Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Thought of you Jen....(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))
    si6h5p1k5hnk.jpg
  • jhaugen445
    jhaugen445 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you again, Cindy!
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Cindy, I have to say even though it's been raining for 3 days, at least it's not snow, though I am a little worried my basement is going to flood :/

Jen, binging is the worst. I feel like an absolute crazy person when I feel like binging. My dad was an alcoholic & I've been to many AA meetings over my lifetime and all of the things that they talk about in AA can be applied to me & food. What stinks about drinking & drug addiction is that you don't need those things in order to live like you do with food. I'm not saying it's easier to quit drinking than over eating, but I feel like you can avoid alcohol, you can't avoid food no matter how much you try. So for me it's been trying to remove as much temptation & triggers as I can. I know when I want to binge, it's always when I'm alone, it's usually when I'm at a high stress point in my life & it's always on crazy stuff like whole bags of Doritos or as much fast food as I can carry including pretending to be ordering for several people so the guy at the drive thru doesn't think I'm insane. Any time I'm going to be alone I set myself up so that I can't binge. I haven't kept junk food in my house in months, I drive completely different ways to/from work so that I don't have to drive by fast food places, I've given my credit & debit cards to my boyfriend so that I can't go buy junk to eat. I know it's harder living with other people, I only live with my boyfriend who is losing weight with me, but my mom did it when I was younger & we kids hated that she wouldn't keep crappy food in the house, but we were better off in reality!! It probably delayed me hitting 300 lbs by several years. It's a mental thing with me, not whether I'm weak willed or not, I really want to karate chop people who say that, but I literally have to stop & ask myself out loud if I'm actually hungry or if I'm just bored or sad or stressed or whatever. I do other things to take my mind off of eating. I treat myself like an addict because I am one.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies sorry I have not been in as often this week. I'm neglecting you a lot as I adjust to the BL challenges and that community.

Jen I agree with Cindy. It is a huge step to have identified the trigger and yes come and scroll through the forums on MFP. They have tons of very useful information, a lot of very friendly (and not so friendly people - but keep away from those), and discussions that help you to feel like a normal human being. Please always remember one thing...

Guilt serves only one purpose, and that is to keep you small! It's a huge load of crap to be carrying around, allowing it to weigh us down so much. LIghten the load immediately, drop the guilt! I left my behind years ago and it changed my life.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    so glad I copied what I wrote here before posting, most of it got deleted. I will post it from my desk top later today.

Hugs everyone in the meantime.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hello my lovely LOST ladies~
    I am having an off week...emotions are crazy...super happy or super sad! I'm sure it has to do with TOM being here and it's the first time this year!!! But I'm tired of this roller coaster this week ...I want to be me again...lol. I have been working at the barn still in the afternoons...I am hoping the extra exercise will kick the scale this week but not holding my breath. The vet was there Wednesday and he spooked on of the horses that I was leading...the horse reared up and I forgot to loosen my grip on the lead rope and he lifted me a couple feet off the floor and slammed me into a stall wall. I am quite humbled by their size and power...not to mention bruised pretty good. It derailed my workout for that day but not for any others thank goodness. I may be a big woman but I am no match for a horse!!!

Jen~ you are so welcome! I hope one or two of those ideas may help. Remember we can be there any time day or night with you...just turn your computer on next time you are alone and feeling down! (((((((((((HUGS))))

aaliceinw~ I LOVE that advice...you put it so perfectly! Guilt is truly a burden we should try not to carry!

Karen~ KUDOS to you for being such a great friend and supporter!

Liz~ I hope your move is going super smooth!!!

Have a FAB_U_LOSS night my friends!!!
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    We will be moving over the next three weeks. I am not looking forward to the moving part. I can't wait to start putting in the gardens. I really want to get my asparagus planted, golden raspberries, lilies, and some vegies going.

I had a NSV this week. I am now in a size smaller pants and had to buy new knickers. :D

Jen - Hang in there, we didn't develop these habits over night, it will take time to change them. I totally agree with Alice about guilt. Be kind to yourself. <3

Cindy - I am glad you didn't get hurt any worse. Sorry about TOM, I think it was hardest when I thought I was through and it would surprise me. Know you are getting closer to the time when it won't visit you. :)

Karen, QT, Barb, Noodle, Juila, and everyone else - I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! B)

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I had a NSV this week. I am now in a size smaller pants and had to buy new knickers. :D

Congrats. Happy shopping!
  • Noodle797
    Options
    Here I am at work on a Saturday. Stopped & had lunch @ Qdoba (like Chipotle) before coming in. I had every intension of ordering a chicken taco salad, no tortilla bowl, but somehow nachos came out of my mouth. Now I'm sitting here feeling sick to my stomach. On the bright side my boyfriend & I are going for a long swim today, so at least I can burn some of this off. 1,200 calories for nachos. I could just kick myself!!!

Cindy, OMG, that is scary. I like horses, but can't be near them because of allergies, but man, they can really do some damage if they want to! My cousin used to ride in competition & I've seen people get stepped on & kicked & thrown. Horses do not mess around!! That's why I say I like cats, I never want a pet that can kick my *kitten*! lol.
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    I don't even know where to start other than to say THANK YOU! You all made me feel so valued, "normal", and supported. As was mentioned, the hardest thing about food addiction is that you can't just stop eating and take all of the food out of your house! I will take to heart all that was said. Again, THANK YOU! <3
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    Alice- I'm releasing the guilt. What is done is done. No use hanging on to it. Learn from it and move on.

Cindy- I'm so glad you weren't hurt more severely! I have severe PMDD at TOM so I get it totally!

Liz- Happy moving! Or is that a contradiction in terms! ;) Look at you buying smaller pants! Way to go!!!

Have a super weekend everyone!
  • jhaugen445
    Options
    Hi! I'm writing a book today! ;) Speaking of TOM, I'm having a total hysterectomy and oophorectomy on April 28th. Many issues, so it must go! It will put a temporary stop to my Zumba workouts; but I'm determined to stay on track with my eating and walk as much and as fast as I'm allowed post op. I've heard anywhere from 4-8 weeks recovery. It depends on whether it is done laparoscopically or open and how quickly you individually are healing. My surgery is supposed to be robotic. Very cool! I will stay in touch with you all. I hope to be able to check in everyday if possible. For those of you who pray. I would ask for your prayers. Thank you.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    You have my prayers Jen and happy thoughts. <3
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Good evening my Lovely LOST Ladies~
    Well today was a very surprising day...I was supposed to finally get some sleep but of course life got in the way! I got home from work this morning and my Bulldog (who is usually MY SHADOW) did not excitedly greet me at the door...nor did she follow any of her normal habitual behaviors...she was very lethargic and completely NOT herself...needless to say I was worried. Worry=HUGE INSOMNIA for me. I slept for less than 3 hrs and when I got up...she was worse. I rushed her to an emergency vet hospital a couple towns over and they were completely stumped as well. Biggest concern is dehydration...she won't drink anything. 3 hours at animal hospital...no closer to knowing what's wrong! **SIGH** But it was worth the time and money to know she's OK in general...her heart rate and all other vitals were really good! Anyway...it's a wait and see...

Jen~ I'm glad you are not holding onto the guilt!!! KUDOS to you! My prayers are with you for the 28th and for the speediest and easiest of recoveries!

Liz~ That is a GREAT NSV! I LOVE needing new pants...don't love buying them but love NEEDING them! It truly will not beak my heart for TOM to never show up again LOL! I hope the next few weeks go as peacefully as possible for you! And your new home be Blessed with Love & Happiness Always!!!

Noodle~I am so envious of all your pool time! I can't wait to open ours up but the pool season is just so short! I am also hoping for no flooding! It has been raining and snowing here all week...while it has melted the majority of what was here...it's too much too fast! We have quite a few rural roads that are flooding out and washing away or being shut down for a few days at a time. So far we have been very lucky...I have a stream that goes through my property and it gets higher but our home has never flooded! **quick knock on wood there** I know what you mean about the horses...my daughters true passion in life! I am so used to HER horse, who is very gentle and well mannered...I was reminded of how much strength they truly have...I will not forget that again! I like cats but I am deathly allergic to them. I am incredibly close to my bulldog. My daughter says she is here to replace the emptiness of my empty nest syndrome! She even gets jealous of the dog sometimes LOL! Because the dog thinks she is truly my BABY!

Aaliceinw~Thank you so much for all the info you gave me on the protein. I did some research and found a protein isolate which has 50g of protein and also did the suggested research on my macros. I have recorded them and will get them programmed here n MFP in the next couple days. Then begin working on balancing my diet out using the new formula. I appreciate your support more than you know!

Have a FAB_U_LOSS evening my friends!!! XOXOXO

• mysticlizard
    Options
    Cindy - I hope your baby girl is feeling better. <3 My children tell me that I treated my dogs better than them. I tell them that I never disappointed the dogs, the dogs were better behaved, and never talked back. ;) I think love for an animal can be every bit as deep as for a child.

Thank you to all for your continued good wishes and support through this move. You all are my island of clam amid the chaos. I am hoping by the first week in May to be settled. B)

7io36lzno2gc.jpg
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Liz! Your new home is BEAUTIFUL! I can picture the lovely gardens coming SOON!
    Only have a minute tonight...I'm in desperate need for sleep but will be back tomorrow my friends!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS night and sweet dreams!
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies I've been MIA this weekend. All is well just relaxing and getting through my TOM. Good news is that I'm still binge free, eight days. Bad news, I'm bloated as heck and I've gained a pound. Bah! I'm pressing forward, this week I need to get three workouts in at 30 min each.

Jen hang in there! I know it's rough, just keep pushing forward. We got this!

Ouch Cindy! Sending healing thoughts to you and the pooch. It's definitely worrisome when they aren't themselves. Good news is her vitals are good. Maybe she ate something that's giving her the blues. I have a eight year old shih tzu. I go nuts whenever she's not herself.

Liz the house looks awesome!

I hope everyone has an awesome week!
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Here's to a great week!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Well Bailey (my bulldog) and I are both blah today...so we had a lazy day!

MdwstQT~ I hope you enjoyed your week end despite TOM! Here's to a great week **clinking my water glass**

I hope everybody has a FAB_U_LOSS Tuesday!!!
  • Noodle797
    Options
    What is it about TOM that makes us feel so crappy? I had it this weekend & I know that's why I mowed down those nachos. No gain this week, thank goodness, but no loss either. Bummer.

Cindy I hope your fur baby is feeling better soon. There is a dog flu going around the midwest. I saw on the news this weekend that several hundred dogs in the Chicago/Milwaukee area were showing symptoms.

Liz I love your house! I've always wanted a ranch with an attached garage. I own a Cape Cod & I pray every day that it burns down because I hate it. I love my yard & I love the location, but the house is a nightmare. I especially love the trees in your yard, nice & shady!

Jen good luck on surgery, I will pray for a speedy recovery for you. My mom had a full hysto done about 10 years ago & she was up & running around a few days later. It's amazing how quickly you can recover when they do laproscopic surgery.

WTG on being binge free Mdwst!

Have a good week to everyone that I missed. I'll try to pop in later in the week.