NSV's

Options

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    mousie1973 wrote: »
    I have a dress i bought in may that i was not even able to get over my chest... now i can not only get it over my chest, i am getting closer to zipping it up! and it is a size 18! (i started at a 26/28)

AWESOME!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ , look at you rocking those jeans!

@Mami1976D, you look even better in the second pic!

@SlimBride2Be, looking forward to seeing the dress, too! You'll have photos to cherish for a lifetime.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Just realized yesterday I am missing my skin tags that are common on Mom's side of the family.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I grabbed for tea today instead of my regular pop. Small but still counts.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    Just realized yesterday I am missing my skin tags that are common on Mom's side of the family.

As in they went away or they never arrived? Either way, yay!!
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    I realized yesterday that some of my "fat lumps" (small hard moveable lumps underneath the skin) have disappeared. There are still two on my thigh, one of which has been there for years, but still-- the ones that had cropped up on my arms are just gonzo!
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »

As in they went away or they never arrived? Either way, yay!!

Went away after 20 years.

• KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Finding our Low Carb group is the best NSV in the last bit.

So many inspiring people. So many stories of lives just full of winning!

I like our little cyber family. So I raise the piece of bacon and coffee cup to you all for a toast and good weekend to follow!

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Finding our Low Carb group is the best NSV in the last bit.

So many inspiring people. So many stories of lives just full of winning!

I like our little cyber family. So I raise the piece of bacon and coffee cup to you all for a toast and good weekend to follow!

I'll join you for that coffee. I take mine black with liquid stevia.
    I'm so close to getting off insulin it isn't funny.
    It still peeves me that I didn't find this WOL years ago, but I don't
    want to cry over spilt milk. I can't belive I'm going to say this but:
    I'm actually enjoying this diet WOL.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Toasting back to you all too! I'm so proud to be part of this amazing group!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    I went to a yoga class this morning. I went inside and didn't drive back home. I put on a brave face when I heard the mooing and the fat comments. I spoke to people anyway. I managed to ignore the childish tittering when I stumbled. I said goodbye without bursting into tears. I didn't come home and have an anxiety attack. I didn't have a few drinks. I didn't emotionally eat. I didn't retreat into a book. I scheduled myself into another class.

To me: A pat on the back and a YAY ME!
    To them: F you. This is about me. For once, I'm making this about me. Not... Is hubby happy? Are the kids happy? Is this too expensive? Is anyone inconvenienced? Should I have been cleaning house? Did my fat make you uncomfortable? Nope, it's about me. Screw you.

Some NSVs are about what didn't happen. I didn't freak out. I didn't give in. I didn't give up. Go me.

Wow! SO proud of you!!! Very brave. People can be cruel. You did it all for YOU! Way to go!!!!! I think you made a breakthrough. One day at a time girlfriend. For me it's more one minute at a time sometimes but you'll get there. We're all in this together. YAY YOU!!!!!!!
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    This is a big deal for me. Maybe it is nothing special to anyone else

My first ride of 20 miles at 20 mph!

kcrh6fphzkv4.jpg

And it was in the hills!

Love this place. It was 72 degrees so what a perfect day!!

d73l0roma13q.jpg
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, Kitten. I could only do that if the entire ride is downhill. :)
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    Cutting out foods containing sugars and/or grains has done wonders for the health of my teeth and especially my gums. Because of the arthritis damage to my jaw, actually most all body joints I can not floss my teeth like most can so for the last 20 years I have used dental picks. Bleeding gums was a concern I had a year ago but no more. The teeth seem to be more slick and just a bushing does more than before to clean them.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    @KittensMaster It is a big deal and I'm proud of you.

@Mami1976D I've had a few of those go away too.

@farmers_daughter It seems like a small step, but it's actually huge.

@mousie1973 That's a great feeling!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Can I consider it an NSV that my fitness tracker app is food shaming me? Lol
    I just got a Jawbone Up24 cuz I found it for a ridiculous 19.98 at Target! The app is really nice and syncs with MFP, but it grades your food on a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being the best food choices based on the SAD diet. I am flunking at eating like a proper American. Lol
    4r7z9w56jnkv.jpg

It would have been an even lower score if I had eaten a more appropriate amount of fat yesterday. Fats were a lower proportion than they should've been really.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Can I consider it an NSV that my fitness tracker app is food shaming me? Lol
    I just got a Jawbone Up24 cuz I found it for a ridiculous 19.98 at Target! The app is really nice and syncs with MFP, but it grades your food on a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being the best food choices based on the SAD diet. I am flunking at eating like a proper American. Lol

It would have been an even lower score if I had eaten a more appropriate amount of fat yesterday. Fats were a lower proportion than they should've been really.

I always know I'm eating right when my "moderation" friends freak out at my fat consumption that day and send me an "are you sure that's right?" message.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    My NSV

I bought this belt when it was still too small. I planned to shrink in to it.

It was a 36 and I was a 40 or something like that.

It on the last hole now.

Slow patient progress. No crazy diets. No starvation. Just sensible low carb eating.

s0lrp264olnm.jpg

Time to punch a few more holes! Great work!!
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    Last pair of jeans I bought were size 20. So today I was in a hurry and grabbed jeans from my closet. Put them on and thought, oh crap these feel a little tight. Took them off and they were size 14. Woooooooooohoooooooooooo

Awesome!!
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    I can skip and jog again :) Well, jog for about 10 feet but it's a start!