Please join us

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Just got back from a bike ride which wasn't too hot. I left at 9am to get a head start before the hot temps set in. The humidity
    is high now and will be all week. I have to pack yet and get ready before we leave tomorrow.

Tonight we are going get groceries for the trip and see my cousin who is 60, and battling cancer and not doing very well.
    I thought we better go now then later. Donna his wife mentioned hospice while we talking. He did a treatment from
    Sloan Kettering and it didn't work. Now he is on chemo.

On a happier note have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend. I will be posting on the Newsfeed. See you guys when
    I get back.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    My brain is fried! Maybe having two weeks in a row off isn't a good idea for me. My brain is muddled and I can't seem to get it organized enough to make a to do list at work. Too much going on!

The dogs are at the groomer getting their baths. When they are done we are going to the car dealer to crunch numbers and see if the monthly payment would be what we want. They've reserved a car for us if we decide to go ahead. Subaru doesn't make a ton of cars at a time. They don't have tons sitting on their lot. New cars come in every two weeks and go quickly. So fingers crossed all goes well...

David and Chantrelle missed their flight in Seattle because United was understaffed at the check in and security. Others missed too. They got to the gate after the plane had boarded and they wouldn't let any more people on. Weird! So they were rerouted to San Francisco and will go their separate ways there. Chantrelle is flying to Maine to see her family and David is coming home. He said he will be here until October sometime. Nice!

Sorry to hear about your cousin Shirley. You've dealt with too many loved ones with cancer this past year. I guess we all need to be grateful for our own good health. My good friend from book club was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer. She looks like the picture of health and takes good care of herself so it's hard to comprehend she has cancer or even got it.

Well very hot here and getting hotter. I'm ready for fall temps! Have a nice evening!
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,725 Member
    Options
    so its our 20th anniversary - yay - he got me a couple of discoverer (where z now goes to school) t-shirts - nice and all - but not really what I wanted - for 15 years I have been saying, "someday I'd like a bit bigger pair of diamond earrings - I wear the ones I have daily - for over 15 years - a slightly bigger, nicer pair seems like a reasonable thing for TWENTY years - whatevs - I'd say it's better than nothing - but that's a lie - because I'm annoyed and emotional - then there was a box of donuts sitting on my desk (for a meeting) I have held back - but not sure I'm gonna make it -
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    first 9th grade FB game tonight! Woot. So excited, proud, scared... Go Discoverers!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Jenny - Good luck with the car and hope you get the one you want and the price is right.
    Marla - Go football team!! Exciting to see your own boy out there.
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.

I know what you mean about anniversary gifts. I wanted a new ring for 40 years and have been
    wanting for one ever since. Still waiting.

It is hotter than hell here at this port in Toronto and we had flies traveling over and they were biting.
    We have two boats here from our club and then on Saturday we will travel over to the club cruise.
    We are able to see the Air Show that will be performing and we can sit on our boat and watch, cool!

Bike ride this morning and a cold shower, now trying to keep cool until dinner. I am sitting in front
    of the AC right now.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Hope the game is fun Marla! Russ and I no longer give each other gifts after our 10th anniversary 12 years ago. He was a real jerk that day (long story) and we don't exchange gifts at all anymore, just cards. I would love a diamond anniversary band but it won't happen unless I pick it out and put it on my charge card. Not! My ring finger has a bone spur or something so my current ring can't go over my knuckle. I'm not wearing a wedding ring now and haven't all summer. I was wearing a cheap costume ring as a substitute but I broke out from the nickel on the finger next to it. So I'm done wearing a ring. I have considered taking in my extra gold jewelry I don't want along with my diamond and having someone design a ring for me but haven't researched the cost. If I supply the gold and stones I would hope it would be reasonable but who knows?

Shirley- 90's here today and tomorrow. Very hot and sunny. I was in a house this morning on my job and the tile floors and carpet felt wet. It was gross! Have fun sailing this weekend.

Today is my Friday. David got in ok and we were able to visit with him last night. He will be home for dinner and Russ is grilling steaks. David is leaving tonight to go to his Dad's cabin in Wisconsin for the long weekend. He says he's staying until October. His girlfriend will arrive around 9/15. I think they are going to Australia and New Zealand October/November and traveling the U.S. this winter. They will fish again next summer.

We bought the Subaru Outback and brought it home last night. Good timing. I was driving my old car yesterday and it felt like the ride was more rough and it was shimmying due to new tires on back and not on front. I think the transmission was starting to slip too. The Outback is a nice ride. I have a lot to learn about the dash controls though. My CR-V was very basic and 10 years old.

Well have a nice evening and a wonderful weekend if you don't get time to check in.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    congrats on the vehicle Jenny - I am pushing forward with finally getting ready to test drive something - made an appointment for next Saturday (good grief the next six weeks are insane!) to drive the Encore. Woot.

I don't have any rings I can wear either. My wedding rings stopped fitting after kids - and I priced having them sized and laughed. It would have cost more to size them than they cost originally. It felt too ridiculous. I wouldn't mind a simple band with some stones or diamonds that fit - but heck if I am ever bringing it up - can't even get a new pair of earring. Fuhgeddabouddit. Enjoy seeing your David too!

Hey Shirley - it is very hot here too. Those poor boys yesterday. It was over 90 - and they're all out in their full pads and battling it out. Zach only was in on the kick offs - but it was still very fun - and hopefully if he keeps kicking booty in practice he will earn some time - Go Z!

My niece continues to have volleyball drama - she is a junior this year and at their games last night she got no playing time and they played freshmen instead of her (and I swear she is a little stud) - but she just cannot gain that *&#^$ coaches favor - it makes me wanna cry for her. Such an awesome girl.

have a great weekend ladies. I have three days of logging my food - not getting any sort of deficit - but at least the very small step of being mindful and writing it down.

Love you!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Having today off as an extra weekend day is wonderful! Gotta appreciate the small things in life. The dogs let me sleep in until 7:15 and then wanted food. Russ left early and fed them half their breakfast allotment around 4:30 or 5:00 but they wanted the rest. I relaxed in my robe drinking coffee, watching the news, and talking to my sister until 11:00am and then took a shower so I could do errands. Finished my errands and then put some dinner in the crock pot and baked a lemon cake (bad idea, ha!). Russ got home by 2pm and we are both relaxing in the living room on our computers (quality time LOL!). It's very hot out but sunny. Not enjoyable to be on the deck or in the yard. Would be a good beach day if we were inclined. I'm going to look into kayak rental for tomorrow on a local lake. It would be nice to be floating on the water and getting some rays.

The house is so quiet! Dogs are snoozing, neighborhood is quiet.... Nice!

Marla- glad Zach got to go in on kick offs. It's a start. Didn't your niece have issues last year with the coach too? Why can't they just give the kids playing time to increase confidence, self esteem, agility, fitness, and to have fun? Why does it have to be about the coach wanting to win? Ugh! Why do you have to make an appointment to test drive a car? Can't you just stop in to the dealer? I hope you find a car you like. Are you going to test an Escape too? Kudos for logging your food! I've slacked off again...

I just ordered a new dog seat protector for the Subaru to keep the wear on the back seat down and protected from their hair and dirty paws. It's a hammock style so the floor won't get hairy either. The cover can be cleaned with a lint brush or vacuumed.

Enjoy the day!
    Jenny

• angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    What a crazy week this has been!!! Work is starting to slowly slow down. Soon I will be able to get caught up on things I feel so far behind on!

While work is starting to slow down, everything else is starting to pick up! Tonight JOY Club started for the year. (The kids program I work in) How wonderful it was to see all the kids again!!! I had 10 in my room tonight, and that's not all of them. I did miss seeing the older girls I've worked with the last two years, but they graduated and are off to the teen group.

Things are also busy right now as I am trying to get ready for the new Sunday School quarter. I have so many things to do yet to get ready for the new quarter which starts on Sunday! Yikes! I could kick myself for procrastinating.

Also you are looking at the lady who is the new president of the ladies group meetings at my church. Last year we didn't have them as no one would let their name stand. I went to both my pastor and his wife and said I would let my name stand. I've so missed the monthly fellowships! I can't wait for them to restart. I just hope I am not getting in over my head. The first meeting isn't until the 29th, so I have lots of time to plan and talk with my pastor's wife (who is helping to lead) about what we are going to do.

Running didn't go very well. I did something to my knee on Monday and couldn't run. It was aching all day on Tuesday (lawyer I work for called me gimpy). I didn't have time on Tuesday to run (not that I would have tried) and had no time on Wednesday either. I tried yesterday but my knee started aching again. Today was out of the question to run. I left for work at 7am and got home at 10:30pm. Went straight to JOY Club from work, stood around talking for a long time after and than did errands with a friend. NEVER meant to stay out that late!! I had supper tonight at 11pm. I'm getting up early tomorrow to run. I need to do 10k tomorrow. I just hope my knee feels good. Race weekend is officially one week away. I will do that race if I have to crawl or limp across the finish line!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Ang- ice your knee when you are home. Take some Ibuprofen before you run to help with inflammation. You have a lot going on! Take care of yourself.

We went to see the movie A Walk in the Woods with Robert Redfort and Nick Nolte today. It's 90 degrees today and the air is humid. We were going to rent kayaks for a couple of hours but due to a storm coming in, the park was only renting until 1pm (closing at 1) so kayaks needed to be off the water. We went to the movie instead. It was funny but not for kids. Lots of language and references to women by Nick Nolte's character. Russ and I had both read the book so we were curious to see it. Not an award winner but cute.

Tonight we are relaxing at home and having tacos with rice and refried beans. I'm watching Fixer Upper on HGTV. Love Joanna's style.

Have a nice evening!
    Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    We had a great time yesterday. Our cruise coordinator's set up 4 boats with various countries. Holland, Mexico, Carribean,
    and Italy. Object was to go to each boat and do a challenge, have one drink and get a stamp on your
    passport. After all stamps and 4 questions were answered the first one to hand it in would be the winner. We won!
    It was so much fun. We had a preordered meal in the restaurant here in the club to finish off the day.

Today another Air Show. We took a walk and bought some lunch to have for crossing the lake
    tomorrow when we leave. Of course we got some ice cream and sat on the grass and watched the rest of the
    Air Show. We are trying to stay cool, another hot one today. We were thinking of going to the
    CNE here in Toronto it's a big exhibition but decided too hot today so we laying low until dinner tonight.
    We are going for oysters and some seafood.

See you when I get home when the detoxing and diet resumes.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    This weekend has gone too fast. Russ and I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday morning and bought our veggies for the week. Last night he made a dump dinner for the two of us. Always love that! Includes kielbasa, pea pods, small red potatoes, corn on the cob and shrimp all boiled with a seasoning bag in a big pot. Rather than dumping on the table (didn't have layers of newspaper to use), he put it on a platter.

Today I'm going to go through my closet and drawers and get rid of stuff I haven't worn. New season and my closet is a mess. I also need to see what I have with the weather turning cooler this week. Some of my stuff has been worn a long time and looks it. We don't dress up for work since we sit on people's floors and the homes are not always too clean. I have lots of jeans that I wear everyday but my tops are worn out. Hate shopping and was looking on line to see whats available. Not liking the styles!

Shirley- sounds like fun! Still hot here too but this week is going to cool down. Cool temps won't stay but will be appreciated.

Have a nice day!
    Jenny
  • angf0679
    Options
    Joseph as down this weekend. I'm torn at how I feel right now. I thought I would be excited to see him, but I wasn't. I was actually, well, bored today. We spent the day around the city but we went to places he's never seen, but I've been to several times. We didn't really talk. I find him easy going. Almost to easy going. He agrees with you on almost everything you say. Which can be a bad thing. I just don't know what to think right now.

Race weekend is just says away! Right now they are going 25-35mm of RAIN for Friday! Yikes! I hope it stops by race time at 7pm! Though the weather for the weekend keeps fluctuating. To bad race weekend hadn't been this weekend. The weather is perfect this weekend. One last perfect long weekend of the summer.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    All vacations are done now, we had a great sail back and sailed all the way back.

Now doing laundry and cleaned up the gardens and had a ton of cherry tomatoes to pick.

I got up and felt like a cold coming on so I took some medicines and holding my breath it does not
    get worse. I have choir practice tonight, first one of the season.

Now back to getting this summer weight off, I have been gaining so I have my work cut out for me.
    I am going to change my weight on Thursday and get back to business of losing again and eating
    right. I started South Beach Phase 1 today. Dave went grocery shopping for me today since
    I have things to get done. We lost another fish in our tank yesterday, at least one each time we
    go away it seems.

Now time to lunch so I will get moving.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Jenny - no, it certainly wasn't necessary to make an appt - I was 'chatting' on their website last Friday when I was trying to figure out if they would be open late enough for me to get there (out of town) - and then worried the incentives would end - so I just sort of made an 'appt' to be there next Saturday

Football tonight for 9'b' - so Zach should get some playing time in the second half - woot!

Ang - glad work is settling in - sorry to hear you are not completely vibing with Joseph - good luck with everything

Another big, fun weekend for you Shirley - is boat season almost over?

I did two workouts this weekend - but boy did they feel weak - I am so off - but centimeter by milimeter - I am eeking back to better habits. Must persist!

Lets get 'er done ladies!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Ang- Good for you to know if Joseph is not the right guy. Was he just like that the one time or has it been a pattern and you've noticed?

Shirley- Back to the grind with eating and exercising? Party Girl! Your summer sounds like it was so much fun.

Marla- WTG on the workouts! I'm trying to eat right. I'm parking my car in the far parking lot at work so I have to walk in. That's all my knees are handling right now. Cooler weather on the way. Hope that helps me.

In a hurry to get out of work. Just took a moment to check in. I cleaned my closet and dresser drawers yesterday. Threw away one bag of old underwear and tops. Two bags in my car to drop off at Good Will on the way home. On to the next cabinet/closet! Love purging when I finally do it.

I'm going to a MN Lynx Women's basketball game tonight with some ladies from work. They are in the play offs and are suppose to be a good team. I've never watched their games before.

More tomorrow ladies!
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    have fun at the game Jenny!

Football was horribly, awful last night. They didn't look like the same team - or they just didn't show up to play - don't know - it was 53-0. Feel so bad for Zach. He DID get to play quite a bit - but he looked really unsure for a lot of it (his first real playing time in over four years) and everyone else out there was just - not there. I'm sure today will be awful - plus he has like four huge biology things due today and tomorrow and his grade is a bit wobbly so he is mad at me for fussing with him on that - sigggghhh - well, the good times couldn't last forever - here is a big, ol' slap of reality. Plus, there is some sort of really early parent teacher conferences tonight and I know what they'll say - don't want to hear all about how much he doesn't apply himself - because then I'll just want to pound on him about that and he is already down.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Sorry for Zach and his team Marla. I guess the losses teach the kids how to lose gracefully. Not easy, but it does represent that we don't always get what we want. Must have just been an off night for the team. I hope your conference goes well. Maybe they will just set goals for the year?

The game was fun. There were just 3 of us going. We went out for dinner downtown and then to the game. It was fan appreciation night so they had lots going on. It was a good game and very close. The Lynx won in the end but by less than 10 points.

More no shows and cancellations for appointments with families today. I don't think the week that older sibs start school is a good week to do home visits with families. They are all over whelmed. I'm trying to get organized at home and work. Too much paperwork this time of year and my mind is mush.

Getting cooler here, yay! Love the cool nights.

I need to get home so more tomorrow!
    Jenny
  • angf0679
    Options
    Jenny and Marla - I'm not sure. I've always had uncertainties with dating someone ever since my broken engagement. I think deep down I'm afraid to date as I don't want that to happen again. It's only been really in the last year that I can with a total peace about being single and am fine if I never marry. I just have a lot going through my mind about him right now.

TWO DAYS TO RACE WEEKEND!!! The time gets closer and I get more excited (and more nervous) I really hope I can do my goal times I've set. I want a new PB for my 5k Friday night and I hope to do my first 10k within an hour. Not sure I can, but I'm going to try!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Ang-your heart, brain, and gut need to line up with feeling good about a relationship, decision,etc. Follow your instincts about Joseph. Good luck running this weekend!

Have to leave for work but wanted to say have a great day!

Cool, cloudy and rainy. I wish the west coast could get this weather too! Fires still burning :/

Jenny