TurboFire 2015 Check In

Options

Replies

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Fire 55 this morning.

My Bodymedia always showed I burned around 535 for this workout, Fitbit shows 350?? That's depressing. I know that they say Fitbit isn't as accurate for aerobics and it's just a number, but I will admit it kind of upset me this morning. I worked that hard for 55 minutes to burn 350 calories? Blach.

Then again, when I am just walking, it shows I burn 200 calories in 30 minutes. So I could just walk for 55 minutes and burn more calories? The thing is a bit tweaky!

Not sure what is on the schedule for tomorrow ~ see you in class though :)
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable I overslept. The dogs didn't even bark to let me know it was time for them to go out also. Guess they were tired too. :o

It wouldn't be bad if I didn't have a track meet tonight, so I can't even make it up.

• coachreyes
    Options
    BeLight, I'm sure the Bodymedia was correct. Guaranteed you burned 10 calories a minute, especially with TF. I don't use my bodymedia anymore and I have been contemplating the fitbit.

I know I have had a good workout when my shirt is drenched.

• BeLightYear
    Options
    coachreyes wrote: »
    Unbelievable I overslept. The dogs didn't even bark to let me know it was time for them to go out also. Guess they were tired too. :o

It wouldn't be bad if I didn't have a track meet tonight, so I can't even make it up.

I would seriously be thinking the apocalypse had started if my fuzzies didn't have me up before 5 am!
    coachreyes wrote: »
    BeLight, I'm sure the Bodymedia was correct. Guaranteed you burned 10 calories a minute, especially with TF. I don't use my bodymedia anymore and I have been contemplating the fitbit.

I know I have had a good workout when my shirt is drenched.

Exactly! My Bodymedia always showed 9 - 12 calories per minute during TF. I just cannot believe that I was only burning like 6 calories a minute. I laugh at the people that are huffing and puffing :p

Thank you for your support ~ time to move on from the Bodymedia, sadly I must say.

I know it's just a number, but you notice I'm not reporting what I burned each day now, just what I did? I would be too embarrassed to put 350 for 55 minutes of working out!

Maybe it is the Charge HR's problem? It also tells me I have gone up lots of flights of stairs sometimes. I only have 2 steps out to my garage at home and none at work. I even got an award on Fitbit for doing 28 flights of stairs on day.

They sell the Surge, but it is bigger than my hand and although I am not the girliest girl around, that would make me feel a bit too manly lol
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Fire 60 this morning <3:smiley:
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Feels good to be back on track. Guess I needed the sleep.

I am on to week 17. I am staying on schedule and do the HIIT workouts and will jump on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes at least.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Fire 45EZ this morning, I rather enjoyed it!

Just to mention Fitbit results this morning:

45 minutes Fire 45EZ = 310 calories burned = 6.88 calories per minute

37 minutes walking = 223 calories burned = 6 calories per minute

I know, I know, let it go, but it is really driving the OCD ADD part of me crazy!! lol

Have a great weekend, we are suppose to hit 70 with actually sunshine, bring on the sunburn :D

Fire 60 is on for tomorrow or maybe I should just walk :s , either way, I will need beer calories if we are going to be outside smoking ribs!
  • awilliamslee784
    awilliamslee784 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So I skipped the Turbo Fire workout yesterday. I figure moving boxes for 4 hours counts. The movers never showed up so I took out my frustration by loading my SUV and driving as much stuff over.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    So I skipped the Turbo Fire workout yesterday. I figure moving boxes for 4 hours counts. The movers never showed up so I took out my frustration by loading my SUV and driving as much stuff over.
    That totally counts!

• BeLightYear
    Options
    Fire 60 on a sunny Saturday, could life get any better?
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Fire 30 complete, now to do the responsible stuff then outside in the sunshine to play in my gardens. See you in class tomorrow 45EZ is on the schedule for me :)
  • awilliamslee784
    Options
    Totally confused noting all of this moving and unpacking as my workout! Hopefully I will be able to get my Fire workouts in this week. I could really use the stress relief"from punching and kicking!
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Got in HIIT 30 this morning. I like this one best of all.

Looks like you have busy Lexi and Amy. We have had a busy weekend as well. I finally got some yard work in and we did some spring cleaning. My daughter comes home from college today, so I'm excited to see her.

We have spring football practice starting and track is in its final two weeks, so I'll be quite busy in the afternoons. I'm looking forward to June!
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Lexi, moving is a major workout, mentally and physically!

Sounds like a great weekend Coach.

Fire 45 EZ to start my week. I was very much not into it! Only 6 hours of sleep, so I was dragging, no matter how many times she told me I wasn't tired lol

Fire 55 on for tomorrow.

Have you ever read the 45 seconds worth of warning? They say that you should not do Turbo Fire more than 3-4 days a week and never more than one workout in a row. Hmmmmm, is the schedule trying to kill us all??? >:)
  • awilliamslee784
    Options
    Pause...there is a warning? Clearly we like living on the edge lol >:). Most of the house is unpacked and I was able to get in a much needed Fire 55EZ workout. It felt good to get that sweat on and burn off the Teacher Appreciation breakfast from IHOP out principal surprised us with today.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    I usually skip the warning too, but, I will admit that yesterday I was having a heck of time getting my sneaker tied, so I ended up seeing it. I knew it was going to be a long day when I could barely tie my own shoes! :(

Fire 55 this morning.

First day with a new workout top, it was awesome. I had bought it optimistically years ago and it would never fit. Fits perfectly now! Wonder if I will burn less calories since I won't be compensating for my straps constantly falling down my arms? lol

Nice work burning off the IHOP Lexi and for getting the moving done and a workout, you rule!

Wish I hadn't read that before breakfast though, I want sugar instead of the healthy stuff I packed .

Okay, off to work.......

Fire 60 tomorrow? I'll be in the front row!
  • awilliamslee784
    Options
    Congrats on getting into that workout top! I am going to get my run into today and even made sure to pack my running clothes. My husband said that there is a nice running trail along the river so I will give it a try.
  • awilliamslee784
    Options
    So...a storm, the Cinco de Mayo dinner my husband made and me just being exhausted kept me from running yesterday. I did make up for it today by running/walking 3.35 miles tonight. I am going to knock out Stretch 40 in hopes that will help with my tight muscles.
  • coachreyes
    Options
    It hasn't been easy but I got my workouts in this week. Sorry I haven't been checking in. I'm hoping for some down time this weekend.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Fire 45EZ on this lovely Friday. Promises of 90 today, how I wish I could stay home and enjoy it. I live for the heat and sunshine B) TGIF B)