NSV's

Options

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Great NSV's! My closet is still full but the wardrobe is shrinking! I need to clean it out I guess. I think I'm going to have some major issues when I pull out my fall/winter clothes I have packed away. I don't have the extra funds to buy new clothes right now.
    Would having to dress like a bum wearing clothes 3+ sizes too big be considered an NSV? Lol
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Great NSV's! My closet is still full but the wardrobe is shrinking! I need to clean it out I guess. I think I'm going to have some major issues when I pull out my fall/winter clothes I have packed away. I don't have the extra funds to buy new clothes right now.
    Would having to dress like a bum wearing clothes 3+ sizes too big be considered an NSV? Lol

I don't know, but I'm at that point. I have brand new shirts I bought this Spring that look so frumpy now! But I still have too much around the middle to be comfortable in my old shirts from before my last three pregnancies. I have worn a couple of them, but most are still a bit too tight and short for my liking. The pants from back then are fitting me, though. Those babies left a lot of pudge around my tummy.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    My NSV

I bought this belt when it was still too small. I planned to shrink in to it.

It was a 36 and I was a 40 or something like that.

It on the last hole now.

Slow patient progress. No crazy diets. No starvation. Just sensible low carb eating.

s0lrp264olnm.jpg
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I love reading these. I truly do.

• nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I do too...I really needed this and think I will have to come back here every so often for some positive motivation. Good work everyone!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Interesting one. I ate SAD for about 10 days during my holidays and my face was like a PIZZA when I got back. Acne was back sooooo bad. A week on LCHF and it's almost back to clear. My body does NOT like carbs it seems

Glad things are recovering. It can be good to realize just how much LCHF does for us that carbs have turned on our bodies in a bad way.

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options

I love my sweatshirt big and roomy. But my arms must have got shorter they don't stick out the sleeves any more.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I went to Kohl's last night to use a $15 reward that was expiring. I easily fit into a pair of 16 petite pants. It's been a long time since I've fit into petite sizing, as they tend to be slimmer than women's sizing. I was excited! But I didn't get them (because they cost more than I wanted to spend). Instead I bought new underwear 3 sizes smaller than my last underwear purchase. Win, win, win!!!

LOL This!

I need to go underwear shopping because everything is getting baggy and bunched up.
  • kithrobyn
    kithrobyn Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I can finally wear my wedding rings again :)
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I went to Kohl's last night to use a $15 reward that was expiring. I easily fit into a pair of 16 petite pants. It's been a long time since I've fit into petite sizing, as they tend to be slimmer than women's sizing. I was excited! But I didn't get them (because they cost more than I wanted to spend). Instead I bought new underwear 3 sizes smaller than my last underwear purchase. Win, win, win!!!

LOL This!

I need to go underwear shopping because everything is getting baggy and bunched up.

Ha ha ha, yeah, me too! I have to make sure it doesn't stick out the top of whatever pants I'm wearing.

I can finally do real push ups. Did six in a row last night, followed by ten knee push-ups.

• KittensMaster
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Do women not get boxer briefs?

Those have some elastic and adapt to one weight loss.

I have seen boy shorts. Not sure if those are common everyday wear or just date night.

Lol!!!

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    kithrobyn wrote: »
    I can finally wear my wedding rings again :)

I went through that phase. Now it's "My wedding rings are falling off." :D
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options

I have seen boy shorts. Not sure if those are common everyday wear or just date night.

Lol!!!

Boy shorts are great for young girls or women who have straight-ish hips. Not so great for curvy hip ladies! I will probably never wear them.

• KittensMaster
    Options

Lol!!!

Boy shorts are great for young girls or women who have straight-ish hips. Not so great for curvy hip ladies! I will probably never wear them.

I admit to total ignorance on the topic

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Lol!!!

Boy shorts = wedgie city for a curvy figure! Lol

I need some new drawers too. Lol
    Many women buy cotton undies because they are more comfy and airy... But they are limited in stretch/shrink to work well while losing weight.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    When I posted about being worried about shrinking out of my clothes, someone added this comment: (Sorry in advance to the men, if it offends)

Also get thee to ROSS and TJ Max (for sale sales on new bras and exercise stuff), also give Target a go (sometimes they have great $5-$10 basics and clearance items), and the thrift store in a nice neighborhood ($1-$5 jackets, dresses, skirts, and jeans are what I find in the best condition), and for free panties sign up for all of Victoria Secret's mail (they'll send roughly 1 free panty card every month to every other month which is 6-12 pairs of free panties per year plus a $10 birthday gift good for one more pair of free panties or half off a bra on sale). Now go forth and look fabulous for cheap! Also best of luck dear!
  • KittensMaster
    Options

Lol!!!

I admit to total ignorance on the topic

KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    When I posted about being worried about shrinking out of my clothes, someone added this comment: (Sorry in advance to the men, if it offends)

Also get thee to ROSS and TJ Max (for sale sales on new bras and exercise stuff), also give Target a go (sometimes they have great $5-$10 basics and clearance items), and the thrift store in a nice neighborhood ($1-$5 jackets, dresses, skirts, and jeans are what I find in the best condition), and for free panties sign up for all of Victoria Secret's mail (they'll send roughly 1 free panty card every month to every other month which is 6-12 pairs of free panties per year plus a $10 birthday gift good for one more pair of free panties or half off a bra on sale). Now go forth and look fabulous for cheap! Also best of luck dear!

I have had to buy every single thing again

I love hearing where things are on sale

I am an office professional and clothes are not cheap. Gotta buy "dress up" clothes for work and then, casual and gym wear.

I go for all the 70% off I can find!

I really don't think many men are offended at panties and bras. Unless they are maximum security types you can't undo.

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    I have a face now, not just a marshmallow on the end of my neck.

20141122_103657_zpsbbh93z7h_edit_1440711471987_zpsdhcg4zh7.jpg
    20150819_090918_zps8hvinmxw.jpg

Minties82, I am new to the group, but when reading up on posts, I was so inspired by your new photo.... absolutely beautiful both of you and your complexion is AMAZING...I can only hope going LCHF can do that for me!! great NSV!!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Last pair of jeans I bought were size 20. So today I was in a hurry and grabbed jeans from my closet. Put them on and thought, oh crap these feel a little tight. Took them off and they were size 14. Woooooooooohoooooooooooo

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Lol!!!

Those won't work with my short shorts that I can now fit back into. :D
    Last pair of jeans I bought were size 20. So today I was in a hurry and grabbed jeans from my closet. Put them on and thought, oh crap these feel a little tight. Took them off and they were size 14. Woooooooooohoooooooooooo

Woohoo!