NSV's

Options

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Went out dancing recently. A person who I've been inappropriately crushing on came over and talked to me and danced with me, too. If the age difference wasn't so extreme... I might have tried out some serious flirting moves! Still, what a rush, right?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    LOL Good for you!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    We had holiday photos taken on Friday. When I selected the poses I wanted on our Christmas cards, I actually picked one that shows my whole body. That has never ever ever happened before. I'm so proud of how far I've come! Of course, hubby thinks he looks fat in it, but he wasn't there when I picked it, and I didn't see what he sees anyway.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    We had holiday photos taken on Friday. When I selected the poses I wanted on our Christmas cards, I actually picked one that shows my whole body. That has never ever ever happened before. I'm so proud of how far I've come! Of course, hubby thinks he looks fat in it, but he wasn't there when I picked it, and I didn't see what he sees anyway.

Like you @Mami1976D , I have a photo NSV. My colleague was retiring and we had a bit of an event for her. Her daughter is a photographer and came in and took photos of various groups with the lady who was retiring. There are several of me in the front row (because I'm shorter) and I don't hate what I look like! That is so awesome for me - I usually try to be the family photographer so there aren't photos of me where I hate how I look. I am looking forward to the day when I will be jumping in front of the camera for photos! I actually am starting to feel sorry for people who have always been slim as they don't know how good it feels when you are on the way back down!

It was also good because when I turn on my camera on my phone and accidentally turn it round into selfie mode (I'm always doing that) I usually look completely terrible as the camera is looking up from below at my double chin and gormless look (because I've done something stupid again!). So I haven't been expecting to feel good about how I look in a photo because those are glimpses of something dreadful, and it was great to look at a photo and not feel bad!

(I have a scale victory today as well - 50lbs lost! I wasn't really working up to it as I work in stones and pounds as I am in the UK, so when I added it up it was a pleasant surprise - a sort of a milestone, with another one of a "stone milestone" (moving from 12 stone something to 11 stone something) coming up before Christmas I sincerely hope!). Maybe another 20 lbs to go to a "normal" weight.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    So fantastic, @totaloblivia! Here is a photo from last Christmas (all of us in red) and one from our holiday shoot this year. 6j5me258h3a3.png
    f2skte0oh7p9.jpg
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    What a great change! I'd definitely want to hang those framed photos next to each other with the year printed beneath! :D
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    What a great change! I'd definitely want to hang those framed photos next to each other with the year printed beneath! :D

LOL, great idea! :)
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    @Mami1976D what cuties your kids are! You look great too!
  • DianaElena76
    Options

Thank you. I like to think I make pretty babies. :wink:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

Just for the record, that requires a pretty mama/good genetics, too. Remember, when we compliment your babies, we compliment you too. For the record, you're definitely a member of the "one hot mama!" club. :)
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

Just for the record, that requires a pretty mama/good genetics, too. Remember, when we compliment your babies, we compliment you too. For the record, you're definitely a member of the "one hot mama!" club. :)

:blush::grin::blush:
  • cynlyn2010
    cynlyn2010 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    New NSV. I work in a bank in a small town, everyone knows everyone, kind of town. Every year at this time customers start to bring in all kinds of cookies, candies, and fudge for us. I just realized this morning with all the cookies and candy sitting on the breakroom table that I wasn't even tempted. Wow...I'm completely amazed. No appeal what so ever. I had already realized I felt this way about bread, rolls and pasta. I used to love those things, now I don't even like how they feel in my mouth. This WOE is just amazing.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    @Mami1976D Wow. That is a big difference. Ditto the others - you are a good looking family! :)

@cynlyn2010 Ignoring free tasty food is a big one! Excellent! :)
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    @Mami1976D Wow. That is a big difference. Ditto the others - you are a good looking family! :)

Thank you! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Mami1976D, beautiful pictures!

@cynlyn2010, way to go! That's the strength that no other woe can produce, so glad you're enjoying the full benefit (yea, pun intended, lol!)!! Simply awesome!

My newest NSV is in a picture too! We had hubbys Christmas dinner this evening so I got to dress up! I felt so good wearing this dress! Btw: purchased on "Black Friday" online from Belk.com, for $39.80 (regular price was $88) and is size 14!!!
    vrd5cbt7s17r.jpg

This will be my woe, for life! Hugs!
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    Lovely picture! You are really getting that hour glass shape now. :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @nvmomketo, I'm blushing, but have been so happy to see some curves hidden under all that fat! Thank you!
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm 1/3 of my way to my 67.3 lb weight loss goal (i.e. down 22.3 lbs), and the FIRST person finally noticed I'd lost weight. Yay!! (And the difference should be obvious since I can now pull off the pants that were tight when I started without unfastening them).

The first odd thing about her noticing is, the last time she saw me around a year ago I didn't weigh much more then than I do now.

The second odd thing is, she just came out and said, "How much weight have you lost?" (rather than posing it as a question about whether I have been losing weight). She said it in front of a person who has seen me about every other week for the last several years, including the last couple of months as I'm losing weight - who just kind of stared at her like, "What are you talking about ???"
  • Standsfast
    Standsfast Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @neohdiver How great to start having all your hard work recognized!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    I grew a beard to give me gravitas.

Now I'm slim,

I just feel badass!

I did grew a beard so no one said I looked too thin due to losing my fat face.