Please join us

Options

Replies

• mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    it was actually regular all-school conferences - I guess fortunately the message must not have gone out very well since the lines were pretty short - I only waited for 25 minutes for his biology teacher and I understand that's the normal waiting time for any of them. Yikes. It was mostly like I expected. His biology teacher - said he just hasn't made the switch to believing he is going to have to study more than he did in middle school. I was super excited to hear his Geography teacher tell us he is very respectful. Honestly - that was the best thing to hear. I mean - don't we all wonder how they act when they are away from us? Especially immersed in their 'group' of other hormone-raging friends (good and bad)? So, yay for that. As important as the grades are (and they ARE Zach) - ultimately - I want him to be a good person. Sniff.

Off to Norfolk tonight for another football game. Please, please, please let it go better (like last Thursday's)

I missed choir last night and didn't get a salad made for the church salad luncheon. Fail, fail. Bad mom.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Went for a 50 min walk. I wanted to use my pedometer and replaced the battery to get my miles but its not working. I will
    have Dave take a look at it. He is rebuilding the fence in our backyard replacing boards. They are slowly rotting out.

Not much going and that is fine with me. I did more groceries for South Beach and will be getting groceries until I have
    all the staples together that I need. I got some new recipes on Pinterest today for the Phase 1 diet. Some crockpot
    recipes that I can print out.

Forgot to weigh in this morning for the challenge so I will do that tomorrow. Still trying to get back to normal living and
    taking off all the time.

Monday and Tuesday will be Isaac days for Grandma and Grandpa. Can't wait to see him.

Ang- Good luck on the race! As far as Joe goes if you are having doubts maybe its not meant to be.
    My daughter is 34 and still not married either. She is very particular after the last break up which she
    thought was the one. She is happy and busy with her life only time will tell if she see another relationship in the works. We are always the last to know.

Marla - Maybe it early in the season and the boys have to feel each other out and the game.
    Its early I just hope Zach doesn't get discouraged. A tough year for him with grades and football in
    the mix.

Jenny - Have you tried acupuncture on your knees? School is early still and I know you will
    busy as the months go by. How is new car?

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It's going to be a beautiful day here with sun and blue skies. The temperature is cool, 50 right now! We will have a short warm up this week to 80 and then down again. I love this time of year! I am drinking a protein shake with my chocolate protein powder. Yum! I put bananas, skim milk, and peanut butter in it. It tastes like a dessert but packs more than 25 grams of protein and the powder is lower sugar. A good way to start the day.

Shirley- I have done acupuncture for my arthritis and it works for me. I had an acupuncturist a few years ago that was very good. Her replacement, not so much. I quit going. I just got a mailing that says "Sam is back" and am wondering if that means Samantha, my original acupuncturist. I need to call and ask. If she is back, I would schedule to see her. My insurance covers up to 15 visits in a year. I love your profile picture on here of Isaac! Good luck with South Beach. Transitioning from your boating activities and parties to autumn life and winter must be a challenge. Maybe a welcome reprieve also? I love my new car but am still learning the dash board with all the controls, etc.

Marla- Sorry conferences were not more positive. Unfortunately, Zach and any other student has to figure it out for themselves at this age. Motivation is internal and long lasting if it comes from within. Put a high school sport on top of studies and freshman adjustment is a challenge. He'll figure it out. Just stay close to him and be supportive. You are a good mom so don't beat yourself up when you can't get everything done. I think you are super mom with all that you do!

Ang- good luck in your run today!

I need to wrap a baby present for a shower Russ and I are attending this afternoon. My long time friend and coworker's daughter is having a baby boy in November. This is the same friend whose husband took his life a little over a year ago. Of course as an early interventionist, I bought toys for learning. I bought a shape sorter/block toy and some cute squeezable bath toys for water play. Tomorrow we have a birthday party for our one year old grand nephew. I bought him my favorite board books and a vehicle set that is perfect for his little hands as he enters toddler years. I love buying for little ones. Tonight we are going to church for the first time in awhile. Summer was so busy and we didn't make it consistently. Tonight is Fall Kick-off at church so we don't want to miss it.

I need to wrap those gifts so have a wonderful day!
    Jenny

• angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I did it!!! 5K time - 31:40 10k time - 1:08:08 Very happy with those times. it was forecasting rain for both race times. However, it didn't start until a good half hour after the final runner/walker finished Friday night and it stopped by the time the race started today. The sky was overcast and the ground soggy, but the sky stayed dry!!

IMG_20150911_193522107.jpg
    After Sunset 5k race

d252e735-d42c-45fb-ac91-1d31d598485e.jpg
    After Classic 10k

IMG_20150912_120142107.jpg
    Sunset 5k Medal

IMG_20150912_120121351.jpg
    Classic 10k Medal - This is a pocket watch. It actually opens. It shows a time of 8:00 which is race start time.

IMG_20150912_120137607.jpg
    Tartan Twosome Medal - my favorite!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    WTG Ang!!!!!!!!

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Nice job Ange!! Beautiful medals and congratulations.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    congrats Ang - nicely done
  • jrbanta
    Options
    This week is flying and so much paperwork to get done, ugh! Our weather has turned hot and humid again but is suppose to cool down for the weekend, yay! We had our AC off for a few days, so nice. Now it is on again. Our house does not get a good breeze when windows are open so it gets humid and stuffy.

It's been nice to have David home. He's so busy while he is here but he makes a point to see us for dinner time and early evening before he goes off to see friends.

Work is crazy for me right now. So many new education plans and reports to write and meetings to schedule. This stretch calendar makes the paperwork part of the job stressful. We are taking friends to the St. Paul Farmer's Market this weekend. They have never been to any of the local farmer's markets. Strange since they are healthy eaters.

What's new with all of you?

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    losing my mind - have a lot to catch up on -
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Another week of paperwork every evening. It's the only way to keep my head above water at work. I know I'm not doing some of it right but am still learning. Each person you ask gives a different answer so I'm just trying to use my common sense instead.

I hope you all are having a good week.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    so far behind in catching up! but I am thinking of you each day and rooting you (and ME) on.

Let's keep on keeping on

Soccer tourney this weekend and Zach sings on Sunday

two football games next week, and a soccer game during the week, plus all choir groups practice

and work is really bad!!

Yay!

I hope to hang on by my fingernails to my deficit and post a loss MOnday - let's do this
  • jrbanta
    Options
    TGIF!! Finally!
    Slow week with too many evenings doing paperwork. Trying to organize my desk space at work. It's an ongoing process. Too many papers and info that are important but I can't find them because I don't file things where I can find them. I never would be qualified to be an administrative assistant.

Two days of gray and rain. Cool out today, love it!

Go for the loss Marla! You can do it. I see you saw my Minion post just for you. Weren't those cute?

Farmer's market this weekend with friends, possibly clean another closet, and of course...paperwork!

Have a great evening!

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have been gone Thursday and Friday at our daughter's to see Isaac. He is getting so big and cute!

We arrived on Thursday and waited to for Fraser to come home from work and we all walked to dinner with Isaac in
    the buggy. He slept all the way there and managed to stay asleep through most of dinner. He woke up just before
    we were done and never said a peep just watched us. We walked back and he was golden.

Today we stayed until he went downf or his nap then we went home.

Now waiting for our company to come for the weekend. We are supposed to go sailing tomorrow but I think the rain
    is coming sooner than later so I think our plans are going to change.

Shirley

mioq4a8ypcrs.jpg
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!

Shirley - He's so adorable!!

Jenny - I understand!! Things are slowing down at work slightly (Not next week!) and I'm finding time to go through old files that are still in the filing cabinet and find out why. I've been having some battles with banks this week to get what I need!

Marla - I will be watching on Monday!

So happy! My three months at my new job is this coming Tuesday. I reminded by two main bosses (the owners of the firm) and asked about my benefits starting. At the same time I asked them for a small raise. My budget is tight and with needing to pay 50% of the cost of my benefits, I was afraid how that was going to affect me. I got a small raise! :smile: It works out that even after my benefit costs come out, I should still have a small amount left extra for me each month. I won't know for sure until I see my benefit package. The company they use is putting it together and will email it to me shortly. I so can't wait to have benefits again! It's been FIVE years since I've had benefits. Yes I am in Canada where things here are covered under my provincial health plan we all have, but not everything is covered - especially the dentist. I estimate I've easily paid between $5,000 to $6,000 to the dentist in the last five years. ($3,000 was just in one year - to much work had to be done!) I'm so excited to have coverage again when I go to the dentist! And the eye doctor! (Though that coverage is only once every 2 years typically, and a limit of about $200 on corrected lenses. My contacts cost me about $150 every six month.)

I've already got all my cleaning done for the weekend and the first of three loads of laundry I need to do are in. (Running clothes need to be washed separately. That amounts for a very very very small load!) At lunch time I have a very important birthday party to go to. My middle nephew is having his 6th birthday party today. I can hardly believe he is almost six! He's my hugger. Last night at the kids club I work at, he gave me at least three hugs! Last weekend after my race, I took him to Builder-a-Bear for his birthday. He knew I was taking him, but didn't know when. When I knocked and he opened the door, he launched himself at me and hugged me really hard! He loves his Birthday Monkey that he got. (He named the monkey he got Birthday Monkey. This is after naming the new fish he got that day Birthday Fish.)

Thursday we set a record high temperature for the province. Almost every place in all three Maritime provinces (PEI, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia) did. We've had beach type weather for two days now. I wore shorts and tank top on Thursdays run. I love it! I can't recall the last time where the second to last weekend of September it was still warm enough to wear shorts!

Well I need to finish going through the flyers and then do some banking (ugh) before leaving for the party. Have a great day ladies!!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

We had company all weekend and my friend and I did a lot of shopping and the boys watched, football, baseball, and golf and
    drank beer. So they were happy. Our friend Dave said he can't remember relaxing so much for a weekend. We all ate well
    but healthy.

My girlfriend went to my yoga class this morning and really enjoyed it. After we went out of lunch and found a bookstore
    with art, books and vintage stuff. It was a real find and we had a ball. I got some books for Isaac for Christmas and
    yesterday grandma bought him some outfits.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    hey all! will try to get back and comment later - so crazed

I did post a loss!! Yay me! I really want to cling to my wagon and get another good loss this week - but the schedule is truly brutal - plus with the sunburn (dumb me) I am feeling very pathetic

soccer for Caleb tonight and football practice for Zach, tomorrow is parent teacher conferences, football game for Zach, Wednesday is youth group and choir practice, Thursday is soccer practice and choir practice for Caleb and football away game for Zach, and Friday is haircuts for boys and piano lessons - it is month end this week and only five weeks until 'year-end' for work (we run Nov-Oct fiscal year) and they are set to eliminate at least 50 people.

Hugs to my peeps

Rock on
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Too short of a weekend! I read your posts but don't have time to comment since I need to get to work. Very busy week both at work and every evening. I'll try to check in when I can.

WTG Marla on your loss!
    Shirley- Isaac is so big and cute! Hugs!
    Ang- Your nephew sounds like a cute little guy!

I didn't accomplish anything this weekend except the farmer's market and laundry. No paperwork done! Bad me!

Well off to work. Have a wonderful day!

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Not much going on here today. I went to Yoga class this morning and now doing laundry. I should practice my choir
    music since I have practice tomorrow night.

Leaving Wednesday for one more sailing trip. Just us and another couple are going. We are taking our bikes too.
    The weather should be good in the 70's all week. This will be only a 2 hour sail.

Shirley

• mizpaden74
    Options
    thought I posted yesterday - feh

fb boys got thumped (again) last night - it's rouuugggghhhh - they just look defeated and I think the so-called coaches aren't helping (you just want to lose don't you) - no wonder a school our size has a terrible program - the leaders are killing it - it's not supposed to be easy, but you have to lead them through the bad stuff - not feed it
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    grrr - I don't feel I have fibbed in my logging this week and I am still up, up, up - and even though the swelling is starting to go down - my weight hasn't - FEH!