Please join us

Options

Replies

• angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    First 10k continuous run!!! NO WALKING BREAKS!!! My time was 1hr 12.40min. Considering I had pauses to wait for walk lights (I so hate that!) that is a lot better then I ever thought I could do so soon. I have several hills on my route that I take. Race day evens mostly flat ground and one hill. Together with the adrenaline of race day, who knows what I can do on race day!

Plan on getting some things done this morning. This afternoon my church is having a baseball game and BBQ. I'm looking forward to it. (I should emphasize I"m looking forward to WATCHING the game. I have no intention of playing this year!)

Jenny - Cats tend to do that! My fur baby Reid did that all the time. There are times I miss it.

Shirley - Sounds like you are having some nice relaxing time this summer on vacation.

Marla - That sounds like such a long day!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I will be leaving tomorrow for a week, I won't be back until next Monday. No Wi Fi at all so I will be disconnected except for my phone. No data on my phone either so I might as well say no Wi Fi there too.

Anyway, see you guys when I get back.

Jenny - No, Isaac has not been to the cottage, it will be his first time.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,725 Member
    Options
    awwwww Jenny - hugs! I would so love to go to happy hour and happy toes with you - :>)

Scrimmage Saturday - Zach got a few plays - plus he is also now being tried as a defensive corner - which he is thrilled about - my guess is he will get stuck back on the o-line though - they are pretty weak there which is too bad considering there are plenty of 'big' boys - just none of them can do it - Zach isn't 'big' like some of them but he is quite strong - and fast - he is truly better suited/built right now for a linebacker type - but you can't have a weak line and expect to get anywhere - fingers crossed he'll get to stay at corner. Unfortunately for the frosh one of their qb's (out of only two) took a huge hit (hello weak line) and broke his hand Saturday. Wonder what they will do this week. Keep your fingers crossed for all!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Yikes an injury already Marla? When my middle son was in 7th grade and played league football he was the running back. Very fast and coordinated and could foresee and avoid anything coming at him. The line was so weak that he took a beating each game. Sometimes he was in tears. He decided to never play football again after that year. He chose basketball as his sport. The problem was the football board for the league made smaller teams that year and his age group didn't get as many kids out for the team. Each kid had to play offense and defense. They were tired too. Good luck to Zach!

WTG Ang! When is race day?

This morning I take the cat to the vet for his physical. I have to check for a fecal sample in the box. Hope there is one. Yuk! Shoving him in the cat carrier is always fun too! Looks like rain today. I could vacuum up all the pet hair or go to the gym and get in the pool. I'm thinking pool and hot tub.

Our trip to Duluth with the dogs was nice. It was cooler up there and we sat by Lake Superior with the dogs. Maggie went in up to her belly and wanted to lay down. Russ stopped her for some reason and she never tried again. It probably felt good on her hot body. She has a lot of fur. Charlie would not put his paws in but did drink it.

Well I should go excavate the litter box. Have a wonderful day!

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hello friends,

Dave found Wi Fi for me. I am good for 55 days at the cottage. So I can keep in touch and read your posts
    to keep up.

Its 32C here which is really hot. I walked 40 mins today and tomorrow I have my Yoga class in the city.

Have a great day!

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I made it to the pool today. I had the pool, hot tub and sauna to myself for an hour. I did 35 minutes of water jogging and kicking with my kick board, sat in the sauna and then the hot tub. Felt good! I went home in my suit and sat in the sun on the deck to dry while reading my book. Spent the afternoon there. We are going to have a storm of some kind tonight. Tomorrow is suppose to drop into the 60's for the next few days. Fall weather is coming!

We went to the farmer's market on Sunday and bought lots of veggies. We had BLT's with our fresh tomatoes tonight, carrots and peppers with hummus, and the watermelon and canteloupe we bought at the market too. It was so tasty.

I'm glad you can stay in touch Shirley. Enjoy your yoga class tomorrow.

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Morning,

It's gray and gloomy out, still hot and humid but still no rain. No AC here at the cottage but I did get a shower this
    morning. They are only every other day due to being on a well. Yoga this morning and I hope they have AC. B)

I caught a bass while casting but alas he spit out the lure. He did jump out of the water and was about 3 pounds by
    looking at him. :(
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Hey Shirley! Jenny your dinner sounds yum. I am craving some good watermelon. Bernie took off for the east coast for work - so I am doing the single mom thing and man I hate it. Adding in the early morning drop off and such is a real headache - plus work is extra yucky right now so coming in late is not cool. Oh well.

gotta get back to the fun - it's Caleb official bday today - my baby is 11!!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB!! You are almost a teenager. :D

We finally got rain today and it is feeling a little better. It could be cooler for me.
    Yoga class went well and I bought the T shirt. I go again on Thursday and then
    some retail therapy as my daughter calls it.

Have fun today !

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    so on top of school and football tonight we need to go to parent/youth youth group meeting - yaaaayyyy - and I got called to make something for a funeral - double yaaayy - is it Friday yet?
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Oh my, sorry for your loss. Is this a family member?
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I've lost track of time with my days off. I never know the date and am just drifting through my days. Feels wonderful!

Marla- I wish you could go on a vacation or retreat just for you! Belated Happy Birthday to Caleb! Pre-teen and a teen in your household. Hang on!

Shirley- How was your yoga? Our temps here are wonderful right now. 53 degrees this morning and no higher than 60's during the day for this week. Finally sunny out. Rained the last two days.

I went to the pool again yesterday and did my aqua jogging, arm and leg exercises, hot tub and sauna. I'm sore today. Last night I went out with coworkers/friends to the movie Grease, The Sing Along. Have you been to a sing-a-long? They put the words on the movie so you can sing along with the cast. We went to the Sound of Music many years ago and it was fun. This theater didn't have the sound up loud enough and their were only about 15 people in the theater. No one sang very loud or got into it. It was my friend's birthday and she asked people to celebrate with her by going out for pizza and then the movie.

Well the sadness continues. My friend's father died and his visitation is tonight. I'm going to pay my respects. Her mother is also dying and may not be too much behind her Dad. Another friend was just diagnosed with breast cancer and is having a masectomy today. I always see her as the picture of health (eats right, exercises, strong faith, and positive attitude) always! It seems after reaching my 50', the years are full of funerals and illness. The circle of life I guess.

Not sure what today brings. I may take the dogs to the dog park or get a pedicure. Feeling relaxed and not too motivated.

Have a wonderful day!
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    no the funeral thing was just a call to make something b/c I'm a member and on the list the 'ladies' call to bring food -

Jenny - sorry to hear about the more sad stuff - does run in streaks doesn't it?

mucho bad at work - the cycle has come back around and it's time for a people dump - not great - gotta run -

scrimmage tonight -!!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    scrimmage was fun - paid a whole boat load of fees - yikes - scary when things are tumultuous at work

bummed that Zach only had a couple of series - we thought he was 'a' squad - who knows now - bummer, he has been killing it all summer - I hope it works out - he came really close to sac-ing the qb on the play he was in! Go Zach!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marla - Sounds like Zach is doing great in football. Kudos!
    I agree with Jenny wish you could take some time for yourself, we all need it some or other.

The weather is great today nice and cool and I love it. Great sleeping last night. I went for a walk today around
    the lake and the guys went fishing. I caught a bass last night casting, the guys got nothing. :p

Waiting for Isaac to come tonight and Tom will be leaving after dinner tonight.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I finally I had my pedicure. Badly needed! I went to Target and bought a rug for my guest room and some food items we needed. Russ left early for WI to take care of the last of his Dad's possessions. Jean, Roger's significant other, is moving to Green Bay next Wednesday to live with her kids and the house goes on the market to sell. Hopefully this is Russ' last trip there. I've stayed home with the critters. It's nice to have alone time too.

I was going to get on my bike today but it is windy! I don't like riding against the wind with bad knees. Hopefully it calms down by morning.

Rory is coming home Sunday eve until Monday eve. Classes start on Tuesday. Hard to believe it's his junior year of college, although he is senior status due to all the credits he had going in to his freshman year from AP classes and pretests for credits. Unfortunately, he has to go two complete years due to how classes are offered to get his major completed. The state park notified him they don't have the budget to keep him working past Labor Day. Bummer! He's a little relieved except the pay was great. Now he's updating his resume and applying for jobs. Hopefully he finds something. He has to contribute to college costs.

Enjoy your time with Isaac Shirley!
    Marla- I hope Zach get the playing time. Drove me crazy when kids busted their rears at practice and weren't recognized to play in the games. I hope he has a great season!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Another great day today. Having fun with Isaac and he slept on my chest for a cat nap. o:) He is just adorable
    and we have been having a lot fun with him. They are going home today and us tomorrow. See you
    when I return. Its been nice to keep in touch even though this Wi Fi is slow.

Jenny - riding a bike against the wind is tough. I have done it many times and its exhausting.
    I can't believe Rory is going into Junior year. I remember you just talking about how he was starting school.

Hi to everyone else!

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    It's nice to know I don't return to work for another week :)

Very windy here yesterday and a nasty storm came in last night. I did some vacuuming, mopping and cleaning Rory's room and bathroom yesterday preparing for him to arrive home tonight. Laundry too! Today we went to the farmer's market, then I put up lights on my pergola for night sitting on the deck, and then more vacuuming, mopping, etc. to clean up dog and cat hair. I bought two dahlia flower stems with blooms at the market. They are reddish orange with yellow centers. They look pretty in my planter/vase on my dining room cabinet. I put my new area rug in the guest room and it looks nice with the comforter and furniture. Has some color but neutral enough to be used in a different room if I wanted to do so.

Tomorrow I go to the dermatologist for my whole body skin cancer check. I hope he doesn't find anything he needs to biopsy or freeze off. I also need a new prescription for my eczema ointment.

Russ is cooking dinner tonight and it smells wonderful. We bought some acorn squash at the market and are also having a cauliflower pasta he likes to make. Last night I baked pasties and gravy that we had bought last week at the market. They were so good that we bought two more today. I have a recipe to make them ourselves to freeze. Hopefully we will spend a day this fall doing that.

Shirley- Glad you are enjoying your time with Isaac. Maybe I'll have a grandchild some day :)
    Hi Marla, Ang and Amy!

Can't wait to see Rory tonight. I think he is meeting a friend later so I'll see him briefly before I turn in to bed. I'm glad I'm home tomorrow to chat with him. We are meeting Jeff and Iva for dinner with Rory tomorrow night at an Indian restaurant before he drives back to school. His first class is Tuesday afternoon.

Enjoy your evening!
    Jenny
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I know I've been AWOL again for a week. This past week was crazy. Work was very busy and intense. To make things work, this past week at my church was VBS. It was the first time in four years I couldn't work it. My heat was broken that I couldn't be there. I was nearly in tears going to work Monday with every kilometer farther from where I live (and my church is) to where I had to work. Monday was not good at work. All morning I kept looking at the time and thinking of what they would be doing at that time. (The schedule is the same every year.) The rest of the day wasn't much better. I left at 5, despite the fact I had so much work to do. The next three days I worked overtime every day. By Thursday I was getting so frustrated with how many mistakes I was making, I was starting to wonder if I could really do this job. I am so much busier then I have been in the past. Friday was hard as well. The main lawyer I work for said I'm dong better then when I started and I came in at the start of the busiest time of year. Soon things will slow down and I can get caught up on things. He is a great encouragement in my work and what I do. Friday I had to leave on time. Not only was it the weekend but I had lost of my IDS running the week before (so do NOT recommend that!) I had to get my new provincial ID (I don't drive) I got there just after 6 (Thursday and Friday are the only days they stay open later) I had hoped to get in and out quickly to be at my church for 7 for the VBS closing. I didn't get out until 7:15. It takes 30 minutes to walk there. It was pointless going. I was devastated that I missed everything all week long. I turned to chocolate in my devastation.

Yesterday I walked and walked and walked. I went to 12 different places yesterday to do all my errands, in three different trips back and forth. I'm glad I live within walking distance of so many places. It was cloudy and overcast but the humidity level was near 95%. It was horrid. I was so hot doing all it. When I got home I did some baking to make breakfast foods for the week. My apartment turned into a sona. I took an already hot place and made it hotter. It may be a basement, but it certainly isn't cool! Last night I slept on top of the bed, I didn't even bother trying to turn down the covers. This morning it was still hot (still is even now) so I tool a cool shower. This afternoon between church services I pre-cooked supper meals for the week. I made my kitchen unbearably hot again. Well at least my cooking for the week is done so I don't need to overheat the kitchen again for a week!!

I'm going to get out running tomorrow. With the hours I was working I couldn't get out. I'm definitely taking my water with me. There is not end in sight for this heat and humidity. I know I've said before I love the heat, but I'm thinking I'm started to get to an age where I don't want the heat! I would for sure like some cooler weather right now!!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    sorry to hear you had a tough week Ang - hang in there and keep after it - gurl power!