NSV's

Options

Replies

• carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have three NSVs: 1) I no longer need a seat belt extender on planes 2) I managed to go on vacation without completely losing my mind eating carbs, although I did have higher limits than usual and 3) I got right back on plan when I returned.

@couchpotato39 - You are amazing! I completely get that! Last time I was on a plane I only just fit the seatbelt without the extender, that freaked me out. I am flying again in 2 days time and will definitely not need an extender, so happy about it. My goal is to do what you did and not lose my mind with carbs while on holiday and come back with my sanity attached and hopefully not much of a gain if any.

• carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I bought some jeans the other day, 3 sizes down from where I was at the beginning of the year. Had to take them back the next day as I realised that if I lost 1 or 2 more kilos they would fall off me, got another size lower. Wore these jeans in the weekend, they do up and are so comfy! 4 sizes down :) Also these jeans were from the 'normal' size range not the 'plus size' range.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that's a great victory and a great feeling! This will give you more momentum to continue.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    HUGE: this woe has helped me regain the health needed to return to work (I'm an RN that hasn't been able to work in ten years!)!! I am mailing the renewal for my license tomorrow (no mail today since its Columbus day) and should have an active license by weeks end!!!! I didn't believe this would ever happen! :smiley:

Wow! That's fantastic!
    I have three NSVs: 1) I no longer need a seat belt extender on planes 2) I managed to go on vacation without completely losing my mind eating carbs, although I did have higher limits than usual and 3) I got right back on plan when I returned.

That's great! Nice commitment to get right back on track too!
    carom wrote: »
    I bought some jeans the other day, 3 sizes down from where I was at the beginning of the year. Had to take them back the next day as I realised that if I lost 1 or 2 more kilos they would fall off me, got another size lower. Wore these jeans in the weekend, they do up and are so comfy! 4 sizes down :) Also these jeans were from the 'normal' size range not the 'plus size' range.

Congrats on the new clothes for the new body! I got to buy some new jeans recently too, I know how great that feels! :)
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I got lab test results today that feel like a nsv. My cholesterol and triglyceride levels are at their lowest in 5 years.

In addition, I am down from a size 14 (US) jeans to a size 10. The 10s are big enough that I need a belt. Never thought this would really happen.
  • Vilzi
    Vilzi Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    HUGE: this woe has helped me regain the health needed to return to work (I'm an RN that hasn't been able to work in ten years!)!! I am mailing the renewal for my license tomorrow (no mail today since its Columbus day) and should have an active license by weeks end!!!! I didn't believe this would ever happen! :smiley:

Congratulations Karlotta! Amazing!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

WOOOP WOOOP WOOOP! That is wonderful Karlotta! Inspirational! Way to go!

Dan
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    carom wrote: »

I need to return a pair of pants I bought recently too. They will def fall down in another few pounds!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Spending a few minutes catching up and wow, I'm so impressed with all of these successes! Congrats everyone!

I left for Red Cross deployment on 09/21 and wore a size 20 loosely. I've had to buy pants twice and if I'm here longer than another couple of weeks, I'll have to buy again. These 16s are loose now. I don't know if it's weight loss or body recomp, but smaller pants are smaller pants.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    Spending a few minutes catching up and wow, I'm so impressed with all of these successes! Congrats everyone!

I left for Red Cross deployment on 09/21 and wore a size 20 loosely. I've had to buy pants twice and if I'm here longer than another couple of weeks, I'll have to buy again. These 16s are loose now. I don't know if it's weight loss or body recomp, but smaller pants are smaller pants.

Holy moly, that's incredible! In less than a month?!!!! SWEET!!!!! :smiley:
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

You need to package "REd Cross deployment" as a weight loss boot camp - people will pay to go raising funds for the charity and help others at the same time!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Ooh, these are fantastic NSVs I had to catch up on!!

I have a bag of my clothes in the car to take to Plato's Closet today! And I was moving my summer things to the back of the closet and winter things to the front, and found a pair of misses skinny jeans I don't even remember buying, but they slid right on (wearing them today)!

Mom was talking about how she doesn't eat breakfast until late morning because her stomach usually bothers her. Then she paused and said, "except it hasn't really been lately." YES! I'm not sure if she notices yet how much more energy she's had in the past week. She's also lost that belly bump from bloat. SO happy for her! Too bad my dad won't let go of pie...
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    I realized that just because something smells delicious does not mean I have to put it in my mouth. And conversely, just because I can't eat it doesn't mean I can't enjoy the smell! What a revelation!
    eat

THIS... IS... HUGE!!!!

So much of our eating is mental or emotional - this revelation "down to your bones" is ginormous!

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ruledme just liked one of my photos on insta...! >.<
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I can fit into the dress I got for my cousin's wedding 20 years ago (when I was 16!). It's been in my wardrobe for 20 years because I loved it and I couldn't bear to part with it after only wearing it once. According to the label it's a UK size 10, I'm defo UK size 12 now so I guess sizes have changed a fair bit in 20 years! The pics are pretty dark, the first one my sister scanned from an old print, the second was taken in a small mirror :|

qwteee4ht12q.jpg
    toyb4pjzcz22.jpg
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Had NSV's this week. Friday my "Large" sized shirts came in. At my heaviest (331 lbs) I had to wear 3X. Then as I lost, I seemed to stall at 1X. But my 1X's started having a large gap in them. So I ordered Large.

I couldn't wait to try them on (I was at work), I have them shipped there because there is no one at home to receive them). So I went into the bathroom and tried it on, it fit PERFECTLY! YAY! :)

Next, I am able to retire the old large underwear, bought some 38's (my largest size was 56). But, the elastic bands in them will allow you to wear them downward quite a bit.

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    Current weight: 194.9, 119 pounds down, 16 to go. 13.75 months on diet
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    I had to google the bug thing. Acetone (which is one of the ketones you'll excrete through breath and skin) is both used as a bug repellant and to sooth the effects of bug bites. Whodathunk?!

Whoa...that explains SO MUCH! This summer I didn't get eaten alive like I normally do. In fact, I think I probably had 10 or less bites for the entire summer which is terrific compared to how it used to be for me. It seems to me that everyone has one particular pest or bug that they hate. For me, it's mosquitoes because they've plagued me and caused me so much misery over the course of my life. I hate them. Hate, hate, hate! I have not missed being the object of their affection at all! lol
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I cried. I'm not a crier. I deployed 5 weeks ago for Red Cross and loosely wore a 20. Today I bought 14s. I knew the ones I was wearing were getting baggy, but I thought I'd try the next size down anyway. I went to WalMart and it had a funky layout, but I just wandered towards clothing. I was looking at the racks and a sales associate said, "Honey, you're in the wrong section. Tiny girl clothes are on the other side." I lost it. Not a seeping tear, but full on blubbering. Lordy. Tiny? Who? Me? And then she said, "Oh honey, you're smaller than I've ever been," and that just made it worse. I guess she thought I was crying because I'd gotten bigger and wasn't tiny anymore. She let me compose myself in the fitting room where I later tried on and perfectly fit into a size 14 for the first time since the late 90s.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I cried. I'm not a crier. I deployed 5 weeks ago for Red Cross and loosely wore a 20. Today I bought 14s. I knew the ones I was wearing were getting baggy, but I thought I'd try the next size down anyway. I went to WalMart and it had a funky layout, but I just wandered towards clothing. I was looking at the racks and a sales associate said, "Honey, you're in the wrong section. Tiny girl clothes are on the other side." I lost it. Not a seeping tear, but full on blubbering. Lordy. Tiny? Who? Me? And then she said, "Oh honey, you're smaller than I've ever been," and that just made it worse. I guess she thought I was crying because I'd gotten bigger and wasn't tiny anymore. She let me compose myself in the fitting room where I later tried on and perfectly fit into a size 14 for the first time since the late 90s.

So cool... and a few of us will have shed a tear with you!
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Fasting blood glucose this morning - 88.

By way of back ground - I was diagnosed as "somewhere on the diabetes spectrum" on October 2. Within 3 days I got my feet under me, realized the ADA recommendations were a recipe for slow suicide, and started "eating to my meter." I've been within the normal range since that day, aside from three times I was testing food to see what I could tolerate - except for morning. Between 100 and 126 is defined as pre-diabetes for fasting blood sugar. I've ranged from 103 to 125.