NSV's

Options

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    So many have done so well on this WOE. I yo-yo'ed for 40 years. I have been drifting lower, maintaining then drifting lower again for the past 15 months on this WOE. Health markers best in like forever and still just under 200 with next to no pain for the first time in 40 years and the best health in 20 years.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    So many have done so well on this WOE. I yo-yo'ed for 40 years. I have been drifting lower, maintaining then drifting lower again for the past 15 months on this WOE. Health markers best in like forever and still just under 200 with next to no pain for the first time in 40 years and the best health in 20 years.

Wonderful!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

I feel similarly. Sometimes I kick myself for not having started this WOE sooner when I think about the pain I could have saved myself from, and the experiences I missed out on because of less than stellar health.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I really love reading these! Very inspiring and I love celebrating successes with you all.
    Here are mine:
    *Made it this far through both Thanksgiving and the Christmas season without eating any keto-unfriendly sweets, even though there have been Christmas cookies and chocolate chip cookies in the house, loads of candy, etc. and there were a ton of tempting desserts at last night's Christmas party.
    * AFAIK I've stayed in ketosis all but one day (I don't test every single day but when in doubt--and at various other times--I've tested) since I started keto on 11/2.
    * I tried on the jeggings I've been trying to fit back into (along with a lot of my other clothes from 2013-14 before I gained 20 lbs) and they are close to fitting!! They zipped up no problem with not too crazy of a muffin top. ;) I'm getting close to that goal!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Ok this is somewhat embarrassing but here it goes.....

I have had toenail fungus since about 15 years old, I am 34. I have always heard that fungus feed off sugar. So since I started this WOE I started a home remedy for my nails and it's been a month and they are getting better. God willing if I keep up this WOE by next summer I will finally be able to get a pedicure!

I think it's both that are helping, not eating sugar (well not like before) and the home remedy.

I am so glad for you! I had the same thing. On my big toe for years. It would never go away. I never did treat it. Then when I started the Keto diet, I took a pic of it. As months went on, I noticed it started moving upward/forward. Now its been 15 months and finally its totally scrolled off! <3:)

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Before LCHF any costume jewelry would produce sores, wherever it was worn. I had to have real gold, so, my jewelry collection was limited. Now, I am able to wear it (I think some of it is beautiful!) Without any of those sores... case in point: I am using a cheapo type band since my wedding rings are too loose, and I've been able to wear some costume Christmas earrings (made by a friend) without any sores breaking out too!

I would have never expected this, but am happy about it!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    @karlottap that's a really interesting "side effect," so to speak!

For me, I had pre-planned my Christmas Day eating. I did plan to indulge in a small cinnamon roll at breakfast and a small piece of lower-carb chocolate cream pie for dinner dessert (about 15gm carbs). However, after breakfast and lunch I decided I really didn't want the pie ... instead, I wanted to make brussels sprouts with bacon as another side for Christmas dinner. My NSV is that it actually sounded better to me than the pie! :)

DH made most of dinner (ham with gravy, rolls, mashed potatoes, peas with pearl onions, and the chocolate cream pie). I had just planned to add garlic parm mashed cauliflower and I was just going to eat the ham, my cauliflower, and the slice of pie. Adding the brussels sprouts with bacon was a very satisfying touch for me though, and I did pass up the rolls and mashed potatoes, which previously would have been a big temptation for me-another NSV(and the peas). Instead of the chocolate cream pie, I had some of his whipped cream (made with very little sugar) with 60gm blueberries. Yum!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I have been sick this week and also enjoying the typical holiday indulgences, but I am willingly ready to start tapering my carbs back down tomorrow. I still really haven't had any cravings even while I've been eating all of this excess sugar, so I'm hoping I'll be able to transition back smoothly.
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have made it through Thanksgiving and now Christmas without cheating. First time I haven't gained over the holidays and I didn't feel deprived at all.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I was at a large family event at a restaurant with a lot of out of town people. My daughter was walking towards me and didn't recognize me - and she lives nearby and sees me every week. But I was dressed up, new suit 3 sizes smaller, new coat, new body profile.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Bob314159 wrote: »
    I was at a large family event at a restaurant with a lot of out of town people. My daughter was walking towards me and didn't recognize me - and she lives nearby and sees me every week. But I was dressed up, new suit 3 sizes smaller, new coat, new body profile.
    Fantastic !
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    Really excellent NSVs! There is a bit of magic in this WOE. :)
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Just bought new skinny jeans 32" waist - that's 2 sizes smaller than previously. Haven't bought this size or this style in more than 25 years. Also, I don't have to buy pants with long trouser legs that need taking up by a tailor - these jeans fit me perfectly lengthwise too.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Love these NSVs. Well done!!
    Braved the too tight wardrobe collection to find that some items fit and a few look ridiculous- way too big! One pair of pants could pull off even when zipped n buttoned up. Maybe should have got brave earlier?
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Even though it makes me a teeny bit uncomfortable, every.single.time my mother-in-law sees me (which is about 3-4 times a month) she comments on my body and how wonderful it is that I've lost so much weight. Not gonna lie, it also makes me feel really good.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I've been doing lazy keto with minimal tracking lately (however, also been running more because the Man is out of town for a few weeks, and that's how I choose to entertain myself while he is away). Today I put on a pair of pants that were too tight the last few times I put them on (suck-the-gut-in-while-putting-them-on kind of tight), and I can pull them off without unbuttoning. I'm doing a little happy dance right now.
  • nvmomketo
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @SamandaIndia and @Lillith32 it's so satisfying when the too tight pile becomes the fits just right or too big pile. :). Great work!

@Mami1976D it really is gratifying when people notice. :) it's nice of your mil to compliment you.

@Abm4n And skinny jeans to boot!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I was at Disney for 7 days over Christmas and had no trouble staying on plan! Not only that, but I lost over two pounds while I was away! This wasn't just by eating pepperoni in my hotel room before going out, but by eating to the fullest on the Disney Dining Plan!

I wanted to come home and make ice cream keto like no one's business, but then I got home and it was snowing, so that's passed! :D
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    I was at Disney for 7 days over Christmas and had no trouble staying on plan! Not only that, but I lost over two pounds while I was away! This wasn't just by eating pepperoni in my hotel room before going out, but by eating to the fullest on the Disney Dining Plan!

I wanted to come home and make ice cream keto like no one's business, but then I got home and it was snowing, so that's passed! :D

Amazing!! @Disney! What did you eat to achieve that miraculous result? Wow
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Finally, my calves fit in my tall boots.