Every day chats!

Options

Replies

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Cindy - We went to my mom's on CO. Benjamin is awesome and Joe got a keeper with Andrew. I have to go back to CO. the first week of March to help my mom, she has moved into an independent living place and we need to empty the house and get it ready to sell :) I will be 150 in Nov. for the wedding B) .

I hope your life has settled down a bit. <3
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hello my Lovely LOST Ladies~
    Life for me has gotten worse and worse.... Wed morning they rushed my Dad back to the hospital where once again be was admitted to ICU. By noon they told us there was nothing else they could do so trying to honor my Dad's wishes... We had all machines removed and discontinued all his meds... While waiting for him to pass that day, we got a call that our friend, the owner to the barn where we board Rocky passed, suddenly, unexpectedly... My Dad lasted until Thursday morning and then he too passed, on Fri we had to put my mom's 10 yr. old pug down and this morning I awoke to a call from one of my nieces that a very dear friend, who was only 48 (my age) had dropped dead suddenly. My mind and body are numb right now... I could probably have created a newocean this week with tears I have cried!
    I am hoping to find the strength to get through this weekend. I will try to use their memories to give me the strength to get back on track and stop stress eating!
    Hugs to you all....
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Wow Cindy I am soooooooooooo sorry for your losses ....I pray that you find the strength to heal.....What helped me last year when I lost 4 people was coming on here to talk to friends ....even though I wasn't really tracking my calories .....take the time for yourself to grieve and then when you are ready to tackle weightloss then can ....we are here for you ...take care of yourself hun ...HUGS
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Cindy, So sorry to hear that you are going through all of this all at one time. I can't even imagine. It is a good thing to use their memories to stay strong. Continue to take care of yourself the best you can right now and remember that there will be a new day in the future when the sun will once again shine. Hugs
    Marcella
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    (((HUGS))) Cindy, you are in my prayers.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Well finally today I did not wake up to find I had lost anyone else. On top of all the others last week, I then lost my cousin Jon, who was only 40 yrs old...he had 5 children and a friend that worked with my husband for 10 yrs passed as well. My brain is still numb. I have cried and cried and would truly love to smile again! I know I will in time.
    I am back at work today, maybe getting into a normal routine will help. We had a private memorial service at the arena for our barn owner. She will be deeply missed, my daughter is truly heartbroken this week. I have held it together a lot for her! Which has probably been as much of a help to me...that is normalcy for me...worrying about others keeps my mind occupied!
    Thank you all for the hugs, prayers and words of encouragement! They mean more than you could know!!!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS week my friends! Here's to a better month!!!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Incredible how much has happened. It's good that you can be there for you daughter. Even though going back to work may help, I hope you have someone that you can lean on there a bit too. Of course you have all of us here. <3
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Good morning my Lovely LOST Ladies~
    Life is slowly getting back to some what normalcy! As normal as it can for now I guess!
    I have been picking up the pace with my steps again... We are taking my nephews bowling on Sunday... That should be a FUN workout!
    On a good note Kyli passed her class and is now a certified dog trainer! She is the only person who has passed this course in a long time ... the last 5 people that have taken it have all failed. She is super excited, she has gotten a lead trainer position for 2 local businesses, so although her boyfriend deployes Feb 17th, she will be busy herself!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS weekend my friends!!!!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Well my dark cloud is ever looming... My father in law passed away Thursday in Ireland. And it's being left up to my husband and I to get his remains brought back here to be buried with his wife.
    Needless to say I'm still not getting any me time. But eventually hit bottom and have nowhere to go but up...
    Hope you all had a nice Valentines Day. Have a FAB_U_LOSS week my friends!!!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am soooo sorry Cindy ...HUGS
  • FindingCindy721
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wow! Taking care of someone's remains internationally is CRAZY!!! Especially when they didn't leave a will etc! Still don't have him back here yet... But they are predicting by the end of the week we should have him back. Have a FAB_U_LOSS week my friends!!!

• JMarcella57
    Options
    So sorry that you are having to go through all this. Hope your week also goes well.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    WOW I can't believe February is over already!!! This year is horrible but it's FLYING already!!!!
    We got my Father in laws remains back from Ireland. They say it will take a full year to close everything out since he had no will but at least we will be able to lay him to rest with his wife. That is a HUGE load off my mind! Now to deal with all the rest of the expenses and about half my life stresses will be gone!
    I hope everyone is well. Wish it didn't echo so much in here but I guess everyone is busy!
    Have a FAB_U_LOSS day my friends!!!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    I am in Colorado moving mom into assisted living (her choice yay!!!) and getting am estate sale going and getting the house ready to list. Busy but pleased. Hope all you ladies are well. :)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    I am still here but have gained a lot of my weight back. Getting a plan into play to get back on track... Gonna start hitting the gym again.
    Liz ~ so happy to to hear from you! Glad your getting things accomplished!

Megan ~ thanks so much for the hugs and encouragement.... It means more than you know!

Marcella ~ thank you for your prayers and encouragement... You ROCK!

I hope all is going well for everyone!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Cindy, my weight is up too. When I finally get home I will start over with my new high weight.
  • EMCOX5412
    EMCOX5412 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, looks like people are slowly starting to come back.. I have been lurking and need some accountability and hope this will help. I have been struggling so much and have gained weight.. its so maddening.. i used to go to the gym 6 to 7 days a week and and was really good about what I ate during the week. Now I get to the gym 2 or 3 days a week and I track what I eat but I don't really care. I need to get back to what I was doing before and I don't know how to get there. At night before I go to bed I will tell myself I am going to the gym in the morning (I go at 4:30am, I don't set an alarm, I am just up) and when I get up I just say, not today and then I sit on the couch and watch the TV drinking coffee. I can't seem to break the cycle. I am hoping that when the weather gets warmer that will help my motivation, but I am just not sure...

Cindy so sorry for all your recent losses..
    Mystic taking care of mom is good thing..

lets see if we can get this thing rolling again..

Have a great day everyone!
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    Em, I will challenge you to go to the gym three days this week and four days for the next two weeks. I know that you can do it :)
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    One more day closer to doing well. I actually got some sleep today! Sounds a little silly to some but I am truly at the point of being physically ill from sleep deprivation. Today was the first time in almost 2 months straight that I got more than 3-4 hrs of sleep and felt pretty good when I got up. Although by the time I had been up 8 hrs I could have gone back to sleep again. It would be amazing if I could sleep more that 3 hrs at a time...I think it's the broken sleep that's killing me. Anyway...one step at a time!

• EMCOX5412
    EMCOX5412 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks mystic, i appreciate your concern, but that kind of thing doesn't work with me. I have to find it within myself and myself only.

Cindy have you ever had a sleep study done? They are very telling, I had one done 5 years ago and I was prescribed a CPAP machine, they found that my airways are very small and that the flap (for lack of a better word was not opening, I never snored. My husband noticed that I literally was not breathing) and the air can't get through. My sleep patterns had been crazy for years and they suspect that I probably needed it all my life. Now I sleep 7 hours a night and I can't believe how much better I feel every morning. The first night with it, for only 4 hours and all my usual morning ailments were not there. It is truly amazing. Oh well enough of my rant.