Jen's January Jaunt: 30 Miles in 30 Days

Replies

• tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Ran 1000s today. They suck! We did 7 of them so like 4 miles or so? Idk it puts me above 30 though! 32.5 to be exact. BOOM TAKE THAT JANUARY! Good job everyone!
  • Ok, so Carol has asked me if I would host the podcast for the January Jaunters. Next weekend would be perfect and I'm very open to times. I want to have as many people that Carol mentioned join in and listen.

So, Hammer, Kevin, TJ, Kris, Kim, DebSue, Chris & Cynthia, what day/time would work best?
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Final mile and a half done...in the rain.... 30!!!!!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Jen if it's on the weekend either day at any time is good o, for me. Feb 7 or 8th.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Weekend is perfect. Typically I'm on Mom Taxi pick up at the snowboard park on Sat evenings (from 8 on). But outside of that is good.
  • kilosierra83
    Weekend is best for me as well typically.
  • Ok, I'm going to throw out Saturday at 5:00am Central. This would give us enough time for an hourish long show and make sure Kim will be available for Mom Taxi duty. :) if this doesn't work for anybody, let me know what will work.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    5 AM?????
  • Oh jeez!!! No, that's supposed to be PM!!!! Grrrrrrr
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Well, I failed my Jaunt challenge.... :(
    I just haven't been feeling it the last week or so, so I didn't make it in time. I think I was at 27 miles.
  • Well, I failed my Jaunt challenge.... :(
    I just haven't been feeling it the last week or so, so I didn't make it in time. I think I was at 27 miles.

TJ, nobody who participated in the Jaunt failed. Not in my book! :wink:
  • imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    I can't do Saturday evening because I'm leading a formal whiskey tasting and presenting on the Whiskey Rebellion. Fancy dinner and all. Have a great time! I'll enjoy listening!
  • imabizzybee
    imabizzybee Posts: 123 Member
    Oh, and to update. I did 143 miles total. Let's assume 100 of those were outside (really more like 120). Not bad for the dead of winter in Pennsylvania! Today is sure a cold one though. So far only 3 1/2 miles.
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    jenniferyounginillinois Posts: 535 Member
    edited February 2015
    Awww Cynthia. :cry:
    I understand though. We'll miss you. Sounds like you'll be having a great time. We'll try not to talk too much about you. :wink: 143 miles in January? WOOHOO!!!!!!!
  • Fellow jaunters who can make it tomorrow night's show, here's the link. https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/ytl/sSPRzi9D_lXqG1JlkSmijIfKiev6tTJL72A8PXeXDYY=?authuser=0&hl=en_US

I'm really looking forward to getting the chance to talk to some of you. Seeya tomorrow night at 5:00pm Central. :smile:
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Well, I failed my Jaunt challenge.... :(

I agree with Jennifer! 27 miles and all the good you got from that is a big win TJ. I hope you're planning on joining us for the podcast. I think folks would really benefit from hearing how just challenging yourself to do it had some positive impact. I know you would agree.

Btw: I didn't get 30 in 30 either....I posted that it took me just a bit longer. But I'm glad I did it at all. ;)
  • kilosierra83
    Oh my word I went shooting and completely lost track of the time. .. sorry!
  • Sorry you missed it Kevin. Would have been great to have you join us.
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Oh my word I went shooting and completely lost track of the time. .. sorry!

I missed most of it but thankfully Jen was running this show. Thank you Jen! And thank you Kevin & all the other Jaunters!!
  • Carol, it was great that you were able to join and and make sure the show was on track. Hehehe....

I want to thank Kim, John, Chris and Carol for a great show. Thank you again to everybody who participated in the January Jaunt. You guys ALL ROCK!!!! :wink: