November ETL thread: No nonsense November

Options
12346»

Replies

• whats_her_name
    whats_her_name Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I hear you, sloth - for me it's chips, pretzels, popcorn -- anything snacky like that. Once I start, I literally keep going and going and going... So I just have to stay away (and sometimes that's hard too!!)

Thanks for your kind works about my treadmill stats. :bigsmile: I'm going to do my own version of C210K to get me to a nonstop 10km run in about 8 weeks or so. My HIIT sessions include 4mph walk (for an hour), with 7mph sprints. Right now I only do 4x one-minute sprints, but later I'll be doing 10 sprints, and sometimes they will be 2 minutes long. My walk speed will increase to 4.2, but it will never be faster than that. (That's probably as quick as I can do without breaking into a jog). That's my training on the treadmill in a nutshell... If anyone wants to know more specifically, just message me and I can give you the whole breakdown.

Today was a well-earned rest day, to give my brand new blisters a break. But I think my new shoes are pretty good though, because I don't have quite as many blisters as I normally would. So that's a bonus.

I don't know how many of you are in Canada, but I bought a vegan cereal called "Holy Crap!" because I thought the name was hilarious. And I tried it as directed and it wasn't great. But then I made it again last night, this time adding oatmeal and maple syrup to turn it into an overnight oats breakfast and it was amazing!!! So tasty! Even my daughter had some this morning... There's another cereal called "Skinny B" by the same company, so I picked that one up too. I think I might make overnight oats tonight using that one.

Alright, I've gotta run. Have a good one!!
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Mmm I'll look into this new breakfast idea, Karrie. Thanks! I'm always looking for easy breakfasts I can carry along. Hot oatmeal is harder to carry along and I'm not always in the mood for a smoothie in the winter! I'll look for it this weekend when I shop.

Great job everyone with all your treadmill usages!!! You've totally inspired me. My treadmill has been collecting a bit of dust but my foot has been FINALLY feeling better, and hearing all your stories of perseverance on the dreaded treadmill has inspired me to try it out tonight. Wish me luck!! I can hardly run at all, but I know intervals are a good way to get going, so I'll give it a whirl.

Scott, sounds like you are doing great!! You talk your struggles and triumphs down, but I think you sound like you've got a lot figured out. Good for you for recognizing your binges... I had the same realization last week. I would have 1 million bites of various things that no longer meant small quantities lol. You're always so consistent with your exercise too, I'm jealous to get there!

Mihani, ahhhh I really wish you could just have the normal holiday everyone else is getting there lol. Poor you, having to go in on Sunday. I hope it's okay (and that boss' vacay means less craziness next week). Please please please relax and do nothing for two of your three days! You deserve it.

Funny, I think the Canadians are taking over ETL lately.....

I got in my hot yoga last night (holy moly sweaty), and smoothie this morning, with big salad and fruit for lunch...I need to see the scale ticker MOVE soon pleaseeeeee.
  • liapr
    Options
    PS Scott... I was practically drooling ready about krispy-kremes.... I remember once upon a time they had a store nearby us while I was in high school and I still remember the taste. They were the best donuts ever! And I remember being on weight watchers and trying to log one and it coming to 16 points lol. It was so sad.
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,948 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving my U.S. friends! And happy regular day to the rest of you! I took most of yesterday off. Got to the office before 7:30 Ran to the grocery near the office around 9:30 and it was perfect timing. Not crowded at all. By the time I left the parking lot was packed. Worked till about 12:30 then stopped at the organic store for silken tofu (they didn’t have it at the regular grocery) and then home, then another trip to the organic store when I realized my brown rice syrup expired a year ago, and that’s a bit past my throw caution to the wind date.

Last night I made this: chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/06/the-ultimate-chocolate-fudge-pie/ and this: ohsheglows.com/2011/11/20/vegan-pumpkin-pie-three-ways-classic-rustic-gluten-free/ using the nut crust and classic filling (I made this a couple years ago and it was seriously good eats)… and making coconut whipped cream. I tasted the filling for the chocolate pie (of course I did) and it was smooth and chocolatey awesomeness. I just used a store-bought graham cracker crust for the chocolate pie.

Going to make this: ohsheglows.com/2011/11/14/vegan-holiday-dinner-ideas-a-new-recipe/ only I am using a mix of rices rather than all wild rice. And finally, this: ohsheglows.com/2010/07/23/basil-scalloped-tomatoes-and-croutons/ I don’t have a half cup of sesame seeds to make her parmesan but I have some store-bought vegan parm. My mom used to make scalloped tomatoes and I remember it being so good so I was excited to stumble across this recipe. Obviously, the Oh She Glows website is the source of most of my Thanksgiving recipes this year.

I am not worried about logging today. I won’t go crazy, but I won’t worry about it either. It’s one day of delightful food and I’m going to enjoy it.

Other than one load of laundry, my goal today is to do nothing much at all other than cooking, eating, and drinking some wine!

Scott, you have plenty of company in the struggle to control the binging. I’m also one who doesn’t do “moderation” well.

Karrie, you are doing great! Hope your blisters heal quickly. I have never heard of that cereal, love the names.

Lia, you must be enjoying that yoga. There is a place not far from me that does that, but I’m afraid I’d pass out lol. I can believe a krispy kreme would be 16 points. I’m glad they aren’t vegan so they don’t tempt me anymore!

xf3ysbbmmuvt.jpg
  • whats_her_name
    Options
    expired a year ago, and that’s a bit past my throw caution to the wind date.
    That's too funny, because I do that too!! :blush:
  • whats_her_name
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Oh, had to take another rest day today, because I'm walking like a granny. Sore everywhere and moving very slowly. :open_mouth: ouch!!!

But I'll be back at it tomorrow!!
  • liapr
    Options
    Hahaha I also LOL'd at the "throw caution to the wind date" lol. I am guilty too of pushing it. Happy thanksgiving american friends!! I hope you're all having wonderful, relaxing, and delicious days!

It's a regular cold day here. I am getting excited about black friday deals here in Ontario though (and online). I'm glad it's caught on here. I'm nearly done my holiday shopping but I love love looking for stuff.

I think hot yoga tonight, although I am just not feeling like it. Hope you feel less stiff Karrie! And Mihani, I never feel light-headed but I do drink lots of water before and after. Also I have a weird internal thermostat and have no issue with heat, but problems with cold. So i know a lot of people are wary of hot yoga for the same reason!
  • Mihani
    Options
    I'm stuffed. The scalloped tomatoes, the rice, and the chocolate pie were all wonderful and everyone loved them. The pumpkin pie was a fail. the nut crust was really hard and stuck to the dish and the filling was just okay. I brought it home and I'll scoop out the filling and mix it into my oatmeal this week.
  • liapr
    Options
    Yum that all sounds delicious Mihani. Was it a relaxing day for you?

I want to make that chocolate pie... I'm going to make the OSG 5-minute macaroons tonight I think! And veggie fajitas :)
  • Mihani
    Options
    Lia, the chocolate pie was completely awesome. Everyone loved it. And it was so easy. Bought a pre-made graham cracker crust and the pie is just throwing all the ingredients in the food processor and then pouring into the crust and refrigerating until firm. I made the coconut cream from OSG also, and I was disappointed that it was really thin and not very much like whipped cream, but today I looked at the container of it I brought home and it is thick and creamy so now I know, let it chill before serving.
  • tdh1991
    tdh1991 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Happy belated Thanksgiving.

Ate way to much but it was delicious.

Cat scan came out normal. Still have a headache but not as bad. I have never had a continuous headache before, I hope this isn't a new normal for me. Alas, that is what I am treating this HA now. Just another ache and pain added to the list. So, it is time to get back to my normal routine.

Had a very nice holiday with family and friends.

Everyone have a happy last day of November. See you in the December thread. !
  • Mihani
    Options
    Terri, that is great news that the CAT came out normal. Sorry you are still suffering from the headache though. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving.

I am trying to think of a good name for a December thread... my brain isn't working. If anybody has inspiration go to it, otherwise I'll come up with something in the morning that will likely be lame and we'll have to live with it all month!

Went to the office for about 5 hours today, it was good. Got a fair amount done. Can't wait for the boss to leave after Tuesday so I can have some time to myself to get more done.