL

Shirley - lucky you

Lin - my foot is still sore and my arthritis is really acting up. This evening I went down and rode my exercise bike. Not my favorite but I know my feet and knees are not up to walking. Too bad, I love walking the most. And of course, I don't get in my steps on the bike. Oh well, 30 minutes is 30 minutes and that is my goal. You are such an inspiration to me with all your healthy cooking. Thank you.

Really you ladies are all so good for me. Sandy, Buzz, Marie, Phoebe, BARBIE, and Bob too. Just the day to day things you do motivate me to keep at it. What a great group.

See you all tomorrow.

Jeri

• phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that you have all thought I have disappeared off the face of the earth. BUT Actually I have just been enjoying being retired so long that I hardly stopped by to do any communicating with my Fitness pals.
    It has been nice just being in charge of me and trying to figure out how to use my time each day and be productive.
    My husband and I have started to get better acquainted and he is a pretty nice fellow!. LOL
    I don't see so stressed and I think I am being a better wife also.
    I'll try to be better friends with you all and make an appearance more often. I do need all your positive influence and motivation tactics as my weight has risen as I have not been on the go as much as I was being a teacher. UGGG!
    So Here's to wishing you all a GREAT DAY.
    Phyllis in Egypt.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    phyliss so great hearing from you. seems like you are enjoying your retirement. I often think of you. seems like you are doing great.Thats wonderful

jeri we could not ask for a better friend than you.

Anne so glad you are still with us.

Lin.you really know how to cook. me I tried to get out of cooking as much as I can. I did find me a coconut cornbead recipe I want to try, since I am going gluten free again. But stil on the 1-1-1-

Thanks to Sandy for all of her help
    Thanks phoebe for being my friend for so long. I wonder what year we met?

Well its still early so think I will go back and crawl into bed with Jerry.

Marie
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Good morning EVERYBODY from FREEZING up here! The Great Lakes are almost frozen over it said just now on the TV. I shall think of it as "invigorating". I could really use some of your humidity PATSY, my normally wavy hair is sticking straight out and up with all the electricity. Can you imagine your lovely English sheepdogs coats doing that! Yes, dogs are VERY intelligent usually. Think of those marvellous border collies! JACKIE I bet your hair isn't full of electricity. Mine never was in misty merry England!
    SHIRLEY you will be glad to wave us goodbye for a while, as you will be suffering from tundra symptom too. SANDY as well.
    JERI, it's a good thing I CAN laugh at myself at times! I got into such a mess because of demonstrating how to use the darned program with my friend. Hands on! All I need tell you is that my friend managed to put kitty kibbles absentmindedly into the mugs of coffee instead of sugar at the same time! My Tabitha Daisy, like Queen Victoria would not have been amused, being somewhat obsessive with her kibbles. Since I've been doing just plain walking I appear to have cured my knee! So sorry about yours, hope it's better soon and your feet.
    Hello PHYLLIS in Egypt. Isn't retirement wonderful! I honestly enjoyed my last job of 25 years, but I've enjoyed freedom for 14 years....... MORE.
    LIN, I love all veggies as well. Just love my bean and veggie stew. Very tasty.
    Enjoy today everybody, ANNE.
  • Jacean245
    Options
    MARIE, how are you doing girl. I guess Jerry is over his virus by now. Thank you for the welcome back. Take care of yourself honey, ANNE. ❤️