What was your fasting BG today?

Options

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    100. Not bad, but I'd like to see all my blood sugars be 99 or lower to make logging easier.
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    It's been a rough week-lots of emotional issues so, I'm trying to catch up. Tues 1/26=113, Wed=108, Thurs=115 & today was 107. It's better than previous week.
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    92 this morning. My metformin was cut to 250 bid and I am just a bit higher. Also increased my calories for maintenance so not sure if that makes a difference.....
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    8.2. A little high this morning but I think I'm coming down with something. I had a mild temperature of 100.2 last night, went to bed at 8:30.
  • leanmachine514
    Options
    today was 111
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Bad.. 128 so I went to the gym to get on the treadmill and wouldn't you know it...my shoelace ties broke on my sneakers....ugh, so no great workout. Do I get to deduct effort for trying from the bad number?
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    166 today.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    9.7. 174.6. But it's what I expected after a pig feat last night.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    121 I recently got the meter and have yet to see the diabetes educator. This is actually a very good number for me (many times it is over 130)- random readings throughout the day are lower
  • leanmachine514
    Options
    Happy February! Today was 112
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    Holy cow, 12.3 221.4 I guess a peanut butter and banana sandwich at 9:30 pm not such a great idea.
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options
    4.4 or 79. I think it's this low due to my huge exercise effort yesterday. Couch to 5K , week 4 day 1. I have never run before and I just turned 62 lol big effort for me!
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options
    Holy cow, 12.3 221.4 I guess a peanut butter and banana sandwich at 9:30 pm not such a great idea.
    I tend not to eat after 8pm or a small snack if my bs feels low and I check it. If you want the snack, can you do a little walk? That helps burn off carbs. Even dancing to some tunes in your living room!! PB and banana is what I use to raise my bs quickly if it's low. ;) maybe almonds and an apple for your snack? Good luck!! Everyone is different in how their body deals with what they eat. I know you have great healthy meals. You might want to tweek your diet a little. It's a learning process!! If you slept badly or feel under the weather it can affect your BS too. Don't stress...just try to change it up a little going forward once you find what your body doesn't tolerate. I can't do pasta of any sort, rice (teeny bit) and pizza crust...devastating lol but you will find LOTS of yummy food and you won't feel deprived!! :) hope that helps!
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    Thanks Jane. I don't normally have that heavy a snack at night, but I was stressed, and was feeling sorry for myself.
    Today will be a better day, although I am feeling nauseated and sweaty. If I didn't have to go to the nurses for a last wound check, I'd take some gravol and go back to bed.
  • leanmachine514
    Options
    We're on a streak, FBS 112 again today.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    Thanks Jane. I don't normally have that heavy a snack at night, but I was stressed, and was feeling sorry for myself.
    Today will be a better day, although I am feeling nauseated and sweaty. If I didn't have to go to the nurses for a last wound check, I'd take some gravol and go back to bed.

Just checked my blood sugar. It's 4.8 and I feel awful. I guess this is a low? I better eat something.
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options

Just checked my blood sugar. It's 4.8 and I feel awful. I guess this is a low? I better eat something.
    It's not a low...when mine first dipped into the high 4s I would shake and feel very nauseated. It was my body not used to normal BS results. If 4.8 before bed, I personally would eat a snack because mine will drop over night. I think you still have a little higher BS in the am...so you probably don't need a snack but do what the dietician told you...I am not a doctor just T2D that has gotten control. I honestly try never to eat after 8pm unless I have low(er) BS because now I am virtually at my goal my insulin resistance has improved. However that being said, one pizza blow out and my sugar would be Waaay up there haha!! You are doing great tho...don't stress just see which meals give you great results and eat tons of veggies and food and the occasional treat. I try not to eat processed food. It's easy for me because I live alone so it's just my menu..I know it's challenging for tons of people.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    I think it may have been the sudden drop from this morning. After I did have a small glass of juice and some apple sauce I felt much better.
    I live alone too Jane, so I make my own menu. Just, sometimes my menu leaves something to be desired. Better days ahead.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    7.7 138.6 More in line with what I've come to expect.