Baby Steps

Replies

• MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    My baby steps this week:

1. Continue drinking 4 cups of water daily.

2. Continue eating 3 meals/2 snacks daily. The weekends are hard because I tend to snooze/lounge through breakfast.

3. Continue preparing dinner at home at least twice. Remembering that when I do eat out it must be nutritious.

4. Finish reading Women Food and God. Write out affirmations. I've started and stopped this book so many times.

This week went very well. I stuck with my meal plan. This week I didn't write out everything but I know what nights I'm cooking. As well as stocking up with nutritious and delusions foods.

I didn't work out at all. I'm thinking I'll get going on that next week.

My affirmation is, I'm not using food as a substitute for feelings.
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    You guys are AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for making my day! I had a crazy stress filled day at work...got some bad news and came on here and you brightened me right up! I am so grateful to be here!!!
    I did manage a work out today although it was only 30 min I still squeezed it in!
    I don't have a lot of time tonight so I'm wishing you all sweet dreams and I'll be back tomorrow!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!! <3
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    MdwstQT thanks for suggestion about snacks. I do try healthy snacks between meals. The problem is once I start snacking I don't want to stop. I try to eat slow and drink a lot of water. I bring my day's food to work with me and sometimes I end up eating through most of the food I brought with me after my mid-morning snack, because I just seem to be hungrier after my snack than before. I don't know why the cravings are so strong.

Any suggestions about managing between-meals hunger?
  • barlovo
    I should add that the previous two weight loss programs I followed (ornish and weight watchers) both didn't count fruits or veg. So I'm having a hard time adjusting to mfp because before I would just eat lots of apples or baby carrots whenever I got hungry. Now that I'm tracking everything on mfp I realize how many calories I was eating with those foods.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Quick check in!

It's awesome to read everyones baby step challenges because they provide ideas for future challenges and they are so motivating.

Thanks MdwstCT. You are awesome! Well done on achieving your goals.

I know how you feel Cindy about the exercise, so well done for getting your 30 minutes in. I am too tired to do mine for the first time in about three weeks. I also have tummy cramps, so today is not a top form day for me.

Barlovo I think you and I have a similar journey. Your nutritionist will help you a lot, I agree.
  • MdwstQT
    Barlovo, talk with your nutritionist and see what she/he recommends. Sounds like you need some satiating foods so that you can feel full. Also, explore the idea of rating your hunger to make sure it's true hunger and not hunger out of habit.

Cindy, 30 minutes is great! Hope you have a great rest of the day.

Here's to a great week for all of us! We are doing this!
  • FindingCindy721
    edited January 2015
    WOW I found an amazing new flavor of Oikos Greek yogurt...Choc covered strawberry!!! OMG it is AWESOME!!! I feel like I'm getting a treat but it's PROTEIN! YUM!!!

Barlovo~ agree with aalice and MdwstQT, talking to your nutritionist is your BEST bet. I would think fiber and protein will be good additions for food...fiber is very filling and protein helps feel satisfied longer. I was looking at your previous post and you mentioned you frequently have yogurt for breakfast...have you ever tried Greek yogurt? It has much more protein...little changes like that may help. I LOVE Oikos and I don't even like yogurt!

aaliceinw~ I agree sharing baby steps is a great idea. I too am seeing other peoples ideas and plan to use them in the future! Thanks for sharing.

MdwstQT~ I love the new energy that even 30 minutes gives me! We ARE doing this! Together we ROCK! Thank you so much for all your encouragement!!!

I hope you're all having a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!

• MdwstQT
    We're on our way ladies! :p
  • barlovo
    Thanks everyone for all the encouragement! Such great tips!
  • aaliceinw
    Ladies, I hope you don't mind if I create a baby steps group? I think we will get so many great tips from all of our other friends too.
  • FindingCindy721
    Create away my friend!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    1st of all thank you for sending me a request to join this group Cindy ........2nd of all My name is Megan and I am not new to MFP just new with this account...I lost 78lbs with this site in the past of course I gained it all back and then some ..My babystep is to get up and move more ...
  • MdwstQT
    You go Megan! Glad you decided to join us.

• ms_smartypants
    Thank you very much MdwstQT :D
  • FindingCindy721
    Megan~Welcome...so glad to have you. Feel free to invite others to check us out if you'd like. The more we have the better support we become!
  • ms_smartypants
    Thanks Cindy glad to be here ... :D
  • barlovo
    Just an update: I'm about two weeks in to using MFP. Today I changed my activity level from sedentary to light activity on the recommendation of my trainer. The extra calories are helping me manage my hunger better. I hope I will continue to lose weight; if not I'll change it back. Thx everyone for your support !
  • FindingCindy721
    I didn't realize people can't look up our group so if you have anyone that would like to join...send me their user name and I can send them an invite! :)

Barlovo~Awesome...I didn't realize that changing that changed our caloric intake! If I start to plateau I will have to look into that! Thanks for sharing! I hope it works out well for you!
  • aaliceinw
    That is really an amazing achievement Barlovo. Well done! I have done the same because I am working out at least five hours a week and I am much more active than before.

Do you know why they can't look up our group Cindy??
  • FindingCindy721
    aaliceinw~There is no feature to look up a group. They can scroll through pages and pages to try to find us but as far as I can see the groups with the most members show up first. I suggested to the site that they put a search for groups and they said it's coming soon.