Baby Steps

Replies

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    I changed my diary to friends and sent friend request to those of you I have not friended yet :)
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Go to Goals and look for you Nutrition Goals Cindy. You can change them and your macro nutrients there.
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Thanks I found them! :) I upped my protein and decreased my carbs by 10% each...hope that helps! Trying to stay sustained a little longer...
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Hi everyone
    We are such an inspiring group! I'm reading all these baby steps this morning and I'm going to go take a walk!
  • mysticlizard
    Awesome barlovo!

My scale came yesterday afternoon. Mark came in before supper. We made stir fry and I weighed everything out. He was really good about it, he even donated one of his on the road containers to leave on the scale as the tare bowl. It will take some practice, but I feel more confident in my logging :)
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Sounds like everyone is doing great. I've been a very bad girl the past few days so I'm getting back on track today. I even changed my background screen on my computer with a weight loss quote so every time I log on I have to read it LOL.

owxh77bg9dq1.jpg
  • Femmigirlz
    Oops, he cussed not me!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    edited February 2015
    Let me know how it goes Cindy. That's how I finally started losing a little bit of weight initially after stagnating for 5 weeks and I also upped my total calorie intake from starvation to merely hungry

Barlovo well done! Exercise was my very first baby step. 6 weeks later, from couch potato, I actually ran 4.4km today for the first time in my life! I have actually not ran since I was a kid in school!

I hope you enjoy learning about nutritional values Mysticlizard. I'm finding out a lot of fascinating things about food since being on MFP and I haven't even got around to weighing yet. Good luck with it.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    I like weighing my food versus using cups & spoons. I feel like I get a more accurate caloric count of what I'm consuming and I have less dishes to wash, which is a real plus.
  • FindingCindy721
    Barlovo~ Love knowing that we are helping motivate you! That was the point of this group!

Liz~ What scale did you go with? I haven't gotten to the point where I am weighing things yet...but I will eventually. I always lie to do research before choosing something new. Dd you do an research to choose a brand?

Karen~ Great idea...we actually had the same thought...I started a motivation thread here last night...periodically I will post new ones!

Aaliceinw~I haven't stalled but I already know my body enough to know higher protein, lower carbs works better for me! I'm hoping to avoid a stall!

Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friend!!
  • mysticlizard
    Cindy,
    I often do research before buying a product. This time I saw one on eBay for 9.95 and free shipping. For ten dollars I figured I would learn to use it then decide what features I might want when I need to replace it. The one thing I did know is I wanted one with a solid surface so it would withstand spills, we are messy in the kitchen. I just know that for me, I needed to get measuring my food because that is one area I could tighten up and not have to wonder if that is making a difference in my weight loss. I had been trying to over estimate calories so I was safe. This is the one I bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121308558552?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=420263633325&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I am pleased with it. It does several different measurements but I am leaving it on grams.
    I feel much more confident in the amount of food I am eating and logging. I also know if I can have that extra rice cake or not without worrying. Mark has been home and eating the same portions as I am and asking what the calorie count is. If he's not careful, I will get him a scale for the truck for Christmas lol.
  • FindingCindy721
    Liz~ LOL...he may just like that gift! My hubby rolled his eyes at me when I mentioned getting the scale. But I'm getting one any way!
  • Femmigirlz
    Cindy; I don't know what I'd do without my scale. It has really helped me with portion control. It also has helped me with knowing if I was eating too little of an item . Fruit was a shocking discovery. What is a medium size to some when weighed it weighs in as a large apple.

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    I love my food scale I have the mainstay brand that I bought at target for $10.00 ...I love the tare feature :)
  • Femmigirlz
    what is the tare feature for? I have it too but have no idea what to do with it lol
  • mysticlizard
    The Tare zeros out the scale. You can also put a bowl or plate on it, hit tare and it will go to zero, add food, weight it, hit the tare button, it will zero the plate and food, then you can add another food and get its weight, and repeat as many times as you want. I have put a pot on the scale and mixed my spaghetti sauce weighing each addition. It really saves on doing dishes. :)
  • Femmigirlz
    OH yes, sorry brain fog. We use that feature. I put the bowl on then turn it on and it zero's out. Its a great feature. Thank you :)
  • FindingCindy721
    I ordered my scale tonight...it weighs up to 5lbs and has auto tare...as well as the button features. When I am on the computer and not my phone I will share a link...it was only $12...free shipping...had GREAT customer reviews!
  • mysticlizard
    Awesome Cindy!