What was your fasting BG today?

Options

Replies

• asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Yes...I used to have a big problem with that dawn phenomenon. I found a late night snack with some protein and a little fat held my blood sugar during the night more stable and I didnt get as much of a morning liver dump.
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Today was 104 & yesterday was 99. Good start to the week
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    130 yup, you guessed it, pie again... but the dang stuff fits my macros! :(
    Maybe i'll switch to ice cream....
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    jvcjcooper wrote: »
    130 yup, you guessed it, pie again... but the dang stuff fits my macros! :(
    Maybe i'll switch to ice cream....

You're too funny. What kind of pie is this that's sooo tempting? Myself, it would be lemon meringue.

Today's number is the same as yesterday, 9.3(167.4)
  • jvcjim
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Pies and cakes are my weakness sweets. cookies/biscuits and ice cream are "meh" in my book. this week it has been blueberry pie, last week was lemon meringue... and i am the one at fault, i make the damned things. Granted SWMBO and/or the kids ask for them but they eat very little of them so over the week i eat them. The worse part is the crust: butter, lard, flour and vodka.
  • asrai50
    Options
    143....pump issue last night though. My own fault, should have taken care of it over night but apparently my brain thought staying in bed was more important :D
  • jvcjim
    Options
    121 (6.72) this morning not too bad.
  • asrai50
    Options
    117..Hope everyone has a great day. I am working today (I work 24 hour shifts) so hopefully I can make some good choices! Packing my food for the day to take with me...trying to stay away from the junk food!
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    7.3 (131.4) Woohoo, that is my normal. I ate a lot of veggies and low fat choices yesterday. Had a granola bar around 7:30 ish. It seems to have worked. Things are looking up!
  • jvcjim
    Options
    @judyvalentine512 great to hear that the numbers are getting around normal.
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    90.25 (5.0)
  • jvcjim
    Options
    grrr... 142 (7.89) no pie or snacks so it makes no sense. some days are just like that, i was slightly under everything yesterday. main difference was i did just a little (hardly any) cardio without my usual morning walk as it was pouring cold rain all day and i just was not motivated to move far from my comfy chair and cozy fire.
  • asrai50
    Options
    Unfortunately I find so little about diabetes that makes sense :( Out of curiosity...are you relatively "normal" at night before bed? If so, I could just be that morning "liver dump" you are seeing resulting in a higher fasting blood sugar. I have said for years that my poor liver is just dumb. It dumps glucose in my system when I haven't eaten thinking it is doing me a favor and providing an energy source. Poor thing doesn't realize that I dont need its "help" :)
  • jvcjim
    Options
    my evening readings are very steady and average 105 (nowadays) both before dinner and 3 hours after eating. i know that sometimes it is the stupid liver dump and other days i think it is my fat/saturated fat ratio since statically, for me, that shows the strongest correlation.

"In our lust for measurement, we frequently measure that which we can rather than that which we wish to measure... and forget that there is a difference." George Udny Yule
  • JaneKnoll1
    Options
    This might be helpful.
    On the days I am heavy on the protein at dinner, the next morning my FBS will he higher. I know that sounds weird but it has happened on many occasions. I know protein isn't supposed to affect bs but it shows up next morning for me.
  • jvcjim
    Options
    128 (7.11) an apple and some (50g) cheddar for a snack
  • asrai50
    Options
  • JaneKnoll1
    edited October 2016
    Options
    One thing might help...I eat apples every day but rarely eat an entire apple unless they are small. They are really good for you but pretty carby. I cut apples in half and usually just consume around 2-3 ounce apple. The usual normal size apple here is almost 6oz!! Many carbs lol! Anyway just an idea.

• jvcjim
    Options
    JaneKnoll1 wrote: »
    One thing might help...I eat apples every day but rarely eat an entire apple unless they are small. They are really good for you but pretty carby. I cut apples in half and usually just consume around 2-3 ounce apple. The usual normal size apple here is almost 6oz!! Many carbs lol! Anyway just an idea.

Yup, my apple was 153g (5.3ounces) cored... so 22g carbs and 16g sugar but yesterday was an under goal day for calories and macros. which really does not matter, honestly, i like any day that starts with under 130 (7.22) usually though i eat fruit earlier in the day because by the end of the day it usually does not fit my goals, especially when pie is available :)
  • jvcjim
    Options
    114 (6.33) i skipped the apple after dinner and just had 2ounces (56g) of cheese. not self restraint, i just did not have the calories left for it. :)