NSV's

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Huh... That mosquito acetone thing didn't work for me while camping this summer. I had so many bites that I looked diseased. LOL

@LuizH Congrats on the dress! It looks good on you. :)
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    @2Poufs, that's great' I love that news!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    I cried. I'm not a crier. I deployed 5 weeks ago for Red Cross and loosely wore a 20. Today I bought 14s. I knew the ones I was wearing were getting baggy, but I thought I'd try the next size down anyway. I went to WalMart and it had a funky layout, but I just wandered towards clothing. I was looking at the racks and a sales associate said, "Honey, you're in the wrong section. Tiny girl clothes are on the other side." I lost it. Not a seeping tear, but full on blubbering. Lordy. Tiny? Who? Me? And then she said, "Oh honey, you're smaller than I've ever been," and that just made it worse. I guess she thought I was crying because I'd gotten bigger and wasn't tiny anymore. She let me compose myself in the fitting room where I later tried on and perfectly fit into a size 14 for the first time since the late 90s.

Holy wow! That's awesome! So happy for you to reach such a substantial milestone!
    neohdiver wrote: »
    Fasting blood glucose this morning - 88.

By way of back ground - I was diagnosed as "somewhere on the diabetes spectrum" on October 2. Within 3 days I got my feet under me, realized the ADA recommendations were a recipe for slow suicide, and started "eating to my meter." I've been within the normal range since that day, aside from three times I was testing food to see what I could tolerate - except for morning. Between 100 and 126 is defined as pre-diabetes for fasting blood sugar. I've ranged from 103 to 125.

Nice work!
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Huh... That mosquito acetone thing didn't work for me while camping this summer. I had so many bites that I looked diseased. LOL

@LuizH Congrats on the dress! It looks good on you. :)

I still got eaten up too. I guess we are still too sweet! Lol
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @2Poufs Aw. That's so awesome. :) I'm really happy for you. :)

@Sunny_Bunny_ LOL That's the positive spin!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    @ 2poufs I have a tear in my eye just reading that. Well done, you've done the work and now you are a tinier person. It is all very emotional.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I had a few NSV's.

2 Bloodwork results: Fasting Insulin from 7.1 down to 5.8 and Fasting Glucose down from 92 to 85. There were other good things in there, but these had been a big focus for me.

Anyone ever find some NSV's to be really quite annoying??? So, back a few months ago, I bought a package of chemical resistant nitrile gloves (I have weird reactions when cutting peppers). They were "one size fits most." I've always had "man hands" so I was worried they wouldn't fit. They were snug... Well, I was mixing up meatballs, and I made two batches, one carby, one not, and I did NOT want breadcrumby junk all over me, so I wore a pair of gloves. Every single time I pushed my hands into the meaty mixture and pulled them back out, the fingers parts slipped forward and tried to tug off. My palms still held the gloves on through friction and suction, but man it was annoying. I ended up tossing them in the garbage and just washing my hands repeatedly. I now have 3/4 of a box of 100 gloves or so that are too "tight" for my fiance but can't be used by me for anything other that cutting smell/liquid sensitive foods.... BAH!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    As of today I can pull down my favorite pair of work pants without unbuttoning them. A win in the weight loss department. A loss for my closet. This brings my count of pants suitable for wearing to work down to 3. I need more pants.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I had a few NSV's.

2 Bloodwork results: Fasting Insulin from 7.1 down to 5.8 and Fasting Glucose down from 92 to 85. There were other good things in there, but these had been a big focus for me.

Anyone ever find some NSV's to be really quite annoying??? So, back a few months ago, I bought a package of chemical resistant nitrile gloves (I have weird reactions when cutting peppers). They were "one size fits most." I've always had "man hands" so I was worried they wouldn't fit. They were snug... Well, I was mixing up meatballs, and I made two batches, one carby, one not, and I did NOT want breadcrumby junk all over me, so I wore a pair of gloves. Every single time I pushed my hands into the meaty mixture and pulled them back out, the fingers parts slipped forward and tried to tug off. My palms still held the gloves on through friction and suction, but man it was annoying. I ended up tossing them in the garbage and just washing my hands repeatedly. I now have 3/4 of a box of 100 gloves or so that are too "tight" for my fiance but can't be used by me for anything other that cutting smell/liquid sensitive foods.... BAH!

That's great news!

I do have an annoying NSV. My wedding and engagement rings are getting too big. If my fingers get any smaller, I will have to put them up or find one of those annoying things you can attach on the inside to hold it on.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I had a few NSV's.

That's great news!

I do have an annoying NSV. My wedding and engagement rings are getting too big. If my fingers get any smaller, I will have to put them up or find one of those annoying things you can attach on the inside to hold it on.

My rings are flopping around on my finger too. So annoying.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is a victory or not, but hubby asked the other day why my breasts have gotten smaller. I said, "Duh, because they were mostly made of fat!" He doesn't like them as much now, but guess what--I'd much rather be smaller everywhere than feel gross but have nice cleavage. :naughty:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is a victory or not, but hubby asked the other day why my breasts have gotten smaller. I said, "Duh, because they were mostly made of fat!" He doesn't like them as much now, but guess what--I'd much rather be smaller everywhere than feel gross but have nice cleavage. :naughty:

So much agreement here sister!!!!!!! I can't tell where exactly I'm shrinking from in that department, but I know I am because my undergarments don't fit properly, and taking them in isn't a perfect fit, but goodness above and below, any time I'd lost weight in the past, I'd always wanted to lose there and I never did (I lost firmness, but not "size." I know, many women hate me for this, but DDD+ is just not even fun on the back. I wish it were possible to downsize proportionately...but alas...

I'd tell him, "these lovely knockers nursed your three children. Are you going to complain? Now that I'm done with that, they won't 'fill out' the same."
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    I've only lost a couple of pounds in the past week and a half, but pants that I found in my closet that were a little tight then, are already getting loose! I wanted these pants to last me through Christmas! I wanted to hold off shopping until the after Christmas sales.
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There are 3 other people at my office eating a lower carb diet now and are seeing great results not because I pushed it on them but because they saw my results and wanted to try it. Also a friend of mine (who co owns a fitness product company with his brother who is a big gym addict) believed in a very "traditional" low fat high carb diet with lots of exercise was the only way to lose weight. He saw what I was eating and my results and has started cutting down on the carbs recently to try and get into better shape for his wedding next year. Being an inspiration to other people is such a weird feeling but a big NSV.
  • ndvoice
    ndvoice Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did bridges today!! (Those things where you lay on the floor, knees bent, and lift your rear off the ground). This is my first time doing them in YEARS and my first time trying them since back surgery this year. Victory!!!
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    smuller73 wrote: »
    There are 3 other people at my office eating a lower carb diet now and are seeing great results not because I pushed it on them but because they saw my results and wanted to try it. Also a friend of mine (who co owns a fitness product company with his brother who is a big gym addict) believed in a very "traditional" low fat high carb diet with lots of exercise was the only way to lose weight. He saw what I was eating and my results and has started cutting down on the carbs recently to try and get into better shape for his wedding next year. Being an inspiration to other people is such a weird feeling but a big NSV.

I have a similar story. There is a lady here in the office that heard me say something a few weeks ago about eating low-carb and she went off on me, saying how it isn't healthy...blah...blah...blah. I just looked at her and ignored her and continued the conversation I was having with another co-worker. Well...I started smelling bacon being cooked in the microwave a couple of weeks ago...guess who is now trying to eat more protein and less carbs??!?!?!!!? Hmmm...she now has a baggie of pre-cooked bacon and hard boiled eggs in the fridge to heat up in the mornings for breakfast. Since I'm a person that hates confrontation and the fact that I work in the same department, as much as I'd like to get all up in her face about it, I won't. The other co-worker that I was talking to and heard the exchange and I just laugh amongst ourselves about it.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @petunia773 your approach shows how we can change minds without verbal debates. Some people will go home and use Goggle to support their false diet views and convert themselves.
  • cynlyn2010
    cynlyn2010 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    95 % less pain and inflammation from my Fibromayalgia and RA, more energy, TONS of compliments! I love LCHF.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Clothes shopping, in an actual store (instead of my closet) yesterday. Tops are now size L. I've never been smaller than XL in my adult life!!!

I have not dropped any new weight since June 1st (yes you read that right) but I am shrinking and feel fabulous! THATS WHAT MATTERS MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE!! I'm sooooo glad I've stuck with it!
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    @petunia773 your approach shows how we can change minds without verbal debates. Some people will go home and use Goggle to support their false diet views and convert themselves.

True. And I hope she and others can notice the 26 pound weight loss I've had in the last 75 days I've been eating this way. It's amazing.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I agree weight loss over time without regains I think is the best selling point we can make to our own worlds. I have had 100%+ regains for the past 40 years but that must be a thing of the past at my age. No cravings should make it finally doable.