Baby Steps

Replies

• Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Karen: I was shocked about fruit too! I slice up an apple & put it on the scale & it still comes in as large! It sure doesn't look large! Plus things like asparagus & green beans which you can't put in a measuring cup unless you chop it up are much easier to prob out with the food scale. I think of plain veggies as a "freebies", as in I don't really limit how much I eat of them at my meals, but I still want an accurate count of the calories.
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Nice scale Cindy. I like that it has a bowl attached. When I weigh mine I have to add a bowl or plate. Good find
  • Femmigirlz
    Noodle; what about oranges. Do you weigh it after you peel it? LOL, that's what I do but I may be doing it wrong not sure?
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Thanks...can't wait for it to get here! It should be a real learning experience for sure!!!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    othkpnk8kicx.jpg
    Outcomes of baby steps for last week :)
    1. Eat nutritionally balanced. 6/7 - I went over my proteins once
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    edited February 2015
    Way to go Alice!!! What is your baby step for this week?
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Yea aaliceinw!!!!! You are AWESOME!!!! Thanks for sharing your BEAUTIFUL face too!!!
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Hi everyone:
    my baby step for the week is that I am going to continue to track my food. This past week, I tracked everything, every day for the first time since joining MFP. That's going to be my focus until it become a habit.

My biggest challenge is restaurants and meals at work where food is provided. I try to estimate but it's confusing. But I think it's better to estimate than not. So if you see some "quick entry" in my food diary, that's what's going on.

Have a great week everyone!
  • Femmigirlz
    Alice, great shot. You look fabulous.
  • mysticlizard
    Today was weigh in day for me. I lost three pounds :) My baby steps for this week are
    1. To make sure I weigh all my food on the scale.
    2. To add ten minutes of exercise to my walking & Wii days.

Alice - Great picture, at that rate your knickers will be falling down :)

barlovo - I think you are totally right in making estimates and logging it. It will make your diary closer to accurate.

• Femmigirlz
    Congrats Liz on your weight loss Woot! You go girl.
  • aaliceinw
    Thanks a million ladies. I must say that I feel great. I can't believe that I have lost that much weight! So chuffed! (Guess who never checks her mirror?!)

Tosses scales, garmin and other measuring gadgets out of the window! I'm supposed to lose another 40lbs ... mmmm..... I reckon I must have bones of steel because I really cannot see where I can lose 40lbs, 20 sure but 40 , no way!

Barlovo that is the perfect attitude to have. I still have the "Eat 3 meals a day goal" as one of my weekly goals in addition to all of the new ones. It's still not a habit and I can easily skip meals if I don't have it as a goal.

Thanks Cindy - I hate showing myself and hate selfies! So the next shot you may see of me is with my scuba gear on with my mask :D

You are tooooo funny Liz but actually that is why I also bought new lingerie ;) Are you from the UK? Only us Brits say knickers as far as I know. Well done for your weight loss too.

Thanks Karen. Hey Noodle and MdwsCT how are you both?

I see that most of my other post got chopped off!

So last weeks achievements:

1) 6/7 nutrition goals
    2) 4/4 10 000 daily steps
    3) 1/1 Delta Park Run +3.2km home and back. I actually achieved almost 10kms that day
    4) Lost two dress sizes
    5) Gained 2kg's according to my lying scale!

This weeks goals:

1) 3 balanced meals ( really struggling here)
    2) 5 10 000 steps - ugh!
    3) 4 gym workouts
    4) Ignore scale for one full week
  • Noodle797
    So many great baby steps this week! Mine are to pack my food for work the night before so I don't forget anything & have to buy something from the cafe here at work where it's all overpriced & full of fat & calories. Also, to log all of my food & exercise. Even if I have a single Hershey's kiss. I know the calories aren't going to make a huge difference in the long run, but I still want to be able to account for everything.
  • Noodle797
    Karen, I weigh my oranges after I peel, I weigh my meat & my grains after they're cooked. I basically weigh as I pop the food into containers for lunches or onto plates for dinner.
  • Femmigirlz
    edited February 2015
    Noodle; good to know I'm not alone in weighing things after they are cooked and peeled. Thanks. I weighed a cup of cooked brown rice today and I got much more in the 4 ounces then the measuring cup. That was nice.
  • mysticlizard
    Alice - I'm an American. My dad was really old fashioned and didn't like to refer to our girl underwear as panties or drawers so he called them knickers. :)
  • aaliceinw
    edited February 2015
    Ooh la la la laaaaa!
    The first really bad baby steps week since I started.

Last weeks goals:

1) 3 balanced meals - breakfast is always balanced - after that my issue is still maintaining 3 meals a day. Skipped 3 meals last week
    2) 5 10 000 steps - Bwah hahahaha! This week I think I managed 25000 steps for the whole week!
    3) 4 gym workouts - 3/4 (+1 community challenge workout)
    4) Ignore scale for one full week - I didn't ignore it but at least I didn't let it get me down at all!

Unexpected success:
    1. Lost 0.5kg
    2. Feel so much fitter and have a lot more energy

This weeks baby steps:
    1. 3 meals a day
    2. hit my calories
    3. Walk 10 000 steps x3
    4. Swim x1 + 3 workouts
    5. Park Run
  • mysticlizard
    I lost one pound this week. I am grateful considering the Fat Tuesday meal and Mark's birthday enchiladas. Now I can say I lost 50 pounds :D

I met my goal of weighing all my food.
    Part of the days I met my extra 10 min. on the Wii.

So this week
    I will still weigh everything on the scale (30 days makes a habit).
    I will do my extra ten minutes on the Wii MWF
    I will workout with the new yoga ball MWF (part of my challenge goal).
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Last week was not a good week. This is a new week. My baby steps for this week.
    No processed foods.
    Cardio 3 at least 3 days.
    Stay on task. Complete each days' "To Do" list.
    Lose at least 2 pounds.
  • aaliceinw
    Yaaaaay! Whoop! Whoop! Cheering you along with the pompoms mysticlizard! That is Fab_U_Loss indeed! You must be sooooooo proud girl!