What was your fasting BG today?

Options

Replies

• judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    jvcjcooper wrote: »
    Had to look up 'hickory sticks' because i wanted to make sure you were not taking the 'nuts, twigs and berry' concept too far, all i was thinking was wood to smoke bacon and ham with... and the hickory trees out back :). and by the way they do look tasty.

That's funny!
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    134 (7.44) ... but those posicles were tasty and fit my macros :) just probaly should not have had three of them :(
  • jvcjim
    Options
    132 (7.33) this morning, but that fried chicken i made last night was so good.
  • jvcjim
    Options
    111 (6.17) back in the range i like
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    10.8 (194.4). No surprise there.
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hi again. I've been in the mountains of NC hiking for the last 10 days so that's why I haven't posted anything. I'm just now home & will begin my regular posts tomorrow.
  • jvcjim
    Options
    autumn in the pisgah is very nice but i do prefer my native adirondacks, i will hike their peaks again.... in 3-5 years..
  • jvcjim
    Options
    127 (7.06) a couple servings of "cheddar combos" did their siren song for me last night... so weak
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    127 (7.06) a couple servings of "cheddar combos" did their siren song for me last night... so weak
    What is a cheddar combo? I love cheese anything
  • jvcjim
    Options
    think a hollow bit of pretzel with some industrial cheese like filling they fill them with other flavors besides cheddar and also make some where it is a stuffed cracker tube... great if you need carbs and sodium. bizarrely, i only went over 13grams on my carbs and 46grams on fat and 1200mg of sodium .... unfortunately, i had 7 servings of the cursed things.... more calories than my dinner.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    The last few days my sugars have been off the charts. Then again,/
  • judyvalentine512
    Options

So has my eating. No exercise to speak of, plus excessive carbs will do that. I'll do better today.
  • jvcjim
    Options
    122 (6.78) this morning at 6AM, just had not logged in until now... i was shocked it was so low last, night was chinese takeaway, and i have little self control.
  • jvcjim
    edited October 2016
    Options

So has my eating. No exercise to speak of, plus excessive carbs will do that. I'll do better today.

sometimes we just need to eat for comfort or desire nothing to be concerned about as long as you are honest about it and don't make it too much of a habit.... i'm going to have blueberry pie with my roast beef tomorrow night, because that is what the wife wants me to make.... i want chocolate cake.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    9.7 (174.6). Still too high, but oddly enough, in two hours or so, it will be on the 6's. This was after a day of healthy eating, exercise, and no late night snacking.
  • jvcjim
    Options
    102 (5.67) my lowest fasting reading this year! the 106 i got 3 weeks ago was my previous low reading.
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options
    9.7 (174.6). Still too high, but oddly enough, in two hours or so, it will be on the 6's. This was after a day of healthy eating, exercise, and no late night snacking.

I wouldn't stress about that if it drops significantly after you get up!!! Also you are stressed and that can raise BS. If the doctor isn't concerned then I would just keep on the healthy train and keep doing what you are doing when you have a great day but I believe none of us will stay 100% on the healthy without having a treat now and then. You have had a ton to deal with in the way of health!!
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options
    102 (5.67) my lowest fasting reading this year! the 106 i got 3 weeks ago was my previous low reading.
    That is fabulous! CONGRATS!!!! something to keep striving for! Very well done!!!!!!
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options
    Mine was 5.1 (92) this morning and I expected it to be higher as I was out for a friend's birthday celebration and had a pretty large "snack" lol and a wine spritzer. Was a smoked salmon charcuterie board with very yummy goat cheese and these pumpkin and cranberry skinny long crackers. I had a proper dinner salad including yogurt and blueberries before I went out.
    So much fun!!!
  • jvcjim
    edited October 2016
    Options
    121 (6.72) ok, maybe blueberry pie is not really a fruit, but not to bad really.