Please join us

Options
1404142434446»

Replies

• lcrockett
    lcrockett Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    One word...Amazing!! What an amazing thrill to do this with my son!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Oh my L, that looks amazing. You will never catch me doing that, my hands sweat walking out on a balcony.
    Great pictures I saw them on FB too.

My daughter #1 did that years ago for charity. She never told me until it was over.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    The latest pictures of Isaac this weekend.

mejzeg3zzdpd.jpg

Shirley

• mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,710 Member
    Options
    L and Shirley - LOVE the pictures!!!! HUGS my precious ones
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,258 Member
    Options
    Hi! We are back from Door County. Russ and I had a nice time and beautiful weather. The fall colors were vibrant and at peak or near peak. We did a wine tasting and bought many bottles of our favorites. We also tasted gin and brandy at a distillery but didn't buy anything there. We did some short hikes at the state parks, shopped, attended a fish boil dinner and had a nice time together. It's always nice to be home. David and Chantrelle watched the critters for us. The dogs are worn out. They went to the dog park and on two long hikes while we were gone. I'm thinking they want younger parents than us, lol! With my bad knees and Russ' bad ankle they don't get that kind of exercise very often.

Marla- Is your job in danger? That's awful they are letting so many people go. What's your status?

Shirley and Ang- Happy belated Thanksgiving! I hope your turkey was yummy! WTG on your run Ang! Shirley, did you close up the cottage for the season?

It's been a long day in the car so relaxing now.

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Jenny - No cottage isn't closed until the end of this month. Dave and Tom are going last weekend in October and Kristina
    and myself are going to another Yoga retreat at the same place we went in July.
    I saw some of your pictures on FB really nice places you went to. Sounds like a good time with hubby.

Yoga class this morning and with chairs again. Sounds easier but its not. Cleaning today so I should get going.

Yesterday lunch and shopping with my friend Donna we had a good time.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Frost in the mornings now. It's suppose to be warm today. The sun has been out for days which is wonderful. I never did my paper work over break so this morning is it. Ugh! I blew off the deadline but it will still get to parent for signature before effective date.

Yesterday I managed to clean out one garden on the side of the house. Two to go! I think I'll sod over these in the next year or so. Too much maintenance and never look all that nice anyway.

We saw the movie The Martian with Matt Damon. I had just read the book. The movie was true to the book through most of it, but the movie gave more closure on the characters at the end, which I liked.

David and Chantrelle have postponed their plane tickets for Australia until 11/15. He is healing from his shoulder surgery and the sling will be off by then. He didn't want to be in Australia (summer time) with a sling in the heat.

Enjoy your retreat Shirley!

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Last night was our last sailing club dinner of the season. It was our turkey dinner with all the trimmings. Since we did
    vegetarian for Kristina we enjoyed it thoroughly. They had a live band which was really good and I did some dancing. ;)
    Instead of staying overnight on the boat, which would have been freezing, we stayed in a Guest Suite at our friend's
    condo which they suggested we do. We didn't realize they had to pay for it after they booked it, so we took them
    out for breakfast this morning as our thank you.

After getting home I just finished making some soup for lunch tomorrow. We are leaving tomorrow to babysit Isaac
    while Kathy and Fraser go to the Jays baseball game. We will stay ovenight and then head home in the morning as
    I have two comittments on Tuesday. I bought Isaac his first Christmas bulb for 2015 today at the Christmas store
    in town. This store is the town where we keep our boat, Niagara on the Lake or as we call it NOTL.

Have a good evening everyone.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    mammogram day yesterday - unhappy in the bra today - :<(

I think it is probably a good idea that David and C can postpone their trip until he is more healed - it would be a bummer to be so sore and miss enjoying such an amazing trip!
  • Shirley61
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Got back from babysitting Isaac and now doctor apt. and choir rehearsal tonight. I am tired. :(

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Beautiful weather continues...blessed! Busy at work but getting it done. We've decided to have Thanksgiving dinner mid November so all kids are here.
    My middle sister was just diagnosed with breast cancer for second time same breast. She will have a masectomy. Don't know details. Scary!
    Did Caleb get hurt?

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Jenny - so sorry to hear about your sister. Awful! Prayers for healing and strength for all.

Caleb is well

We all have choir tonight - late night - yawn!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    just won a couple of tickets to Saturdays NU game - what a fun surprise for Zach! I hope anyways ;>)
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Nice surprise for Zach on the tickets I hope you all have fun.

Weather here also is nice and warm today and yesterday. We did have some rain this morning but stopped and sun came
    out feels nice and warm now. I just got back from getting groceries and here I am. I see our numbers are dwindling on here
    again. I will wait until I see my daughter at the end of the month to redo this site for us. I think the way its set up no one
    can come in and join its kind of private. There are only 6 members if you notice. I just don't want to close it out without
    restarting it properly.

I had a doctor apt. on Tuesday and all is well except my weight. My doctor never said a word but still holdin onto summer weight up and down. I am on a Thanksgiving day challenge here but not doing so well. I started on my turbo trainer (bike) again so I hope some weight will start moving along with my Yoga classes. Never ending :(

Jenny- glad to hear your whole family will be together again for Thanksgiving even if its early. We are doing the
    Black Friday shopping again although the US dollar is stronger now and our money is not worth as much so I won't
    be buying alot. We are going early this year leaving on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving to going to Frankenmuth, Mich
    (the German village) for a day and night and then heading for Coldwater for the dinner.

Have a good evening everyone. Hi to Ang, Amy and L.

Shirley

• jrbanta
    Options
    I'm confused if I'm writing on the right water cooler site. There is another link with just Marla and me commenting so far. Is this one done?

Where do I go from here?

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    I think the other one -