NSV's

Options

Replies

• moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Someone who hasn't seen me since February of 2014 had to do a double take when they saw me today in the supermarket! They couldn't believe how much weight I have lost. Makes you feel good.
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Ok this is somewhat embarrassing but here it goes.....

I have had toenail fungus since about 15 years old, I am 34. I have always heard that fungus feed off sugar. So since I started this WOE I started a home remedy for my nails and it's been a month and they are getting better. God willing if I keep up this WOE by next summer I will finally be able to get a pedicure!

I think it's both that are helping, not eating sugar (well not like before) and the home remedy.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Ok this is somewhat embarrassing but here it goes.....

I have had toenail fungus since about 15 years old, I am 34. I have always heard that fungus feed off sugar. So since I started this WOE I started a home remedy for my nails and it's been a month and they are getting better. God willing if I keep up this WOE by next summer I will finally be able to get a pedicure!

I think it's both that are helping, not eating sugar (well not like before) and the home remedy.

That's a great NSV!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I'm finally below 170lbs, so my doctor and dietitian upped my calories from 1,003 max and 700-800 suggested to 1,250 max and 1,111 suggested. My weight loss will slow, but it'll keep going. The starvation symptoms should begin easing soon, although it'll take a year or more for my hair to come back.

I can also get rid of my in-home heart monitor. For over a year, I've been hooked to an EKG when I'm at home and a Holter monitor when I'm not. The EKG goes away, although the Holter will stay for a few more months when I'm exercising or deployed. I'm down to 1 cardiac FMRI a year instead of every 3 months and lab work to every 3 months instead of weekly.

I'm gonna make it... providing I don't get hit my a bus or fall off the roof while cleaning the gutters!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Oh, what a wonderful NSV @ki4eld!! The health improvements that come from this wol are so amazing! So happy for you!

@moonius, I'm experiencing the double takes now too! It does feel good!!

@ vazquezmom7, wonderful testimony to more of the benefits of this woe! This adds to the motivation to maintain it too!
  • SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I ordered a dress online for the works Christmas function, was really annoyed that the size I needed UK 20 had sold out, also the next size down.

So I ordered it in the size 16 with the intention of wearing it hopefully for a function I am attending in February......

I tried it on when it came last night....IT FITS NOW !! YIPPEE
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    SlimSonic wrote: »

Awesome! That's a great feeling!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I ordered a dress online for the works Christmas function, was really annoyed that the size I needed UK 20 had sold out, also the next size down.

So I ordered it in the size 16 with the intention of wearing it hopefully for a function I am attending in February......

What a nice surprise to have!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Those are really great NSVs!!

I'm wearing the belt I wore when I was 20 - over half a life time ago. Another few weeks and I'll be able to move in another hole. :)

I'm also surprised by how sharp my inner knee bones and hip bones are. I don't remember them being pointy. LOL
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Those are really great NSVs!!

I'm wearing the belt I wore when I was 20 - over half a life time ago. Another few weeks and I'll be able to move in another hole. :)

I'm also surprised by how sharp my inner knee bones and hip bones are. I don't remember them being pointy. LOL

Lol! I have noticed the pointy hip bones as well.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Every year I bake 20-35 pumpkin pies. Tonight was the pumpkin fest - turning the first round of pumpkins into mush.

I lugged the heavy bowl of mush out to the garage to keep it chilly overnight, but before I lugged it out I weighed it. It weighed 15.3 lbs - but felt like it weighed a ton. In reality, it weighed 3 pounds less than I have lost in the last 7 weeks.

Nice reality check (both visual and physical), since I'd been feeling like the loss has been relatively small, so far.
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Yea! I know the feeling!
  • TBeverly49
    Options
    I am starting to get strangers (men) opening the doors for me, smiling and saying hello. I am even having women walk by and say hello without turned down eyes. I bought a size large dress (knit) last week and when I changing out of my Church clothes today, I thought oh why not!----It fit me! Not even tight in the belly area! I realize its a knit, but straight knits are not to forgiving most of the time! I am in love with the picture I saw in the mirror. happy dance!
  • TBeverly49
    Options
    moonius wrote: »
    Someone who hasn't seen me since February of 2014 had to do a double take when they saw me today in the supermarket! They couldn't believe how much weight I have lost. Makes you feel good.

You have had a great journey. Most people should take a double take! Congrats
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My husband posted a picture of me and him that he took at his work end of year function on Facebook and made it his profile picture and I didn't hate it and make him take it down. In fact I quite liked it.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    As I was walking in from the parking lot the other day, a neighbor called out to me asking if I was getting ready for the catwalk! Wowza! Made my day. Feels good to be noticed again. Wasn't even dressed up!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The cashier at my local Aldi grocery store called me "Sir" instead of the usual "Mate". LOL
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I grew a beard to give me gravitas.

Now I'm slim,

I just feel badass!
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was wearing pants that were cutting into my waist 7 weeks ago. I had been enjoying how loose they felt - and pulled them off without unfastening them last night :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    All great NSVs! :)
    neohdiver wrote: »
    Every year I bake 20-35 pumpkin pies. Tonight was the pumpkin fest - turning the first round of pumpkins into mush.

I lugged the heavy bowl of mush out to the garage to keep it chilly overnight, but before I lugged it out I weighed it. It weighed 15.3 lbs - but felt like it weighed a ton. In reality, it weighed 3 pounds less than I have lost in the last 7 weeks.

Nice reality check (both visual and physical), since I'd been feeling like the loss has been relatively small, so far.

Great way to put it in perspective!