mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Baby Steps for this week
    Re-commit to myself to put my health first and foremost
    1. 1 hour of exercise per day for six days of the week. 5 out of 6 days
    2. Try to lower my sodium to 1700 each day. 1 out of 6 days
    3. Make better food choices.
    Didn't happen

As Barb says: Persistence not perfection :)

This week
    1. Keep up with my hour of exercise. Belly dancing, dumbbells, Wii, and walking. I am going to start my walk to Mordor this week. It is 1560 miles. Each day I will walk and then map my distance. I am very excited! I think it will take me well over a year to complete it.
    2. Lower my sodium at least 3 out of 6 days.
    3. Make better food choices. I will not buy any more white cheddar rice cakes.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hit 6/7 for my calorie goals and actually had a fairly balanced week.
    Cooked 1 meal at home!
    Worked hard and played none!

This week's goals:
    1. Hit my proteins every day
    2. Not go over my sugar goals
    3. Eat at least two lunches at work instead of replacement meals
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My baby steps this week:

1. No bingeing!

2. Stay within my calorie goals.

3. Drink water! I got a mini water bottle for work. It's 18oz. My goal is to fill that baby up twice while at work.
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1. Only got in 2 days of Zumba last week. This week I would like to do 5 days.
    2. Continue to listen to my body for hunger and fullness signals. Work on no night bingeing. So...
    3. Stop eating at 10:00pm.
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    Tomorrow is hump day. How are we all doing on our baby steps?

I'm guzzling the water and today is my third binge free day.

We got this!
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    It's already hump day here QT
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Hey QT! I am getting my hour a day a day of exercise in :)
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    JuliaMLN wrote: »
    April 2015 Baby Steps
    Cardio 2 days/week (Hiking/gardening/biking/exercise videos, …)
    Calisthenics/Weights 3 days/week (dumbbells and squats, crunches, pushups, …)
    Veggies 3+/Fruits 1+ servings/day
    Liquids 64 oz/day
    Sew something
    So far this week, I'm doing well with the cardio, veggies and liquids. Yesterday, I finally added the fruit. Still looking forward to making something with the sewing machine sometime this month. Yippee hump day!
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    QT- Fantastic job! Keep on going! You can do it!

Liz- Great job with the exercise! You motivate me!

Julia- You are doing great too! What are you going to sew?

I'm doing ok on my baby steps. Going to exercise today; so that is 2 days this week. It is really hard for me to motivate myself to exercise. Just not my favorite thing to do.
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    Yes!

We're on our way
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    jhaugen445 wrote: »
    Julia- What are you going to sew?
    Probably something easy at this point. Maybe comfy pants to wear around the house. (The kind with elastic; simple but useful.) I did make an easy window treatment last month for the glass part of the door for my son's recording studio. That reminded me how easy (and enjoyable) it can be.
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    Cool Julia! One of my crafting goals is to learn how to sew. YouTube makes it look sew easy
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    I admire people who are gifted to sew. I myself am sewing impaired!
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    ;) It cut off my post.
    Anyway, the pants sound fun, comfy, and practical. Just be prepared to take them in as you progress on your journey!!!
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My new baby steps
    ~Try taking things ONE day at a time!
    ~Work out 4 times a week.
    ~No self demeaning.

So far...taking things one day at a time s going better
    working out 4x a week is going well
    self demeaning...still working at! THIS one is HARD for me!

Julia~ Do you sew often? I used to quilt years ago...wish I had kept it up sometimes.

MdwstQT~ Yes indeed...we ARE on our way!!!

Jen~ I used to have a hard time motivating myself for the exercise too...but the more I did it...the better I felt and now I really love it!!!

Liz~ When I lose some of my belly it might be ready to try dancing LOL! How are you liking that?

Aaliceinw~ You are making amazing strides in your recovery! I am in AWWWW of you...never giving up! NO EXCUSES KUDOS to you my friend!!!!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    I like it. There is a lot of fine motor skill involved and I think if I keep working at it, I might gain some grace. :)
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    This week
    1. Keep up with my hour of exercise. Belly dancing, dumbbells, Wii, and walking. I am going to start my walk to Mordor this week. It is 1560 miles. Each day I will walk and then map my distance. I am very excited! I think it will take me well over a year to complete it. 6 Days 24.6/1560 miles
    [/b]2. Lower my sodium at least 3 out of 6 days. 3 days
    3. Make better food choices. I will not buy any more white cheddar rice cakes.did not buy any rice cakes

Considering all the craziness I had a stellar week. I met all my goals and lost two pounds. It is 2 pounds I had gained back but I lost them. My hour a day of exercise has been walking this week. Walking I could think, plan, and make lists. I bought a microwave popcorn popper so I could have pop corn in place of my rice cakes. If anyone has some flavoring ideas for the popcorn, let me know. And 26 days without a cigarette.

This week's goals
    1. Lower my sodium for four days.
    2. Walk for an hour and add 15 minutes of other exercise.
    3. Eat four veg/fruit a day.
  • MdwstQT
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MdwstQT wrote: »
    My baby steps this week:

1. No bingeing!

2. Stay within my calorie goals.

3. Drink water! I got a mini water bottle for work. It's 18oz. My goal is to fill that baby up twice while at work.

1. Well two outta three ain't bad. I'm still binge free, eight days. Woohoo!

2. Ugh..... Some days were better than others. I gotta crack the whip this week.

3. I've been chugging water like it's going out of style. My mini bottle is 18oz.

This week:

Remain binge free

Before I leave work drink 54oz of water. Which is just three refills of my water jug. I figure one in the morning, lunch time, and late afternoon.

Three thirty minute workouts.

• aaliceinw
    Options
    aaliceinw wrote: »
    Hit 6/7 for my calorie goals and actually had a fairly balanced week.
    Cooked 1 meal at home!
    Worked hard and played none!

This week's goals:
    1. Hit my proteins every day - 5/7 :)
    2. Not go over my sugar goals - 6-7 :):)
    3. Eat at least two lunches at work instead of replacement meals :D:D:D:D
    [/quote]

So pleased about the lunch one and also the fact that my replacement tub is lasting longer and longer because I am eating real food more often. I've broken most of my meals down to small snacks (generally healthy snacks). This might work much better for me because it is easier to manage lots of small bites throughout the day since I get full very quickly.

My goals for this week is actually just 1 goal:-

Eat to my NET calorie goal of 1200 at least 5 of 7. I have to get past the psychological challenge of seeing the red line and rather look at my net calories.

Cindy you must be quite chuffed with yourself. The self demeaning goal may require the assistance of a life coach because our ego voices are quite powerful little bullies, and know exactly how to keep us small. You might like to get hold of the book "Nice Girls Don't Get The Corner Office". Although it is meant to assist women in the corporate world, it is an amazing book of very simple tips to change self-defeating behaviours litterally in an instant. It's kind of 'once you see it, you can't un see it!' and in an instant the negative behaviour is gone!

Amazing @MdwstQT. You are doing so well on your goals.

Liz! Awesome achievements. I love your walk to Mordor and would love to take up dancing again. Good luck with the sodium. (I'm sitting here wondering why I am so bloated this morning and realise it is the sodium from the chicken stock cubes I added to my soup last night.)

Jen you have a fantastic attitude and just got right into it. Well done.

Barbs, Noodle, Karen, Nekrebel and Julia missing you guys tons. Hope you are all doing very well. (I haven't checked daily chats yet, you might be that side ;) )
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    JuliaMLN wrote: »
    April 2015 Baby Steps
    Cardio 2 days/week (Hiking/gardening/biking/exercise videos, …)
    Calisthenics/Weights 3 days/week (dumbbells and squats, crunches, pushups, …)
    Veggies 3+/Fruits 1+ servings/day
    Liquids 64 oz/day
    Sew something

This past week I have allowed busyness to get in the way. I haven't been real bad; haven't been real good. Just not purposeful enough; not focused enough; just not enough.
    -- <3 Refocusing! <3 --