Baby Steps

Options
aaliceinw
aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
Thanks for creating this group. I joined MFP just under a month ago and have already doubled my walking distance, which went from 2 km's, completely out of breath and feeling awful to almost 5km plus 4 kms on the indoor bike, out of breath but feeling fabulous.

My baby steps for this week
  1. Walk 15 kms this week - last weeks was to walk 10kms
  2. Complete 3 swims - last weeks was the same but I only did one
  3. Complete a total of 7 hours of activities - my initial goal was 30 minutes of exercise per day just to get me off the coach

My monthly goal is to lose 4 kgs this month - I only lost 400 grms since I started but I am going to see a dietician tomorrow to help learn how to plan my meals (due to depression I hav forgotten out to eat properly).

My big goal is to lose 50lbs by end June 2015. I want to dive again.

Replies

• FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Great accomplishments so far!!! Every baby step gets us that much closer to our goals!
    My baby steps this week will be...
    1. drink 1/2 my weight in oz. of water EVERY DAY
    2. walk at least 10,000 steps every day
    3. Add at least 2 additional workouts besides walking this week
    My longer term goals are to lose 50 lbs by June when my daughter graduates high school and I want to lose 140lbs as my ultimate goal!
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hopping in here. My baby steps this week:

1. Drink at least 4 cups of water daily
    2. Eat breakfast everyday
    3. Follow meal plan that I mapped out for the week. Understanding life will get in the way. If I stray from meal plan it MUST be a healthy meal!
    4. Exercise 2x @‌ 20 min each

*****Goal is to lose 94lbs this year by losing 1.5lbs weekly
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Very pleased with my swimming today. I broke all of my personal records and got past my "stories" about what I can and cannot achieve. I have never done more than 2 lengths of freestyle or back crawl because I usually get so out of breath. Today I did 8 of each :D

I'm not getting the food thing at all! I am way under my calorie counts for the day even though I ate very well. The dietician will help me understand it better.

How are you doing with your challenges?
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    sindnjim wrote: »
    Great accomplishments so far!!! Every baby step gets us that much closer to our goals!

Thank you.

Your challenges are awesome! Way to go!
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    MdwstQT wrote: »

3. Follow meal plan that I mapped out for the week. Understanding life will get in the way. If I stray from meal plan it MUST be a healthy meal!

Good luck with your challenges. I'm not ready to try eating breakfast everyday yet. Hopefully once I have seen a dietician tomorrow?!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    aaliceinw wrote: »
    Very pleased with my swimming today. I broke all of my personal records and got past my "stories" about what I can and cannot achieve. I have never done more than 2 lengths of freestyle or back crawl because I usually get so out of breath. Today I did 8 of each :D

I'm not getting the food thing at all! I am way under my calorie counts for the day even though I ate very well. The dietician will help me understand it better.

How are you doing with your challenges?

AWESOME!!! Weigh to go!!!! :)

• MdwstQT
    Options
    aaliceinw wrote: »
    MdwstQT wrote: »

Good luck with your challenges. I'm not ready to try eating breakfast everyday yet. Hopefully once I have seen a dietician tomorrow?!

I'm sure the dietician will go over things in great detail. Breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day. I just changed my idea of what breakfast is. It's any food that I want it to be. Within reason of portion control and calories of course. One of my favorite breakfasts is a pb&j! I can make it and go! I have to remind myself that I have time for breakfast.

Congrats on beating your swimming goals!

• Spinnyjenn
    Options
    My baby step this week is to get up early so I have time to eat breakfast before work. I think this will help me from wanting to snack out of the vending machine.
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    I hope you ladies had/are having an awesome day!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hi All~
    Well I am trying a squat challenge and today was my 1st day! I did 20 counterbalance squats! And wow my thighs and butt were screaming at me for it LOL! Tomorrow I need to do 30 of them! Let's hope my muscles have forgiven me a little by then!

Spinnyjenn~ How did you do with getting up early?

MdwstQY~ I had a great day thanks! I hope you had a FAB_U_LOSS day as well!

aaliceinw~ How's the swimming going?

Any other friends lurking....please join in...we'd love to hear from you!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!
  • Spinnyjenn
    Options
    So far not good at the getting up early but I am hanging in there and will keep trying. How is everyone else doing with their goals.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Spinnyjenn~ What if you tried something like egg muffins for breakfast? That way you could grab it on the go? And/or try getting up only 10 min early for a couple days , then try getting up 10 min earlier than that...and end when you are at a good time that gives you enough time to eat and do all you want to in the morning! I like to have a few minutes of me/quiet time. It's only 10 min or so but if I don't have that...my day really gets thrown off.
    In case you are not familiar with egg muffins...use a muffin tin, fill each section 1/2 way with scrambled egg mixture, then add whatever you would add to an omelet,ie peppers and onions, turkey sausage, bacon bits, ham cubes, I like spinach in them...but whatever you like...bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the eggs are cooked....let them cool and put them into individual baggies in the fridge. You can eat them cold or heat them in the microwave in 30-45 seconds...because they are shaped like a muffin, you can actually eat them with your hands on the run if you want to. This is how I got my kids to eat breakfast before school in the mornings...none of my kids are morning people.
    Just a couple suggestions....hope some might help!

• MdwstQT
    Options
    Sindnjim, you're going to have buns of steel B) Keep at it!

Spinnyjenn, I'm not a morning person either. Sindnjim definitely has it right and I have to try that recipe. The trick is to get something quick. I love pb&j in the morning; I toast my bread, slap on the pb&j and I'm out the door. You should find quick and nutritious foods that you like. It doesn't have to be "breakfast foods" either.

I survived another day, it was rough but I stuck with it. I'm glad I did but I almost threw in the towel!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    MdwstQT~ KUDOS for you NOT throwing in the towel! I'm glad you stuck it out...you should be proud!!! o:)
  • Spinnyjenn
    Options
    Thanks guys all great suggestions and I will definitely be trying them out. So happy to be part of this group.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    sindnjim wrote: »
    Hi All~
    Well I am trying a squat challenge and today was my 1st day! I did 20 counterbalance squats! And wow my thighs and butt were screaming at me for it LOL! Tomorrow I need to do 30 of them! Let's hope my muscles have forgiven me a little by then!

Spinnyjenn~ How did you do with getting up early?

MdwstQY~ I had a great day thanks! I hope you had a FAB_U_LOSS day as well!

aaliceinw~ How's the swimming going?

Any other friends lurking....please join in...we'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for the FAB_U_LOSS day sindnjim :D It Was indeed! :wink:

I didn't get my swims in but I did get my best walk yet and also did I work out at "Curves", which I joined this week. My butt, thighs and glutes are now begging for mercy! Hee hee!

I didn't realise that yesterday was also my 7 days of activities and am so, very, very proud of myself for achieving that.

How did your squats go today?! That is so awesome and I agree with MdwstQY, you are gonna have great buns!!!

Spinnyjenn are you catching any early worms ??

Tomorrow off for my Fitness Assessment, which will also help identify what I need to work on first and foremost. Then swim and Curves or Curves and swim I think. Have a yummy and fun day folks.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Not only did I do my squats...I did 15 push ups (which are my most HATED exercise) AND I had over 6000 steps in BEFORE 7 AM!!! My energy level is slowly getting up there!!!

aaliceinw~So glad you are doing so well. Congrats on curves! Let us know how you like it.
    I am very proud of you too! SEVEN days in a row of activity WOO HOO!!! AWESOME!!! You are my inspiration for today THANK YOU!!!!

Spinnyjenn~ Have you had any breakfast yet? OR tried getting up a little earlier? I hope you catch those worms soon...lol.

I hope you all have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!

• aaliceinw
    Options
    Fantastic Sindnjim. I am so, so very inspired also by all of your activity. And 6000 steps before 7AM! You also exercise in your sleep - sleep walking haha! B)B) You Rock!

I'm loving this group and the energy here :D
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Haha...I WISH I could exercise in my sleep. I actually work nights. I work until 6:30 AM LOL but I usually only average 3000-3500 steps by 7AM.
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    You ladies are killing it! We are on our way to healthy!