NSV's

Options

Replies

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I bought skinny jeans two weeks ago, that are already too big for me.

Time to invest in a belt!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    One for today: I had my first day of personal training this morning. I went in nervous and a little intimated, and left feeling powerful. I made it through the whole hour, did more crunches than I thought my abs could handle, and even bumped up the weights on a few sets. I'm impressed with myself!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    We went to a classic italian restaurant for dinner last night. I didn't touch the bread that my husband was filling himself on, customised a plate to avoid (tempting) pasta, and thoroughly enjoyed my saltimboca and brocolini. Win!!!
  • cairnsmom
    cairnsmom Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My college ring fits again! Also, very soon I'll be able to comfortably wear the beautiful deep purple amethyst ring that belonged to my late mother/law. Love me some dolled-up fingers. :smiley:
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Just imagine I clicked a "like" button for all of these posts! This thread so needs that function. I love reading these. Way to go everyone and thank you for sharing the inspiration.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing pants today that I have not worn in 5 years! I'm enjoying my "new" wardrobe - after 5 years of wearing just a handful (I refused to spend much money on clothing in a size I didn't really want to stay at).
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My size 6 Calvin Klein work pants are not even bothering to stay up on my hips anymore. After about an hour today they were sliding down and I spent the whole day yanking them up and sadly staying at the saggy material. Well, those are going right into the Goodwill pile.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    [Technically not an MFP NSVS- since this stems from before I joined MFP]

I just found some old belts in the back of a cupboard - put one on - actually its too big to put on - and scary to see how big I was a few years ago - 12" more than I am now. Keeping one as a warning reminder and throwing out the rest.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yay @Bob314159 !! This is awesome, along with the many others included in this thread!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    Options
    My favourite jeans that have been sitting in a box for five years finally fit again! And, bonus NSV, my hubby can fit into the skinny jeans he accidentally bought last year and never returned. Apparently he's been losing weight along with me, even though he adds carbs to his meals, probably due to the fact that we don't live on takeout anymore.
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @PaleolnScotland Yeah! for both of you. Life is full of good surprises.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I bought an XL (men's) size light jacket on clearance this weekend. My guy was recommending the 2X (3X's swim on me like I'm playing dress up and have for some time), but he saw the XL on me, and agreed that even though it was snug, it was far better looking than a quite loose jacket. LOL I figured if I got the smaller size, it would be more motivation to fit it comfortably.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Not only can I buckle my airline seat belt, but got to snug it up a little! :smile:
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone ! @KnitOrMiss , I use a similar strategy in order to stay motivated. I hang up a coveted item of smaller sized clothing that i really want to fit into, so that it is hanging in plain sight and I can see it daily, try it on every now and then to view my progress, etc. I find this really helps.
  • Kentuckybirdlover
    Kentuckybirdlover Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    New to this board and I know the V must be victory but exactly what is NSV?
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I love these threads :)

My NSVs so far are:
    • Less hunger
    • Less cravings
    • I can walk more without being winded
    • No longer winded going upstairs
    • I am down at least 2 pants sizes, probably more but can't tell since I was wearing stretchy pants
    • I can wear an XL shirt from the "regular" section at Macys
    • I looked at a picture my hubby took on the weekend and can see myself getting smaller!
    • One of my nighties used to be super tight on me and now they are loose and hanging like a nightie should, lol

I tumbled on Valentines Day eating cheesecake and popcorn but I am BACK on track today!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    rddennison wrote: »

Non scale victory - things you've noticed about yourself that aren't related to the number on the scale :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

Non Scale Victory - means any victory not related directly to a number on the scale - different clothing sizes, getting off medications, improved labs, health markers, things you couldn't do before...pretty much all the different things we often forget to recognize and celebrate - but the things that get us through when the scale is an elusive PITA (pain in the .... derriere)...
  • Kentuckybirdlover
    Kentuckybirdlover Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »

Non scale victory - things you've noticed about yourself that aren't related to the number on the scale :)

Thanks, Sarah. Makes sense now!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    Options
    nicintime wrote: »
    Not only can I buckle my airline seat belt, but got to snug it up a little! :smile:

That's awesome @nicintime !!! Feeling comfortable flying again is one of my top weight loss motivators. I've lied to friends and family for years and claimed a massive fear of flying as my reason for not visiting, when I was really just scared of the embarrassment of the whole experience, as well as the embarrassment of them seeing me like this.