Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @ki4eld Yay you!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Last week I threw out a lot of shirts 2XL size that I won't wear till summer - and I'm now down to size XL. I also found a casual jacket that had got buried in the back of the cupboard and has not been worn for years. Back then I was about 80lbs more than now. Size 3XL and it's scary how big that is on me now - I can't believe how big I was - keeping it for future comparisons.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Bob314159 wrote: »
    Last week I threw out a lot of shirts 2XL size that I won't wear till summer - and I'm now down to size XL. I also found a casual jacket that had got buried in the back of the cupboard and has not been worn for years. Back then I was about 80lbs more than now. Size 3XL and it's scary how big that is on me now - I can't believe how big I was - keeping it for future comparisons.

Go Bob!! Yay!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Pulled a muscle attached to my rib on Friday while in the gym- somewhat painful. On the surface a big fail, not an NSV, since it was my error in pushing to do another lift and using the wrong muscle group.

Today I see it as an NSV when I went back to the gym.

1. I've been doing strength workouts, 3 times a week, for 2 months - after being out of a gym for 35 years.
    2. I went back today - in pain - to try and work around it.
    3. I'm working out hard enough that I can do an injury
    4. I now know enough about anatomy to find alternate exercises to avoid the pulled muscle
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Bought size 10 jeans last night. Skinny jeans. And I look good too! This is the first time this century I've been in a size 10.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »
    Bought size 10 jeans last night. Skinny jeans. And I look good too! This is the first time this century I've been in a size 10.

Congrats!!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Last night our enormous 18lb cat decided to lay on my stomach on the couch. As I "oofed" under his weight, I realized I've lost as much weight as he AND his sister (9lb cat) weigh, plus a pound of butter!, COMBINED. Feeling that weight back on my stomach, I was awed at my accomplishment!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    That's great! I have a 6 pound exercise ball and use that with my kids to show them how much weight I have lost. They ask me how many I have lost every week or so. Up to over 6 of them now.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    2 NSV'S
    1. At a social function this week someone said to me, "Hey Skinny! Eat some cake!" handing me some tempting cake to eat.
    2. I accepted the compliment but didn't feel the need to eat the cake even though I had been intermittently fasting for 24 hours. So I graciously declined to eat the cake. No hunger either.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I finally met someone who is getting healthy and losing weight - more than 10 kg in the first two weeks of a low carb, no processed food diet (actually it is Paleo). I am counting this as a win because finally I have met another person who is also doing something about their health. In a way I don't feel so lonely and don't feel like a lonely, crazy zealot amidst all the SAD, depressed, overweight processed carb and sugar eaters I know.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    I finally met someone who is getting healthy and losing weight - more than 10 kg in the first two weeks of a low carb, no processed food diet (actually it is Paleo). I am counting this as a win because finally I have met another person who is also doing something about their health. In a way I don't feel so lonely and don't feel like a lonely, crazy zealot amidst all the SAD, depressed, overweight processed carb and sugar eaters I know.

So true. I was saying how helpful it is to have health conscious friends and family. It makes eating "weird" so much easier!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    About three years ago I bought a new suit when I had lost some weight. It was a little small when I bought it and bc I started gaining weight again it never fit. Well, I just tried it on and it now fits! Which is a good thing because most of my other suits are now too big.
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Tonight I did zumba. The last time I took a class was right after I started low carb. It was so much easier this time, 22 pounds less, than last time.
    Also, I recently bought some new pants. I got 10s, but should have gotten 8s. I'm glad I got them on sale.
  • KeoniD
    KeoniD Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Is there a dictionary somewhere? Some kind of acronym primer? I keep having to Google things just to find out what a TLA (three-letter acronym) means. It took a while to find out that NSV means Non-Scale Victory.

Being able to fit comfortably into jeans that were painful just a few weeks ago is a definite victory for me.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    KeoniD wrote: »
    Is there a dictionary somewhere? Some kind of acronym primer? I keep having to Google things just to find out what a TLA (three-letter acronym) means. It took a while to find out that NSV means Non-Scale Victory.

Being able to fit comfortably into jeans that were painful just a few weeks ago is a definite victory for me.

@DittoDan created one on his blog. Maybe he will come provide a link. :smile:

Edited:
    I found it for you. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/DittoDan/view/blog-10-keto-abbreviations-acronyms-terminology-698398
  • ncprice1
    ncprice1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My hair stopped falling out.

I used to brush my hair, then clean up the strands that had fallen onto the vanity. But when I went to clean up the strands today, there weren't any. None. And only one or two were in my brush.

I didn't see that one coming, but I love it!

• AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    This one is a bit embarrassing, but all the same...

I have always had acne, even at 30, some of it cystic (mostly on my jaw line and man do those hurt) - in the last 2 weeks, it has all cleared up, even with wearing makeup. Even conventional treatments from the doctor didn't help, they just dried out and irritated my skin. My hair is also considerably less oily and I don't have to wash it as frequently due to oil production. My hair looks and feels a lot nicer!
    The real test will be a week from now during "pre shark-week" because that's when it flares up the worst, but I've never had my skin be clear between either.
    Another little oddity was that I was getting some odd hair growth, in places women shouldn't grow hair. It stopped and fell out.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I may be imagining things but i think my gums feel better. I was having some gum sensitivity over the past year or so, but since starting LCHF I believe it is less pronounced.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    back into single-digit jean size today...about 40# of my 50# stress-eating gain from two years ago is gone. I have about 10# to go by summer. That's my plan & I'm sticking to it.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    back into single-digit jean size today...about 40# of my 50# stress-eating gain from two years ago is gone. I have about 10# to go by summer. That's my plan & I'm sticking to it.

Congrats!!!