Options

Replies

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is getting loose- again

I had mine cut off many years ago.
    I got it smashed in a machine at work
    & it was cutting off the circulation in my finger.
    For our 50th I'll get it fixed and put back on,
    my sweetie has saved it.

>:) OR o:)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    Yesterday at the chiropractor's office there were a couple young ladies (18-25) there when I walked in. When I left they were in the car about to leave with the motor running but the driver was looking at her phone but started to move so I stepped back up on the curb since I was parked in the next spot to the right.

The windows were down and the passenger said Hi then I realized the driver was speaking to me but over the noise I had to step near the passenger window. She said, "You look like Sean Connery". I said thank you and stepped back up onto the curb.

I did not know kids that age even knew Sean Connery. The way I moved and looked 50 pounds ago that would have never had happened with or without the beard. My wife and daughter got a kick out of it. The wife had already shown me a picture of Sean Connery and my remark was that looked like my dad with a beard. :)

I always thought your profile picture on here WAS Sean Connery...you mean that is you?! Wow!

The background in my photo is a wall in the Murray KY Huddle House. I am betting Sean Connery does not eat LCHF at any Huddle House wearing an old $8 Walmart shirt. :)

Thanks for confusing my photo with Sean Connery. That is another NSV for this old man. :)

Sean is bald on the forehead like my dad so my dad with a beard could have passed as a double perhaps as he was only 10 years older than Sean Connery and I am about 20 years younger than Sean Connery.

By the way I use my real name and photo on web forums and will stand behind any of my thoughts posted on the web in a courtroom if required. There is too much BS in the world already and at my age I see no reason to produce more. :)

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is getting loose- again

I'm having this problem too.
    Me too! Might have to put my engagement ring back on to keep it on.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Oooh, being able to wear my bridal set again will be the best NSV! It fits now, but my fingers swell something awful off and on during the day that I'm scared they'll get stuck on them.

You do look like Sean Connery, @GaleHawkins :) I thought that too when I first saw your pic.

I passed up German Chocolate Cake last night and ice cream cake during the day. (Two different b-day parties LOL) I wore a dress I bought three months ago to the party last night that looked horrid on me then, but now it fits and looks great. I got loads of compliments. :blush: My grandma, "That dress really makes you look small." I'm like, no memal, I am just smaller in general now.

I think I'm ready to do some in progress pics. I've always avoided cameras, but I think I may just brave it and take a pic anyhow!

• Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I completed my three day fat fast, and I am counting that as a major NSV. I even went to an after-work happy hour complete with free cocktails and food, and didn't take a single thing. I'm really liking this fat fast thing. I might do it on regular bases.
    In the win column number two, I went to the gym today sans my usual gym partner - he got switched to an earlier shift and cannot make morning workouts with me anymore. I had guys trying to talk to me as I was working out. On one hand, I'm flattered... on the other, c'mon gentlemen, I'm trying to lift heavy things.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    I completed my three day fat fast, and I am counting that as a major NSV. I even went to an after-work happy hour complete with free cocktails and food, and didn't take a single thing. I'm really liking this fat fast thing. I might do it on regular bases.
    In the win column number two, I went to the gym today sans my usual gym partner - he got switched to an earlier shift and cannot make morning workouts with me anymore. I had guys trying to talk to me as I was working out. On one hand, I'm flattered... on the other, c'mon gentlemen, I'm trying to lift heavy things.

Good for you! I don't know if I could have passed up free booze and food. Not quite there yet!

I wonder how hard it is to bench press a flirt?
  • Lillith32
    Options
    Azuriaz wrote: »

Those were big crossfit dudes. I think they may have been impressed by the fact that I can do pull-ups. I've been falling off the wagon for a few months, and managed to gain 30 lb. Hoping to get back to 150's-140's within the next year and see my pull-up numbers go up as well.

Thank you!
  • Azuriaz
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »

Those were big crossfit dudes. I think they may have been impressed by the fact that I can do pull-ups. I've been falling off the wagon for a few months, and managed to gain 30 lb. Hoping to get back to 150's-140's within the next year and see my pull-up numbers go up as well.

Thank you!

That's impressive though, I can't do a pull up unassisted. I don't think I was ever able to, even when I was at my correct weight! Maybe someday.
  • Lillith32
    Options

That's impressive though, I can't do a pull up unassisted. I don't think I was ever able to, even when I was at my correct weight! Maybe someday.

I started with rubber bands, and when I was able to use the thinnest one, I would get up on the bar using a step or something, and slowly lower down a few times in the workout. Eventually I was able to pull myself up. Then I worked on pull up #2, #3... got to 7 before I fell off the wagon.
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    nicintime wrote: »
    I did 3 cold water scuba dives on my birthday yesterday with a ribeye lunch sandwiched in there.

For those that might not know, our cold water here in the Pacific Northwest requires more exposure protection. I enter the water with 90 to 100lbs of gear on.

3 months ago I couldn't fit into my dry suit. Yesterday I nailed it with energy to spare and the joy of drinking in the underwater world.

Super stoked!

Great for you. Where were scuba diving at? My son used to do that! I know about that tiny suit and belts of weight. Its BIG thing Congrats!
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    @GaleHawkins .... Love it!
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    We give out T-shirts with the flu vaccine at my job, last year I got a 3xl, that I thought ran small. Yesterday I was able to get a large, and it fit perfect!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I went shopping......in my closet!! Have a whole wardrobe of size sixteen that I can now wear! Me to hubby, "Yes, keeping all of those smaller size clothes is a good thing, even though they take up space." I believe I just saved a couple hundred dollars! On the other hand, the clothes that are now too big are out the door! I haven't kept any of them this time!
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I went shopping......in my closet!! Have a whole wardrobe of size sixteen that I can now wear! Me to hubby, "Yes, keeping all of those smaller size clothes is a good thing, even though they take up space." I believe I just saved a couple hundred dollars! On the other hand, the clothes that are now too big are out the door! I haven't kept any of them this time!

Ooh, brave girl!!! No security net. :)

I'm keeping 1 largest pants & 1 largest
    shirt for our victory picture. The rest go
    in the clothes recycle bin downtown to
    be used as rags.

o:) OR >:)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I figured I have pictures in the biggest clothes already! I know many who keep them for comparison though! This woe has given me confidence in myself that I've never had before! I've actually made $55 on selling some at a consignment shop. The rest have gone to Goodwill.
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    Pictures... I love pictures but not of me.
    I might have to admit I have a "BIG" problem.
    Over the last few weeks I found 2 that I didn't
    know were taken, scary. Someday I'll share but
    not yet.

o:) OR >:)
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Batlady49 wrote: »
    nicintime wrote: »
    I did 3 cold water scuba dives on my birthday yesterday with a ribeye lunch sandwiched in there.

For those that might not know, our cold water here in the Pacific Northwest requires more exposure protection. I enter the water with 90 to 100lbs of gear on.

3 months ago I couldn't fit into my dry suit. Yesterday I nailed it with energy to spare and the joy of drinking in the underwater world.

Super stoked!

Great for you. Where were scuba diving at? My son used to do that! I know about that tiny suit and belts of weight. Its BIG thing Congrats!

Thank you! I dive year round in the cold, green waters of Puget Sound here in Washington State. This trip I was in the Hood Canal. It takes 100lbs of gear to sink me and keep me warm, so it is not a casual affair!

And I'll stop there since this isn't a scuba thread! :smiley:
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I ran 10 miles this morning, and it only took me 1:42:xx. I clocked my 15k at 1:34:12.

Ten miles is the farthest I have ever run in my life. And, I feel great. This is the first time since starting keto that I've done a long run without vomiting afterward (my longest previous on keto was last week, at 8 miles, much slower, with lots of walking, and I still lost my lunch).

Also, for the curious, I ran completely fasted and ate only around 15g carbs all day yesterday. Guess I can finally say I'm keto adapted after almost 2 months!
  • Azuriaz
    Options
    I ran 10 miles this morning, and it only took me 1:42:xx. I clocked my 15k at 1:34:12.

Ten miles is the farthest I have ever run in my life. And, I feel great. This is the first time since starting keto that I've done a long run without vomiting afterward (my longest previous on keto was last week, at 8 miles, much slower, with lots of walking, and I still lost my lunch).

Also, for the curious, I ran completely fasted and ate only around 15g carbs all day yesterday. Guess I can finally say I'm keto adapted after almost 2 months!

Nice NSV! Hope I can get a few more pounds of chunk off, get fully keto adapted, and start running again. Never done 10 miles in my life, though. Maybe if I was running from a bear I could.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

Woohoo! That's a great NSV! I used to love running long - it was so good for my ego. :)