Jen's January Jaunt: 30 Miles in 30 Days

Replies

• It's Wednesday everybody. Hope it will be a great day.

Carol, great time chatting with you yesterday.

Kevin, I'm planning some challenges each month - may just be more walking but that's my main focus right now. Loving that this is being received so well.

John, hehehe, herd. :)
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Jens Jaunt today 1.03 mi w Tabata 17.78 for The month so far.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Heron. Wrong thread or not that sounds like a great trip. Love Tahoe area, hope to get back one if these days.
  • beerbikegirl
    Day14. Busy at work putting together a business case presentation for a proposed project. Didn't get out to walk. Pulled out the reflective best and got in a quick mile at night with the dog after lifting. Kinda slushy along the road, but thankfully not slippery.

ir5mbtqjytt6.jpg
  • Hmrjmr1
    Kim Great Lift session. Hoooah to ya!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Todays Jaunt 1.32 mi ttl for Jan 19 mi. Nice Jaunt this morning cool enough for the bubble hat but warm enough for the knees (40 F)
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Way to go kickin' @ss with the jaunting. You all rock!

01/15 - 2.7 miles walked OUTSIDE
    01/16 -
    01/17 -
    01/18 -
    01/19 -
    01/20 -
    01/21 -

Weekly Total: 2.7 miles

Yearly Total: 27.5 (2.5 to reach goal, but who's counting??? I AM!!!)

Took a walk outside, in the dark, this evening. Not the safest with ice. Felt good clearing my brain and breathing fresh air.
  • kris3b wrote: »
    Way to go kickin' @ss with the jaunting. You all rock!

01/15 - 2.7 miles walked OUTSIDE
    01/16 -
    01/17 -
    01/18 -
    01/19 -
    01/20 -
    01/21 -

Weekly Total: 2.7 miles

Yearly Total: 27.5 (2.5 to reach goal, but who's counting??? I AM!!!)

Took a walk outside, in the dark, this evening. Not the safest with ice. Felt good clearing my brain and breathing fresh air.

Oooooo, almost there Kris!!!! :)
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member

Thanks! I am not giving up once I hit 30, but feels good:)
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Another mile. This one leisurely strolling and talking with a friend.

17 total.
  • kris3b wrote: »

Thanks! I am not giving up once I hit 30, but feels good:)

YAY!!! I will keep going as well. :)
  • Five miles in this morning (longest jaunt of the month so far). Feeling awfully good about it. :) That brings my total to 26.2 for the month. Hey, I just noticed something. I've walked a marathon! I know, I know. It took me seven days to do it! I still did it though!!!! :stuck_out_tongue:
  • beerbikegirl
    edited January 2015
    Five miles is great Jennifer!!!! Was just thinking last night, I'm itching for a long walk. These mile here and there or dog walks are great, but I really like getting out and walking for an hour or so. This weekend I need to take advantage of daylight and marginally warmer temps and get an hour in each day, which I know will be less miles than a summer walk due to the smaller stride ice and snow require...

Not tha I'm pushing pace..... this is jaunting and on my walks I'm intentional about keeping the pace in the very low fat burning/cardio range - unless doing sprints or hills. My goal is as much time in low or fat burning (50-69% of max HR) and a bit of peak/anaerobic (85+ max) occasionally sprinting, minimizing time in the "cardio" range (70-84%). I found last summer that doing this greatly improved my fitness/cardio ability on my bike - versus doing traditional training that stays in the "cardio" range. Tested very good V02 max for age at end of summer following this idea.
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    jenniferyounginillinois Posts: 535 Member
    edited January 2015
    Awesome Kim. I'm getting in at least 45 minutes to satisfy the FB challenge (as well as my own desire to make getting out worth it). You have a lot more science and expertise behind your activity. Me, I just get out there and hope for the best. :)

Day 16 of the January Jaunt is posted on YouTube. :)
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Plus 6.2 miles hiking today.

23.2 total
  • 30 miles completed!!! Woohoo!!! I'm taking tomorrow off to let my legs heal. I was really pushing it this weekend.
  • Hmrjmr1
    1.05 this morning 20.05 for Jan.
  • beerbikegirl
    2.9 miles with hubby yesterday. Puts me just over 20.
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Going to try and catch up... 4 miles yesterday, 3 today. I'm at 7 now. Maybe I can convince the girl to go on a walk with me before the Colts game.
  • Hmrjmr1
    1.09 today ttl 21.14 may jaunt again later.