NSV's

Options

Replies

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Just realised when I added my 400 ml glasses up that I am drinking over a gallon of water a day. Pretty cool for someone that hated water.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I went for my 6 month check up today at the dentist and I happen to be just over 6 months into Keto. My dentist said "I don't know what you're doing, but keep doing it". The hygienist was done super quick compared to all the scraping that typically goes on. I've always been good about dental care including flossing, so it has nothing to due with a change in that behavior. Probably just due to the fact I no longer eat a box of chewy lemonheads almost every day... But it's just another great NSV of low carb eating!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    My ring is really, really, loose. Going to have to get an adjuster thing for it.
  • sweetsriracha23
    sweetsriracha23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today's NSV: I'm much more effective at pushups! And my yoga teacher complimented me on my extension in three-legged downward dog. :)
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I need a belt to hold up my jeans and all my tops fit.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I said outloud to a friend that I felt slim. And I believe that I do feel that way most of the time. Pretty amazing for someone with body dysmorphia and after losing 120 pounds. Saying it out loud for the first time felt good.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yay @elize7!! The slim feeling is real! I, too, lost 118 pounds before, but never felt the thinness like I do with this woe, and it happened fast too! The loss of belly fat, among some of us, is the reason (yep, you've lost FAT, while eating it!), and I love the feeling!!! Best to you!!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Now wearing size 48 pants, down from 54 in spring time.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yay @Bob314159!!! You are ROCKIN this woe!!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Just did measurements. The original ones were when starting a 6-month Transformer DietBet (8/31), not when starting keto on 11/2, but I was only 2.8 lbs below my 8/31 measurements on 11/2 so at least 2/3 of my progress has been just since starting keto 2 weeks ago.

Anyhow, since 8/31, I've lost 1" from my natural waist, 1.5" from my waist at belly button level, 1" from my hips, 0.5" from my butt, and 1" from the top of each thigh. I had gone up 2 clothing sizes over the course of a year and just since starting keto I've been able to go back down a size in pants/jeans, and my size "M" shirts are fitting a lot more comfortably again. Looking forward to getting back into my AE jeggings; I never let myself buy new ones two sizes up and I have missed them!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Just did measurements. The original ones were when starting a 6-month Transformer DietBet

Was that diet more than meets the eye?

I'm sorry... I'm a dork.
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Went to my husbands end of year function on Saturday, for the first time in a few years I didn't stress about being the "fat wife" (not that my husband ever made me feel that way I just always felt inferior to some of the other skinny wives) Felt sexy and slim and got many complements on my weight loss from people who haven't seen me since last year and I was also very pleased with myself over my food choices. I had lovely steak medallions with grilled eggplant and mozzarella (gave the potato wedges that came with it to my husband) was not tempted by dessert and munched happily on some blue cheese from the cheese platter instead. Think I am going to be able to handle Christmas this year without going off plan. :)
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Just had lunch with a friend I haven't seen since December who commented that I look so different! <3
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Just did measurements. The original ones were when starting a 6-month Transformer DietBet

Was that diet more than meets the eye?

I'm sorry... I'm a dork.

One of my 6-year-olds loves Transformers so that did make me chuckle. :)
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Was looking for a winter jacket. I'm looking on the Large section. My grandaughter picks out a style for me and I try it on. When I get home, after a closer look, I found it was actually a medium. I really can't believe it fits.
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Most of my Extra Large sizes are getting to big. Wow! To think I was wearing size 24/22W not too long ago! I'm still scared to try on a large because I don't want a negative try out. I am just accepting it as slow as possible. :-)
  • glossbones
    Options
    Traded in some jackets at a consignment shop for a new pair of jeans (noticed the one holdout pair I've got left is about to wear through in spots).

The new jeans are the same size but they are tailored to my body shape, which I am now delighted to display! My husband thought they looked fantastic, so now I know all jeans I buy will be form-fit!

The NSV of this is that I once would have run from jeans that advertised they were for women who are "ample in the thigh" - but now that I'm feeling far more slender than I ever have, I'm able to see that's a feature, not a bug!
  • jesslintch
    jesslintch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been LCHF for just over a month. I get tempted and have had a few slip-ups, but today was a proud moment. There is a grocery store close to work that has been convenient for a stop when I forget something. I used to go in for a frozen meal for lunch and leave with a frozen meal, a bottled coffee drink, a pack of eclairs, cookies for my "students" and more...you get the picture. Today I forgot my water jug and was slightly hungry after my BPC. I left with a 3 liters of water, a pack of hard salami and a pack of Havarti slices. o:)
  • glossbones
    Options
    jesslintch wrote: »
    I've been LCHF for just over a month. I get tempted and have had a few slip-ups, but today was a proud moment. There is a grocery store close to work that has been convenient for a stop when I forget something. I used to go in for a frozen meal for lunch and leave with a frozen meal, a bottled coffee drink, a pack of eclairs, cookies for my "students" and more...you get the picture. Today I forgot my water jug and was slightly hungry after my BPC. I left with a 3 liters of water, a pack of hard salami and a pack of Havarti slices. o:)

Great work!!

That ability to just walk past the junk is a super power!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I needed to wear jeans to work today, so yesterday I went to the local store to pick up a non-ripped pair that actually fits. I tried on a few size six's, and a few size eights. They all fit fine (except a pair with a funky zipper), but they had a really low waist that was a bit loose. The one size eight was the only pair that had a high waist. They felt loose, but not too bad, and I really needed a pair, so I grabbed them. When I got home, I looked at the label, and to my surprise, they were actually... size six. So apparently I am getting to the stage where some size 6 pants are getting a bit too big. On another note, I shaved 30 seconds off my two-mile run time and added 5 sit-ups in the last two weeks. That's what I call a good start.