NSV's

Options

Replies

• KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    My husband again remarked that he doesn't want me to lose too much weight (this time he admitted it's because he thinks all the other men are going to be drooling over me, and I assured him I am simply trying to get healthy and to feel good about myself), and then he asked if I was still in the 200s. When I told him I weighed in at 189 that morning, his jaw dropped and he said, "What?! You're not in the 2s anymore? You weigh less than me!!" I'm not sure why that made me feel awesome, but it did. :)

Congrats on your weight loss!

That is a big deal.

That is a touchy and funny topic of your s.o. Enjoying your body but also not wanting others to

My gf loves my cycling team outfits, skin tight spandex. She also hates them at the same time for the reason you mentioned. She even says it!

You know you are not looking for attention. Maybe he will get motivated?

Best wishes on reaching your final goal. You are doing awesome !!
  • jayne12469
    jayne12469 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I noticed that my favorite "work pants" were pretty roomy today. Checked it out when I visited the ladies room, and yep, I can take them off without unbuttoning and unzipping them. Last time that happened, I was following CICO for several months and I was STARVING and struggling. This time, only 6 weeks in with LCHF and not miserable and hungry. Doesn't get much better than this!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing "Mom bras" for many, many years. It's hard to find girly bras in large sizes. I just had to go buy new ones and these are definitely NOT Mom bras. It's nice to feel like a girl again. Hubby approves too.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Happiness is getting my favourite buzz cut haircut ( yes I think short hair is sexy on girls, and I love the looks I get) and not looking like I am too fat. I hadn't seen my hairdresser in a few months and he says I look good ! Next stop was to shop for clothes and I was astounded that all the size medium petite clothes I tried on fit !t3d9tq4ip7mo.jpg
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    I have to learn how to take better pictures though ! :#
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    LOL It's a fine picture! You look really good. I don't have the guts to do that...yet.
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    Thanks ! I never thought I'd be able to do this either! I just wish I had some before photos. I am down 55 pounds since this time last year, so sometimes my weight loss feels pretty slow. It's nice when smaller clothes fit even though I haven't really lost much more weight. This woe feels like magic toe !
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    To me, sorry, not toe. ;)
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Not your toe? Mine like this WOL! Hehehehehe!!!!!

>:) OR o:)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Janice, you are simply radiant! I think it's a great picture! Love the size medium/petite and I know you do too! Flaunt it! Wtg! :smiley:
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bought a pair of skinny jeans for the first time in.... ever and have had quite a few compliments at work today about how slim my legs are. :) Feeling super skinny today, although I still have a few kgs to go to my target weight.
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm a coffee addict

Mmmmmmmmmmm

New Starbucks bold Anniversary Blend out !!!

I'm in my happy place

ncq029vq33d1.jpg
    I too am a coffee addict! I must try this one out! Heading to Starbucks over lunch!

Oh and my NSV - yesterday I wore a Peyton Manning Jersey to work. It was a 4X and was HUGE on me. Today I'm wearing another football jersey to work and it is a 2X and while not huge on me, it still fits with a little room for breathing!
  • clayswife13
    clayswife13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

[/quote]
    I too am a coffee addict! I must try this one out! Heading to Starbucks over lunch!

Oh and my NSV - yesterday I wore a Peyton Manning Jersey to work. It was a 4X and was HUGE on me. Today I'm wearing another football jersey to work and it is a 2X and while not huge on me, it still fits with a little room for breathing!
    [/quote]

I am wearing my Manning jersey today and blue jeans that I haven't been able to wear since last December (granted I was pregnant BUT my son is only 7 weeks old so I am at least not much bigger than I was before I got pregnant so that is a NSV!! LOL
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Down to size 16 jeans without any "muffin top"!

@mrron2u and @clayswife13, Denver is my second favorite team! Love Peyton Manning (even though we beat him in the Super Bowl when he was with Indianapolis, just sayin, lol!))! Props on the smaller sizes!
  • clayswife13
    clayswife13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @Karlottap I am a huge Peyton Manning fan!! (Actually named my son Peyton LOL). I have to say I do like Drew Brees and am following Benjamin Watson on Facebook (he is very inspirational in the things he shares, don't know how well he plays the game because I only found him on Facebook during the off season and really didn't pay attention to him before that).
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    @clayswife13, Peyton is one of the really good guys. Of course he comes from good "stock" since his dad, Archie Manning, was quarterback for the New Orleans Saints when I was a kid! Will look in to what you read on Watson! I love how some of these guys create inspirational platforms that help others! Have a great day! :smiley:
  • MDAPebbles67
    MDAPebbles67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Awwww darn, I finished reading the thread. Now to find some NSVs of my own.

Congratulations to all.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    My supervisor, a married man who is probably 10-15 years older than me and with whom I have had my discussions about low-carbing, FINALLY remarked spontaneously about how I've lost a ton of weight. I started working here almost 3 months before I started this WOE, so he has seen me throughout this whole journey. I know people at work are always hesitant to remark on other people's bodies, especially in a person of the opposite sex, so that was HUGE for me. I'm sure I beamed and then said, "Thank you!"

Also, one of my aunts started a private Facebook group for our family, and I posted a before/after pic there today. Of course there are the usual, "Great job, you look great," kind of comments, but my cousin pointed out that I look happier in the after photos, and I realized that--even though my life is full of the same level of stress as before--I AM happier now. I have more energy, my mood is better, I am more optimistic.... I just FEEL BETTER in every way possible!

Now if only my feet would stop hurting.....
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    I dropped a clamp behind a machine at work today.
    I didn't have to go get a broom to get it back. I just
    walked behind the machine, bent over and picked it up.
    Oh, the little things....

>:) OR o:)
  • knackeredat34
    knackeredat34 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone. I've been reading these over the past couple of days and they have really inspired me to keep going (its been one of those weeks). I've been doing this WOE for 27 days now and my NSV are:

My daughter (she is 6) likes to stick her hands up my shirt and wobble my belly if she is sad, it instantly cheers her up - she asked me the other day where my belly had gone.

27 days of no binge eating, late night munchies only once a week (i normally fast from dinner to lunch time) and my munchies are a cheese toastie with bacon as the bread - nom - i actually feel in control of my hunger/eating