NSV's

Options

Replies

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    These brighten my day and lighten my soul. Victories!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    After ten years of being unable to work due to physical limitations and chronic pain (I'm an RN), I AM GOING BACK TO WORK!!! I feel too good to continue staying home! I've wished every day for the ability to return to work, but had accepted that it would probably never happen! Now it has!!

Yahooooo!!! I'm so proud of you Karlotta! Way to go. Your hard work and wise choices have paid off!

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Dan!! It's your blog that drew me here to this group!! Your inspiration, along with so many others here, has been brilliantly helping me regain my life again! This was not expected, I just wanted to lose weight a different way, since I had tried all other ways! Thank you! Your posts are always helpful!!
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    This is the first thread I look for in this group. So happy for and proud of each of you. My NSV may not sound like much but over the last 2 months stress has been rampant at work and in my personal life. However, even though I have some BAD days I've been able to maintain my weight and am still feeling the benefits as long as I stick to my macros on average. I have confidence that I'll be able to make it to my goal now that life is a little more mellow (Down 40lbs and 15 more to go.)

Thank you all for sharing!

Hang in there. This too shall pass. We're here for you and know you can do it. Don't beat yourself up. Just don't lose sight of your goal
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I need new underwear. Mine is getting all baggy and droopy. Yes, I have droopy drawers.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    I need new underwear. Mine is getting all baggy and droopy. Yes, I have droopy drawers.

Isn't that the best feeling?
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »

Yes, except I hate shopping, so I keep wearing the droopy ones. lol.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Two people in the office this morning complimented me on my weight loss...wearing a pair of dress pants that a couple of weeks ago I couldn't comfortably button but today there is extra room.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

Consider doing a quick straight stitch up the side seams. Taking off an inch or 3 on each side could easily cinch them up to where you can keep wearing for another size or two.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

Consider doing a quick straight stitch up the side seams. Taking off an inch or 3 on each side could easily cinch them up to where you can keep wearing for another size or two.

I don't know how much that would help because they are bagging across the bottom. They still stay up on my hips, just there is nothing filling them up in the back side.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

I don't know how much that would help because they are bagging across the bottom. They still stay up on my hips, just there is nothing filling them up in the back side.

do the side stitch (or try this other first), then fold the entire top elastic down an inch or more. If you've a machine, do a zig-zag stitch to allow for stretch (at the fold first, then do a tack stitch on the sides. Don't sew where the elastic is...you'll lose the stretch). You could do a stitch in the bottom, but it's more complicated. I personally am not ready to go buy 20 pair of underwear in a size I have every intention of shrinking out of. Oh, and try washing them on the hottest hot and drying them on the hottest hot, too. Doesn't always work, but will for some.
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I did my first half marathon Saturday morning, and finished with a 9:55/mile pace. Now I'm hooked--signed up for another one in two weeks...Fitbit summary of my run (distance and time are a little off because I forgot to stop it when I crossed the finish line):

93zpwr7qs0zo.jpg
    Half.jpg 217.3K
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome distance and pace, @ceciliaslater!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I went jean shopping, solidly into a size 4, a 2 in some pants. Now why the hell do jeans have to be so friggin expensive???
  • jayne12469
    jayne12469 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    HAD to wear a belt with my favorite black slacks today. Wait, there's more! This is happening 10 days after my vacation, which was a cruise. Managed to avoid the bread, potatoes and pasta while on board, but indulged in, shall we say, more than one dessert. Jumped right back on the LCHF bandwagon when I got home, the water weight is gone, and I'm continuing on my merry way to a smaller me!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I did my first half marathon Saturday morning, and finished with a 9:55/mile pace. Now I'm hooked--signed up for another one in two weeks...Fitbit summary of my run (distance and time are a little off because I forgot to stop it when I crossed the finish line):

Wow! Great time. Congrats!!
    I went jean shopping, solidly into a size 4, a 2 in some pants. Now why the hell do jeans have to be so friggin expensive???

A 4!? Wow. That's got to be satisfying. ;)
    I like getting some jeans second hand. I have found some great quality clothes that I would never have spent the money on for their new price tag.
    jayne12469 wrote: »
    HAD to wear a belt with my favorite black slacks today. Wait, there's more! This is happening 10 days after my vacation, which was a cruise. Managed to avoid the bread, potatoes and pasta while on board, but indulged in, shall we say, more than one dessert. Jumped right back on the LCHF bandwagon when I got home, the water weight is gone, and I'm continuing on my merry way to a smaller me!

Way to get right back to it!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Feel alive, no more fatigue, within a week of changing to low carb. Not getting virus that my friends had, despite staying with them. 3 weeks in and my knee high boots zipping up, no explosion risk. I can even fit my new skinny pants tucked into them. Doing my happy dance!
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My greatest NSV is my mood is more stable. I had mild depression and anxiety and it took about 4 months into keto to really notice the difference.
  • crunchketo
    crunchketo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bras!
    Two months ago I had to buy bigger bras and now I'm down 2" and back in the old ones! (They need replacing but very joyful to be back to that size). Can't wait to get down to where I need to buy new ones!!
  • norcogrrl
    norcogrrl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wow. Where do I start? Lol.

Note that I am on a low-carb paleo/primal hybrid diet. It is almost a full elimination diet, but I can still eat high fat dairy. My NSVs will most certainly reflect this.

My disordered eating has been resolved. I now see food as fuel, and I don't binge, eat for comfort, or eat out of boredom anymore. My emotional dependency on food has been eliminated.

My blood sugar has stabilized to a very narrow window of values, and it is completely within the "green zone" throughout the whole day. I no longer have crazy blood sugar plummets where I feel like I'm going throw up and/or pass out.

I no longer suffer from gas and bloating.

My IBS has seemingly vanished.

Plaque doesn't build up much on my teeth anymore.

I've lost 1.5 inches off my waist in 2.5 weeks.

My energy levels are consistent throughout the day.

I'm eating much slower now and chewing my food better. I taste my food now. This is a weird one! I used to shovel it into my face and swallow it after a couple of chews. I never even really tasted it.