NSV's

Options

Replies

• Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    The Man, who is low carbing with me, and I went to the local TJ Maxx yesterday. He found some jeans, but they didn't have it in his usual size (36). I urged him to try the smaller size, just for giggles. He grabbed the 34's, and went off into the fitting room. When he danced back out, not only did they fit - they were loose on him! He couldn't stop talking about it for the whole day.
    Seeing him happy, healthy and getting fit is a huge NSV for me.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    My office at work has been relocated two floors above where I have been working for the past few months. I was up and down those stairs all day today, since the printer/ copier/ fax machine is located on the main floor. Those stairs are so easy now, where in the past, walking up two or three flights would have me winded. I have learned that I have to walk up 5 flights of stairs before my breathing gets heavier and I am still not out of breath at that stage! I had planned to make my workplace my personal gym this winter, but it's already happening and it feels great.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Just finished the first half of the pie-baking marathon & managed not to eat any of the pie dough trimmings. I don't think I've ever baked a single pie - let alone 16 - without eating the dough trimmings (butter, flour & salt...yum!)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    That is an impressive NSV for this time of year!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I just ate the innards of a jalapeno and cheese kolache without even considering eating the bread. :)
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    Also, hubby took this picture of me (my new profile pic with my son as a TMNT), and I couldn't believe how slim I looked. Had I not been hiding in head to toe black last Halloween and avoiding the camera, I would post a comparison.
  • cynlyn2010
    cynlyn2010 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited! I just had a complete CBC and Metabolic workup, as well as a lipid panel. My doctor was extremely happy with the results. Cholestoral,(I'm certain I misspelled that!) is down. Triglicerydes (again, can't spell) are down, blood sugars perfect. Blood pressure is also low enough to now go off medications. All liver and kidney functions are fantastic, thyroid is great, best workup I've had in years! (and I have one every three months) So to all the haters who think all LCHF eaters are going to die of heart attacks, take that!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    So, most of you have seen now that I went on a full on carb fest from 11/20 to 11/29, completely intentionally, gained almost 10 pounds in 10 days.

Well, today is Day 4 back on Keto, and so far, I'm GOLDEN. No carb flu (knock on wood), no headaches, no weirdness, etc. I'm salting myself like crazy and just working to get back going. Oh, and so far I think I'm down around 5 pounds of that water mess. No real cravings or anything. And I literally drank a liter of pepsi on 11/29, and went back to keto 11/30.

Not only all this, but I didn't have all the horrible effects of eating carbs I thought I would. Guess as long as low carb is my base, and as long as I don't go off plan too long or too often, I've regained some metabolic flexibility... That feels so awesome.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    The Man, who is low carbing with me, and I went to the local TJ Maxx yesterday. He found some jeans, but they didn't have it in his usual size (36). I urged him to try the smaller size, just for giggles. He grabbed the 34's, and went off into the fitting room. When he danced back out, not only did they fit - they were loose on him! He couldn't stop talking about it for the whole day.
    Seeing him happy, healthy and getting fit is a huge NSV for me.

Love this!!
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    Size 14 skinny jeans! (Down from size 22 when I started 9 months ago.) I no longer need to shop in the plus size section! :)
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Just bought a new suit for an upcoming wedding- current one is 52 waist and was hoping to fit into a 48, ended up with a 46, a bit tight - but if I lose another 2 pounds in 2 weeks it will be just right.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Viva la skinny jean! Now that I can wear them, I'm annoyed to see the fashion industry heading back to straight and wide legs...
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    All great. :) Congrats!
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Went in for my 2 months post-diagnosis check-up (Hashimoto's thyroiditis, diabetes, and Vit. D deficiency). The first question they asked was, "Did we record your weight incorrectly the last time you were here?" (I was down 20.2 lbs per his scale from two months ago - I guess technically that is a scale victory, but the assumption that the prior weight couldn't possibly have been correct tickled me.

Dr. was thrilled on the diabetes front - and he supports low carb (although he is having a bit of a challenge wrapping his mind around the arithmetic . . . No, if I'm also limiting protein I can't make up the calorie difference by eating more of veggies my body tolerates because they are all very low calorie - adding higher calorie veggies means adding carbs). We're doing a dance about statins, and how directly cholesterol is linked to CAD - but a full discussion on that is delayed to March.

All in all, I'm pleased - I achieved what I set out to do (control both blood glucose & be down 20 lbs by the visit). Next goal - keep the BG under control & be down another 20 lbs (the loss will slow by then since I will be closer to my maintenance weight).
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    @neohdiver That is fantastic!

Mine is almost a scale victory. I took my measurements for the first time in 4 months. It was sooooo satisfying. :)

The first number is from July 19th when I weighed 175 (down 10-15lbs already), and the second number is from today (at 151 lbs). My goal is ~140 lbs (I'm 5'8"). Measurements are taken at the largest/widest part. The parenthesis are how many inches I lost.

Weight = 175 lbs, 151lbs
    Neck = 13.5", 13" ( down -0.5")
    Waist (at belly button)= 41", 34" ( - 8")
    Hip = 43", 40" ( -3")
    Right Calf = 14.5", 13.25" ( - 1.25")
    Right Bicep = 13.5", 12.5" ( - 1")
    Chest = 37", 35" ( - 2")
    Right Thigh = 25.5", 23" (- 2.5")

I knew I was smaller but yay! It's a bit disturbing that my waist was three quarters of a foot larger this last summer. LOL
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    neohdiver wrote: »
    Went in for my 2 months post-diagnosis check-up (Hashimoto's thyroiditis, diabetes, and Vit. D deficiency). The first question they asked was, "Did we record your weight incorrectly the last time you were here?" (I was down 20.2 lbs per his scale from two months ago - I guess technically that is a scale victory, but the assumption that the prior weight couldn't possibly have been correct tickled me.

Dr. was thrilled on the diabetes front - and he supports low carb (although he is having a bit of a challenge wrapping his mind around the arithmetic . . . No, if I'm also limiting protein I can't make up the calorie difference by eating more of veggies my body tolerates because they are all very low calorie - adding higher calorie veggies means adding carbs). We're doing a dance about statins, and how directly cholesterol is linked to CAD - but a full discussion on that is delayed to March.

All in all, I'm pleased - I achieved what I set out to do (control both blood glucose & be down 20 lbs by the visit). Next goal - keep the BG under control & be down another 20 lbs (the loss will slow by then since I will be closer to my maintenance weight).

That's awesome!! I can't wait to hear how statins are off the table come March!
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    We or maybe just me can let my weight define me. Years ago I was cheated on with a very unattractive woman, but she was smaller than me. By smaller I mean regular size. She had nothing going for her, no job, tons of kids (9)........different fathers, no job, no morals/ambitions...slept with whoever stood still long enough, but to me she was put into n a pedastool because of her size. I remember thinking if I was smaller.....this and that.... And I just knew she looked down on me...no wonder he was cheating....look how fat she is. Today I saw her, with a few of her children at the grocery store....and she took a double, no triple take when she looked at me. I knew she knew who I was, but it could tell she was shocked by the difference from the last time she saw me. I made eye contact, to let her know I knew who she was also, but in my mind I was thinking.......Yaaaaaaas *kitten* yaaaassss it's me!!!!!!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    We or maybe just me can let my weight define me. Years ago I was cheated on with a very unattractive woman, but she was smaller than me. By smaller I mean regular size. She had nothing going for her, no job, tons of kids (9)........different fathers, no job, no morals/ambitions...slept with whoever stood still long enough, but to me she was put into n a pedastool because of her size. I remember thinking if I was smaller.....this and that.... And I just knew she looked down on me...no wonder he was cheating....look how fat she is. Today I saw her, with a few of her children at the grocery store....and she took a double, no triple take when she looked at me. I knew she knew who I was, but it could tell she was shocked by the difference from the last time she saw me. I made eye contact, to let her know I knew who she was also, but in my mind I was thinking.......Yaaaaaaas *kitten* yaaaassss it's me!!!!!!

Plus your hair is great too! Good for you!
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    @Jbarnes1210 It's crazy how we cana judge people, good and bad, based on weight.... Well, you definitely look great now.

And the hair is cool. :)
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! @nvmomketo and @totaloblivia