NSV's

Options

Replies

• kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm eating over twice the recommended sodium intake (sometimes twice of the maximum limit typically stated) as I'm sure most of us are. I tested my blood pressure at work this morning and, lo and behold, it was the same as it's always been. (94/69)
    bwahahahahahaha

That is low blood pressure, wow! Mine rarely goes under 125/75 although I haven't checked it lately.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    cairnsmom wrote: »
    tishball wrote: »
    am I blind, or were the like and awesome buttons always here?

They appeared fairly recently.

They are new! I wonder how much time it would take to go back thru 49 pages and click Awesome on everything...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I found a new line this morning. From the bottom of my breastbone / ribcage area, straight towards my belly button, is a new "dip" or line so faint I can barely see it.

This MAY be the start of a defined tummy. Although I'm not sure how I have abs if I have flab.

@Panda_Poptarts - you know the abs just stay warm and fuzzy and hide out under the flab layer, right? That's why we don't turn into Jabba the Hut... LOL
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

@Panda_Poptarts - you know the abs just stay warm and fuzzy and hide out under the flab layer, right? That's why we don't turn into Jabba the Hut... LOL

Good point. Should I have anything visible, though, this overweight? I dunno. Maybe I'm peeling away the warm winter blankies and my abby toes are hanging out? Hehe.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'd say definitely yes. Your burning that what, subcutaneous layer of fat? Whichever later it is that forms between your muscle and skin. as you lose that layer of fat, the skin will divet and dimple in some places, allowing you to see what's below...Sadly we can't control the areas!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss True, true. I like this line. I tried to take a picture but it doesn't show up.

I've never ever seen tummy definition before. Such a new thing to be starting to notice!!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    :( these old threads make me sad when I see all the people that don't log in or post anymore
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I found a new line this morning. From the bottom of my breastbone / ribcage area, straight towards my belly button, is a new "dip" or line so faint I can barely see it.

This MAY be the start of a defined tummy. Although I'm not sure how I have abs if I have flab.

I found one of those in one of my last photos, I was like wait a minute is that the start of something super awesome!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    @auntstephie321 That's so great!! I won't lie, I spent 20 minutes turning this way and that and admiring my little shadow. I can't wait to watch it grow. Lol

• auntstephie321
    Options
    @panda_poptarts, I did too when I first saw it, we have a mirror at the end of my hall and I would lift my shirt up constantly when walking down the hall to look at it, same thing in the bathroom mirror at work. lol I'm so vain!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Options
    @auntstephie321 If you're vain, so am I. We SHOULD be admiring our hot selves! :mrgreen:
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @auntstephie321 If you're vain, so am I. We SHOULD be admiring our hot selves! :mrgreen:

oh "we" are lol
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    The mirror has become my friend too! I look at myself all the time! Glad I'm not alone! ;)

• daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I actually like getting in and out of my car, now. #effortless
  • tishball
    tishball Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    oh boy I am looking forward to some of your things. @daylitemag when I started here last time you were starting too, am sorry now I dropped out for a while, you are SOOOOOOO far ahead. checking in everyday is what keeps me on track, last time I just slid back into carbs, not many I didn't gain weight but didn't lose anything either.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I noticed my tummy fat is getting more jiggly (and oh so attractive ;). Hope it's preparing for a whoosh!
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    I chose not to tell him that I used to eat snickerdoodles and Sprite for breakfast...

:D And it seemed like such a natural thing to do. Ignorance was bliss back them.

• LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    We've always had a rule for our kids that they can have one sugary treat a day, whether it's soda or dessert or juice.

The 12-year-old seemed very confused when I told him that genetics and diet contribute to diabetes, and that's why we don't let them have 3 desserts and 2 sodas a day.

His response was, "People eat 3 desserts in a day?" He seemed genuinely confused regarding how one would fit those in.

I chose not to tell him that I used to eat snickerdoodles and Sprite for breakfast...

Gummy worms and Pepsi were my go to brekkie at 16. They were fat free after all!