NSVs/Positive Changes

Options

Replies

• Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    About chocolate. You can make your own too. Stevia, fat and cocoa powder. Surely there must be some good recipes out there on Pinterest or google it:)

I'm too lazy, so I just have cocoa powder in my morning shake:P All the benefits with cocoa, takes no time and I can save fats/sugars for other food. Win-win!

Nice jeans, Emma! go-go:D
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Chocolate dilemma? Not really. I prefer dark choc but was commenting that my body seemed to be doing a total over-rule. We'll see come Christmas!!
    Emma..size 10 jeans...brilliant!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Emma: Great on the jeans.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Rockin' those Jeans, Emma!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You ladies keep posting pics of yourselves looking hot with your new bods...I'm starting to feel like a big perv.

Nice job everyone...great results, at least from my vantage point.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    We are looking forward to your success pics Oricam!
  • Sadi_Kalen
    Sadi_Kalen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i've been at this woe almost exactly the same time as you, Carbmonster and i have to say i've fallen for it wholeheartedly as well for all the reasons you mention here. i have lost 5 kg since i switched from plain ol' calorie restriction in early September, which is awesome because my numbers were not moving despite being strict with the calorie counting. it also drove me absolutely crazy trying to stick to a small number every day without a break so this really does help.

i also feel this is the cure for binge-eating (that waz my personal issue with food also) as this haz slowly improved especially in the last few weeks. fasting is fairly easy for me because i did this far too often at a time of real hardship in my life and although i initially lost weight from it, it also helped me gain again when i returned to normal eating. i find the 2 day fasts almost too easy to worry about ever changing this. i also enjoy eating whatever i want. i hit my TDEE as much as possible and have sometimes gone a little over (usually under) and i may not see a consistent loss on the scale for a good 2 weeks or so but the trend appears to be downwards and my pants are also getting much larger over time. i highly recommend this to anyone looking for relaxed weight loss! B)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    @Sadi_Kalen - great job Sadi! During my losing period, I also saw a big loss followed by 1-2 smaller (or no loss). As long as the trend over a few weeks or months is downward all is good ;-)
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Sadi_Kalen wrote: »
    i've been at this woe almost exactly the same time as you, Carbmonster and i have to say i've fallen for it wholeheartedly as well for all the reasons you mention here. i have lost 5 kg since i switched from plain ol' calorie restriction in early September, which is awesome because my numbers were not moving despite being strict with the calorie counting. it also drove me absolutely crazy trying to stick to a small number every day without a break so this really does help.

i also feel this is the cure for binge-eating (that waz my personal issue with food also) as this haz slowly improved especially in the last few weeks. fasting is fairly easy for me because i did this far too often at a time of real hardship in my life and although i initially lost weight from it, it also helped me gain again when i returned to normal eating. i find the 2 day fasts almost too easy to worry about ever changing this. i also enjoy eating whatever i want. i hit my TDEE as much as possible and have sometimes gone a little over (usually under) and i may not see a consistent loss on the scale for a good 2 weeks or so but the trend appears to be downwards and my pants are also getting much larger over time. i highly recommend this to anyone looking for relaxed weight loss! B)

omg I'm so excited for you!!! i feel exactly the same!

for halloween, I used my TDEE + some lol day (so much candy, so much pizza and I regret nothing lol). normally a day like that while i'm dieting would lead to thoughts of "omg i just ruined everything! i might as well continue bingeing because i ate bad". it's crazy how opposite this diet makes me feel. instead, i feel thankful. i can have a day like that where I let loose, enjoy food, and feel like my energy bar gets refilled. i'm thankful i can have a day where i can eat all of those things and then the next day i'm renewed to get back on track. and the best part about it, is that those "bad" days are actually an important part of the diet to reset and get your metabolism hopping : P

@emma woo woo! that's so awesome!!! i had my own jean victory this weekend. when i was topping out at 330's, i had been wearing a pair of my mom's jeans (30/32's) because they were "comfortable"...in denial I was actually getting close to that size. I was probably a 28+ but never went and bought new jeans. Friday I pulled out my old pair of 26's and they fit like a glove! I can't remember the last time I wore something without elastic lol!

• mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Emmaontra stylin!
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome. Thank you. :)
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    i also feel this is the cure for binge-eating (that waz my personal issue with food also) as this haz slowly improved especially in the last few weeks.

I have had the same experience. I find myself more and more being able to take or leave the foods I love to eat. Saturday night I had planned a dessert for myself as part of my TDEE. By the time I got to it, it was late. I didn't want to jump myself up with the sugar before bed so I skipped it! That never had happened in the past. I actually chose doing something good for myself over food.
  • thecarbmonster
    edited November 2014
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    i also feel this is the cure for binge-eating (that waz my personal issue with food also) as this haz slowly improved especially in the last few weeks.

I have had the same experience. I find myself more and more being able to take or leave the foods I love to eat. Saturday night I had planned a dessert for myself as part of my TDEE. By the time I got to it, it was late. I didn't want to jump myself up with the sugar before bed so I skipped it! That never had happened in the past. I actually chose doing something good for myself over food.

Ahh @jknight001 you're giving me warm fuzzies! Like seriously, just hearing you say "doing something good for myself over food"...I think that's a pretty awesome realization.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options

Ahh @jknight001 you're giving me warm fuzzies! Like seriously, just hearing you say "doing something good for myself over food"...I think that's a pretty awesome realization.

<3 Thank you!

• Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »

That's awesome and a very good thing. You "ruling" over the food, actually making a decision for yourself instead of letting appetite (or whatever the reason is/was) take over and put you in autopilot. Great job!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    This NSV is not directly related to 5:2....

but 6 weeks after my operation, I ran 6.5k as if there had been no break in between....well almost. I was a little slower and still had to walk the downhill parts due to too much jiggeling for the sutures, but it felt SOOOO good to run again.

Have a great day!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    This NSV is not directly related to 5:2....

but 6 weeks after my operation, I ran 6.5k as if there had been no break in between....well almost. I was a little slower and still had to walk the downhill parts due to too much jiggeling for the sutures, but it felt SOOOO good to run again.

Have a great day!

People who are already in good shape, like I think you are reading your program in some other thread, don't loose their heart condition that fast. The peaking might be harder, but the baseline performance stays pretty ok for much longer than most people believe, including myself:)

I experienced same thing last year. I had 3 accidents, breaking 3 ribs, backward salto off a ladder and fell between metro car and station. So basically unable to exercise well for about 6 months. Coming back to the gym was MUCH easier than I thought it would be. Was afraid I lost it all, so I did some research about it...

• flumi_f
    Options
    @Foamroller - You do know there are healthier ways to exercise than a backflip off a ladder, right? Does not Sound good. Hope all healed well.

I was just so happy to be able to fly up that hill again, even if it was a wee bit slower. ;-) Walking was good, but didn't get my heart rate up enough for a decent burn.
  • thecarbmonster
    Options
    Omg you guys, you're warriors! Way to pick back up and keeping going!

Today I'm wearing my first non-stretch elastic work pants in forever. Well, I guess it's a bit of a cheat because there is some elastic in the back but a button up front haha. I've basically been wearing sweat pants to work for over a year.

Today, I found a pair of size 26s (which I had been denying I didn't fit in the last year) and they fit perfect. And I was really glad I was wearing them because I got an award in front of a full theater! I felt more confident than I have in a long time. Not just because of the size of my pants or number on the scale, but because I've GROWN in so many ways. Need to take time to be thankful for how my life has been turned around.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    @thecarbmonster Awesome job!! There are some beautiful NSVs in your post!! :)