What was your fasting BG today?

Options

Replies

• judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Yes, in Canada, and other countries we measure it differently. You use mg/dl We use mmol/l. If you take my morning results today, 7.2, it's equivalent to 130 in the US. You take our reading and multiply by 18. If I up understand the literature, it's only the US that uses mg/dl
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Today was 111
  • shippan
    shippan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    105 this morning. what is the comparison of numbers for BS in US and Canada? BS down, but had a tough 2 days of really overeating all the wrong food and have to get back on track. They didn't even taste that good. Enjoy life
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    99, for the first time in forever!
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    halemary46 wrote: »
    105 this morning. what is the comparison of numbers for BS in US and Canada? BS down, but had a tough 2 days of really overeating all the wrong food and have to get back on track. They didn't even taste that good. Enjoy life
    actually, divide by 18 to get mmol/l. that would be 5.8.

today mine is 7.7 138.6
  • cloudy68
    cloudy68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    109 - which is great for me!!!
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    oops! Too much junk last night after going out with friends...FBS 124 :(
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    7.9 142.2 Popcorn and hot chocolate last night. Had planned on going for a swim, but the heater in the pool is being fixed, and it was too cold. That had lowered my sugars a few days ago.
  • zcb94
    Options
    120. Why me?
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    120. Why me?

Up here in Canada, that would be a good reading. Under 7 fasting. Yours would be 6.6
    Lower than mine, so I think you're doing ok.
    Are you supposed to be lower to be considered within normal range?
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    Before a meal (preprandial plasma glucose): 80–130 mg/dl

1-2 hours after beginning of the meal (Postprandial plasma glucose)*: Less than 180 mg/dl

These are the numbers on the American Diabetes Assoc. website. To me, if you're under 130, you're still within the normal range, so why do some of you freak if it's not below 100?
    For myself, the few times I've been at 5(90), I felt shakey and was showing signs of low blood sugar.
    Are you all putting too much pressure on yourselves to be below 100? Or is this doctor recommended?
  • zcb94
    Options
    Before a meal (preprandial plasma glucose): 80–130 mg/dl

1-2 hours after beginning of the meal (Postprandial plasma glucose)*: Less than 180 mg/dl

These are the numbers on the American Diabetes Assoc. website. To me, if you're under 130, you're still within the normal range, so why do some of you freak if it's not below 100?
    For myself, the few times I've been at 5(90), I felt shakey and was showing signs of low blood sugar.
    Are you all putting too much pressure on yourselves to be below 100? Or is this doctor recommended?
    Maybe not doctor-recommended (although I will ask him if we ever meet again), but definitely helpful for me. As taught by @KenSmith108, I log my sugars like a food, where one unit = 1 serving. Therefore, it's a billion times easier to keep track of anything 99 or less. As long as I don't drop below...I believe 60 is the universal "eat something NOW number."
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
  • wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    93 this am. The last few weeks have been better than the previous 3 years. I just hope I can keep up tgediscipline.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    105 this morning...have only had one below 100 since I was taken off glimiperide a few weeks ago. Still on metformin.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    90 this morning
  • shippan
    shippan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    117 this morning. I am happy when I am in the 90's. Maybe it's in my head, but I feel better.I do get confused between US numbers and Canadian.
  • zcb94
    Options
    117 this morning. I am happy when I am in the 90's. Maybe it's in my head, but I feel better.I do get confused between US numbers and Canadian.
    Same here! That was my BG today too.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    8 or 144. Could have been the apple at 9:00 last night?
  • judyvalentine512
    Options

It's actually US and the rest of the world. Same with metric vs imperial.