NSV's

Options

Replies

• AppetiteControlFreak
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    I completed my three day fat fast, and I am counting that as a major NSV. I even went to an after-work happy hour complete with free cocktails and food, and didn't take a single thing. I'm really liking this fat fast thing. I might do it on regular bases.
    In the win column number two, I went to the gym today sans my usual gym partner - he got switched to an earlier shift and cannot make morning workouts with me anymore. I had guys trying to talk to me as I was working out. On one hand, I'm flattered... on the other, c'mon gentlemen, I'm trying to lift heavy things.

Your results speak loud!

Congrats on both counts!

It is a funny thing, I may not want the attention, but it is nice to be noticed.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I cleaned out my closet yesterday and was amazed at how many clothes, even ones purchased within the past few months, are too big! It feels awesome to go into my closet now and have only clothes that make me feel good in there. No more standing there staring at a rack of clothes and finding nothing suitable to wear.

I also went shopping last week for a new outfit and discovered I no longer need a size large sweater. I bought two Petite Medium cardigans, and they fit fantastically!!!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    So 5 years ago when I got married in Jamaica, I found the perfect dress for a beachy wedding. I had to order it from China and I sent them my measurements and waited two months for it to show up. In fact, I thought it wasn't going to arrive in time....Well, it did, with two weeks to spare and it was too little, even after losing 30 lbs in the two months I waited for it. I thought I would have to get it taken in, not let out. :( There was no way I could order another or have it altered and have it in time, so I ended up with a David's Bridal special that I over nighted. :| It was still a beautiful dress, but just wasn't that perfect one. :(

Well, I finally got into the blasted thing last night. Not only did I finally get into the blasted thing, it's now slightly too big. And it's hard to explain, but that dress has been a thorn in my side for 5 years. It's been like this unattainable goal. I kept it all these years with this hope that ONE DAY.... And now it's too big LOL.

Told my hubby we're redoing our wedding pictures. I'm down with another Jamaica trip LOL.

• Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    So 5 years ago when I got married in Jamaica, I found the perfect dress for a beachy wedding. I had to order it from China and I sent them my measurements and waited two months for it to show up. In fact, I thought it wasn't going to arrive in time....Well, it did, with two weeks to spare and it was too little, even after losing 30 lbs in the two months I waited for it. I thought I would have to get it taken in, not let out. :( There was no way I could order another or have it altered and have it in time, so I ended up with a David's Bridal special that I over nighted. :| It was still a beautiful dress, but just wasn't that perfect one. :(

Well, I finally got into the blasted thing last night. Not only did I finally get into the blasted thing, it's now slightly too big. And it's hard to explain, but that dress has been a thorn in my side for 5 years. It's been like this unattainable goal. I kept it all these years with this hope that ONE DAY.... And now it's too big LOL.

Told my hubby we're redoing our wedding pictures. I'm down with another Jamaica trip LOL.

Congrats! Hope you get your trip for your photo shoot. :)
  • DianaElena76
    edited September 2015
    Options
    5bs4agr7ov8z.jpg

I can't get over how much better I look and feel in my clothes! :)

Edited to Add: This is the sweater I referenced in my post (the petite medium). :smiley:
  • DianaElena76
    Options

That's AWESOME! And reminds me that I said I wanted to do an actual ceremony in an actual wedding dress once I "got my body back." I guess we're approaching that time! Yesterday I slipped into the dress I wore to the courthouse when we got married--a stretchy black and white flower print maxi I bought at Kohl's. It actually looks good and drapey now instead of stretched to max capacity. :)
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I hit the 50-pounds-lost mark over the weekend! I've now lost 21% of my initial body weight. :smiley:
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I forgot to mention that I hit the 50-pounds-lost mark over the weekend! I've now lost 21% of my initial body weight. :smiley:

GRATS! That's great. :D
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I comfortably fit into my "skinny jeans" that are the smallest size I've been in in the last 10-15 years. I accidentally shrunk them in the wash/dryer a few months back, and they were tight before I washed them. They are a 20W, but a friend gave me some hand-me-down 22W's from another store that still don't fit, so I have no idea what size I really am. Other than the hand me downs that may never fit, this is as small as I have in my closet, but I have an awesome friend here who's trying to give me the hookup. Just have to figure out the cheapest way to ship things across 2 states!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options

WOW! Congrats!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I comfortably fit into my "skinny jeans" that are the smallest size I've been in in the last 10-15 years. I accidentally shrunk them in the wash/dryer a few months back, and they were tight before I washed them. They are a 20W, but a friend gave me some hand-me-down 22W's from another store that still don't fit, so I have no idea what size I really am. Other than the hand me downs that may never fit, this is as small as I have in my closet, but I have an awesome friend here who's trying to give me the hookup. Just have to figure out the cheapest way to ship things across 2 states!

That's great! There's just something about getting to wear a smaller size jeans. I recently hit my all time smallest jeans in a long, long time too. What a great idea to arrange some clothing swapping... It would be cool if there were an easy and cheap way to do some trading. I have a bunch of size 10 and 12 pants and large tops. I plan to try Platos Closet first but I kinda doubt they will take anything since my stuff is more Womens styles and not teens. Goodwill got my summer batch of clothes. Now I have the fall/winter stuff to find a home for.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Weigh to Go ! Keep going !!!

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    My NSV today happened at an Apple Butter Festival I went to with my daughter, Emily. With the smell of simmering apple butter in a huge pot on an open fire, fresh popped kettle corn, funnel cake and hot apple cider, in addition to the cold temperatures really making that hot cider sound even better and the fact they did not have coffee, I RESISTED! I just got a fresh grilled hotdog and that was it! Everything smelled so good but the smell was enough. I made it through without obsessing over it or making any bargains with myself to have just a little or any of that nonsense!
    I instead treated myself to some organic handmade lotion and goat milk soaps that smelled even better. I did also get a small jar of preserves made from strawberries, blackberries and raspberries and lightly sweetened with Splenda that a lady was selling. I guess I did bargain that in small amounts I could have some in my yogurt. :)
    It was a great day and I'm ready for some more fall festivals!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    My NSV today happened at an Apple Butter Festival I went to with my daughter, Emily. With the smell of simmering apple butter in a huge pot on an open fire, fresh popped kettle corn, funnel cake and hot apple cider, in addition to the cold temperatures really making that hot cider sound even better and the fact they did not have coffee, I RESISTED! I just got a fresh grilled hotdog and that was it! Everything smelled so good but the smell was enough. I made it through without obsessing over it or making any bargains with myself to have just a little or any of that nonsense!
    I instead treated myself to some organic handmade lotion and goat milk soaps that smelled even better. I did also get a small jar of preserves made from strawberries, blackberries and raspberries and lightly sweetened with Splenda that a lady was selling. I guess I did bargain that in small amounts I could have some in my yogurt. :)
    It was a great day and I'm ready for some more fall festivals!

Wow! That's a real achievement. I just love traditional seasonal foods. It's so great that you can take joy in the sights and smells and pass on some of the tastes. Glad you found joy!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    Azuriaz wrote: »

I wonder how hard it is to bench press a flirt?

Those were big crossfit dudes. I think they may have been impressed by the fact that I can do pull-ups. I've been falling off the wagon for a few months, and managed to gain 30 lb. Hoping to get back to 150's-140's within the next year and see my pull-up numbers go up as well.

Thank you!

I don't think I have ever done a pull up in my entire life, at least not with correct form. I need to change that! So awesome that you can do those!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm back into all of my pre-kid clothes. My oldest is almost 13. :)

I'm also back into an old track jacket of my mother's that I loved in my teen years. The polyester from the late 70's is ... something else. LOL
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Great NSVs all! Congratulations!! @nvmomketo, be careful around flames with that 1970s jacket, lol! That stuff would burn in a flash! I bet it's cool looking though!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    LOL :D No kidding!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Lost another 1/2" off my waist, bringing it to just under 35"!! I knew I could feel it!

Another that I've noticed is I don't create a big wave when getting out of the bath anymore! :blush:
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Lost another 1/2" off my waist, bringing it to just under 35"!! I knew I could feel it!

Another that I've noticed is I don't create a big wave when getting out of the bath anymore! :blush:

Wow! 1/2 inch is awesome progress!
    Congrats on making smaller waves too! ;)