Baby Steps

Options

Replies

• aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community Julia, Thank you for joining us here.

Last week was difficult for many of us. Good luck with this week's goals. I also need to stay on task this week regardless of work or emotions or anything else, otherwise I won't survive my winter.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Thank you Alice, I am really pleased. I really didn't think I would get this far. It has made me more motivated to keep going. I just keep telling myself one pound at a time. Keep focused and soon you will have to be worrying about losing your knickers again ;) . I'm cheering for you from the cold North. We will make our goals reality!
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Welcome Julia!

Yay to 4oz, Kathy!

Yes, what was it about last week that made it so yucky? This week I am determined to measure & log everything and to work harder during my workouts. Last week I barely had to breathe hard, so I know I wasn't working hard enough! This morning I really pushed myself in the pool, so I know I'm going to feel it tomorrow, but I alternate laps with the kickboard, so at least I know I'll be able to rest my sore arms tomorrow.

Here's hoping this week is back to "normal"
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Good for you Noodle! :D

Hi Julia!
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi Julia and welcome.

Liz. Wow 50 pounds. Amazing. :).
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi Julia! Welcome!

My baby step for this week is to plan my meals for the week. I have a really intense work week coming up, and I'm still not feeling well. I won't be home much but I am getting better at packing food to take with me to work. I know I'll be tired when I come home from work and so I don't just grab takeout I'm going to pre-cook some meals.

This afternoon I made a salad of shredded cabbage and carrots with miso-tahini dressing, and a vegetable frittata. If I have time this evening I want to make a pot of lentil soup, cook up a pot of brown rice, and prep some vegetables for easy steaming during the week.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Barlovo, the miso-tahini dressing sounds amazing, would you please post the recipe when you get a chance?
  • barlovo
    Options
    Sure: it's super easy

1 tablespoon miso paste
    1/4 cup tahini paste
    juice of one lemon

Put into a small bowl and whisk together. Add a few tablespoons of hot water, as needed, to soften the tahini and thin the dressing to the desired thickness.

I make the salad by shredding a small head of cabbage (red or green, either is good) and grating four carrots, then tossing them with the dressing. It's about 8 servings of 1 cup of salad, at about 80 calories per serving.
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    MMM Barlovo, that sounds amazing! Is there anything I can use in place of the Tahini? I've tried it and don't like it.
  • barlovo
    Options
    Karen you could probably use any nut butter - peanut butter or cashew butter maybe? Try it and let us know if it's good!
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Thank you barlovo. I am going to try it.
  • mysticlizard
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It was my weigh in day. I lost 1 pound yay!!! :) My baby steps for the week are:
    1) Eat breakfast and lunch concentrating on eating right, not just a rice cake and fruit on the fly.
    2) Start cutting down on the rice cakes in the evening.
    3) Be more mindful of my exercise, not just plow through it just to get it done.

Edited to add
    I met last weeks goals to weigh all my food and add 10 minutes on the Wii on MWF. I will keep up with these two as well.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Awesome baby steps Liz and well done on achieving last week's goals.
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    There is totally awesome on your weight-loss Way to go girl so proud of you. I really like your new goals to I think cutting down on any processed food and incorporating clean food real food is a really great goal. :)
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Thank you Ladies!
  • barlovo
    Options
    Hi all, this week I'm not too focused on fitness because of a difficult family situation, but here are my baby steps for the week:

1) NO SUGAR!
    2) track when I can.
    3) focus on getting good protein at my meals.

Thanks all -
  • mysticlizard
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Barlovo, I'll be sending happy thoughts, comfort thoughts, and Zen your way this week <3
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Weigh in day! I lost 4 pounds :D Last week I pulled an upper back muscle and haven't done anything but some walking and Wii. Karen a big shout out to you, I think the protein tip made all the difference. I will just stick to the walking and the Wii to make sure that muscle is healed. So my goals for this week are:

1) Again better breakfast and lunch (with protein)
    2) Reduce rice cakes in the evening (I wasn't to successful with that last week).
    3) Do the exercise that I can do six days.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Well done on your baby steps and weight loss Liz.
    Sending huge hugs to you Barlovo. Hang in there!

I did almost 70 000 steps last week
    4 work outs
    Park Run 5 kms
    Managed only 5 days out of the 3 meals a day.

My goals this week
    4 workouts
    3 meals a day every day +
    0 days under 1200 calories!
    Increase my proteins again!
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC Liz!!!!

Great job aaliceinw....I need to baby step it too! Will be thinking on it today!