Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Oh BUZZ, what a horrid day for you! Pray you feel much better today. Was it a tummy bug going around? Must have been.

I've woken up to sunshine and the weather forecast is a spring like break for two or three days and then back to snow. It will be so nice taking Bean for a walk without looking like a mountain of old clothes!

Groceries turned up without Dorio and this time everything absolutely perfect, not a rotting potato in sight. This delivery chap was a true Canadian type, said hello to Bean and said he had a husky at home. I could imagine him behind a dog sled mush mushing along.
    With age and being the oldest around for miles, my pals are rapidly becoming delivery men!

I got out of cooking and Mike and I went to The Boot for the very best pizza I've ever tasted. Really different and healthy. The Boot is our favourite restaurant. The proprietor is Italian and he has another place not far away called The Gingerman. We haven't tried them yet.

Just maybe I can cut some dead vegetation back tomorrow when it will be 9 deg. 50F converted I think and Jilly can have a sniff on the melting snow.

♥️🙃❤️🐶, Anne and Jilly.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,366 Member
    Buzz, what a terrible day. ☹️ I hope this was a 24 hour virus and that you are on the mend. Get plenty of rest. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Nothing much from here. Just going to work on cards again today and will finish a book Imhave been reading.

Hugs all.

Lin
  • linder4866
    gdsasa3os3r0.jpeg

Time for tea.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    These little smiling faces greeted me as I walked down my garden to the hen house. 😁
    yec6akndgvcx.jpg
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Boo hoo! Not a sign of my crocus's! Mind you when spring finally arrives over here, super dooper rapid growth!
    Anne
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,274 Member
    Happy Saturday! :) The sun is also shining here and it is supposed to go up to 47 degrees but Monday snow and rain. :s The boys had fun at the school dance and it was easy peasy with Charlie especially since she goes to bed by 7pm.
    Church with Joe later and then for something to eat.

Anne, I am glad you were able to go out for your walk without looking like an Eskimo. What kind of pizza was it that made it healthy?

Jackie, beautiful flowers, haven't seen any here or even a robin. Happy for you that the chick's house opens and closes without your help.

Lin, I still haven't finished my cousin's book so you can guess I am not a big reader. I will try again when I ride the bike today. B)

Buzz, how awful, there is nothing worse than a stomach flu, I do hope you are better today but if it is the flu it seems to linger for a week. Praying for a fast recovery.

Hello Patsy.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne35
    It was a Hawaiian but loaded with veggies and pineapple, a little ham, and cheese. VERY thin crust and totally delicious. Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Love Hawaiian pizza. <3
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    I'm curious about why the door to the hen house was open so early, JACKIE. Are they capable of opening it or do you worry about foxes?
    What I , and almost everyone who lives here has, is the novovirus and my community is one small area stricken. We, of course, are totally quarantined and while most people honored the guarantee request , a couple of woman HAD to go get their hair done at the beauty parlor. I heard the hospital was flooded with patients coming in with it! I'm walking around with several bags my newspaper comes wrapped in, as they are very effective at holding what isn't staying down, though very little is even going into my mouth except to keep hydrated. So, another day slept away! I must go lie down right now!
    <3 Buzz
    ...........................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen...........................
  • pinkperil
    No surprises when I pulled back my curtains this morning... horizontal rain from grey skies. No point rushing out because after their breakfast both pooches went back to sleep while I showered. A quiet Sunday for me with a rugby match to watch in the afternoon so I’ll wash breakfast dishes and hope it brightens up enough to at least walk round the block, otherwise get wet!

Buzz, that’s a ghastly virus and I’m so sorry you are suffering but am sure you are receiving the best care. An ingenious use of newspaper bags too!! 😁
    The new kit attached to the hens’ door works by light sensor so as soon as it’s daylight it switches on and pulls it up then when completely dark the sensor closes down and the door with it. Apparently invented by a man who farms lots of free ranging hens. He felt he was spending too much time morning and evening plodding around his fields dealing with doors! I spent days last year securing my chicken run with double layers of corrugated wire, all dug deep into the ground so hopefully the fox won’t get in.

The rain is getting heavier so I’d better get out with George and Betty before we find ourselves walking on flooded roads again.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy Sunday. I’ll think of Anne pruning and cutting in her garden with Jilly. 😊
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Don't know about gardening JACKIE. I climbed into the bath for a shower and it took me ages to climb out because my knee periodically clicks out and it's jolly painful plus difficult to stand. I'm just waiting for it to click back! Later. Which it just has. I need a mobile phone instead of just the land line like all the little kids.

BUZZ, absolutely horrible for you. Those viruses periodically break out here. It's the drawback to communal living I guess.

Now the knee is in working order again, I must take the little girl out.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Hello, off to church in a few minutes. Our day looks pretty good, sunshine and fair weather. They keep saying, enjoy it, winter will return early in the week. Gosh, leave us alone to enjoy this day please!

Wishing everyone well. Clocking knees, wet days, viruses. Go away!

Hugs my friends.

Lin

And of course, another image to share ❤️🙋🏼‍♀️❤️

sdl3m5y7guqz.jpeg
  • Gawanne35
    I can imagine the duchess of Windsor (Wallis Simpson) using that teaset in the twenties LIN. The top part of the decoration IS like a W.
    Anne
  • pinkperil
    edited February 2020
    Definitely Art Deck design Lin and fabulous. Sorry about your clicky knee Anne. Best not overdo things. My feet are up while I watch England play rugby... so far so good!! 😁
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Happy Sunday! :) I am still having tummy issues but need to feel better by tomorrow to celebrate Bryanna's 24th birthday at her dad's. I will probably spend Monday and Tuesday night there as Lisa needs to leave at 7:15 am both Tuesday and Wednesday. I am eating bland, no alcohol and drinking lots of water so if things are not better by tomorrow I will call the doctor. :( We have a beautiful day here but I am just staying in because of my busy week.

Have a great day and stay well.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Gawanne35
    Health problems galore!! My knee unclicked and I took Jilly for a walk and actually managed to cut back the dead chrysanthemums foliage etc. with no further mishaps although knee a bit sore. Good for Jilly to get out and sniff the emerging smells! Cooking lunch, but will have another go later on. Hope England win JACKIE.
    Big brother IS watching us! Since I mentioned my knee, ads appearing for "living assistance in your own home". At least the funeral homes haven't shown up....YET.
    Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Our dining room and Bistro will reopen Tuesday so I guess things are improving. Tomorrow they will bring around lunch and dinner to our apartments. There have been aides coming around cleaning up after those who couldn't take care of themselves! I made myself a nice steaming pot of Irish Oatmeal this morning and it has stayed down beautifully, so I think I'm finished, though they say to stay away 48 hours after feeling better. I'll have the chicken broth they sent up shortly. How do I keep off that pounds I lost? :#
    SANDY, I surely wish for your tummy to start smiling again!
    JACKIE, clever idea for the doors to operate automatically! Your crocuses are gorgeous.
    LIN, absolutely classic art deco, and gorgeous! Nice new hobby you have!
    ANNE, hope that knee settles down. Have you a chair in your shower? I don't always use mine but when a joint gives, I grab that chair!
    A note of black humor: our brilliant leader has declared a cut back in raises for government workers, saying the economy is poor!!! When did it stop being the best ever? And will it be splendid again when he campaigns? And when will people start questioning him when he continues lying? Even when sick, I cannot get over this guy!
    <3 Buzz
    ...........................Always Believe Something Wonderful is About to Happen...........................
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Cloudy and windy here, with occasional spits of cold remain. Miserable weather but as in that Kristofferson song ...Sunday morning coming down.

Getting a slow start for the day, but I think things will pick up once John gets his personal body motor running on high. This is the day we usually visit with our son, Damon and make good faith effort to contact our daughter. Not easy with her, our relationship is so fractured but family is FAMILY!

The very thought of going out gardening brings chills to my entire body. It is so damp and cold, I would never warm up again in this lifetime. Anne, please be cautious since your knee is easily unhinged these days. Falls can cause such a disasterous aftermath. Could you baby yourself for a day or so?

Lin: the tea pot and accessories are so delightfully designed. Wouldnt it be fun to have lived during that time?

Jackie: rugby on! I know next to nothing about rugby. It must be something like football here in the US.

Sandy and Buzz: take extra good care my friends. These viruses are mean and have nasty tricks up their sleeves. Pneumonia etc.

Okay I am becoming obsessed again about the news and views. Just when I think I can just leave it all behind, some outrageous thing is perpetrated by the great orange one. People are getting anxious and freaking out about how far this out of control mad man can go. There seems to be no limit.
    Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    Good morning. I have some errands on tap this morning and then a reflexologist appointment this afternoon. I am looking forward to that.

Patsy, I hope you were able to visit with both your son and daughter yesterday. It was relatively warm here yesterday but I would not have wanted to work on trimming my foundation plantings. I will save that for much warmer weather. I am still trying to limit my dosage of politics each day. So far, it is working.

Buzz, I am pleased to hear you are feeling better. Oatmeal is a good bland start to eating again if you keep it simple. I can never resist adding blueberries, seeds, nuts, and/or pomegranate. Not so bland then! I do hope the outbreak is over and everything has been well disinfected.

Anne, glad to hear your knee allowed you to get outdoors for a while. I hope you didn’t do too Much yesterday. Joints have a way of doling out payback. Or perhaps you had visitors yesterday afternoon?

Sandy, I hope your tummy has straightened up. Isn’t it difficult to eat and celebrate with your stomach acting up? Take care.

Jackie, how long before your car is ready to pick up? My friend finally got to drive their new vehicle. Her husband got first miles! And I hope the weather is much nicer today. I loved the photo of the lovely little flowers. Spring will arrive!

Hugs for all. ❤️❤️

Lin

• linder4866
    You knew it was coming right?

70ecemqfn4ke.jpeg

🥳🥳