NSV's

Options

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @glossbones! I'm so excited about your mom!!! Please tell her about my improvements with fibromyalgia pain!! Getting my life back.... I am available too if she has specific questions! :smiley::smiley:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    Another NSV: I had a pretty big disappointment yesterday (those on my friend list probably saw my update), and I did not stress eat!!!

I really, really, REALLY wanted something sweet after dinner last night, but I distracted myself and have a near spotless kitchen now... Does that count?

And I say not stress eating is an awesome trend to start! I do okay about 85% of the time now... My former life's success rate used to be like 15-20% success, as point of reference....
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    1: I was walking through a Stew Leonard's the other day (not sure if anyone not in this tristate will know that one, but they're a "Farm Fresh Market"), and the smell of apple cinnamon EVERYTHING was in the air. I realized that just because something smells delicious does not mean I have to put it in my mouth. And conversely, just because I can't eat it doesn't mean I can't enjoy the smell! What a revelation!

2: Someone was talking about french fries yesterday and I realized I have no desire for them anymore.

3: Mom is joining my husband and me on this WoE to try it for the next month! She has Fibro and IBS and I REALLY hope this helps her! I believe she's starting with lunch today. We offered to do grocery shopping and cooking for the meals but she's joining us midweek so we have to dance around a bit to figure out what she'll eat. Tonight: Shrimp Scampi, her favorite, with zoodles!
    1. That is so so exciting on all of them... Just as the enjoying the smell without enjoying the food bit - "I am not a garbage can," was a big one for me!
    2. I still have a dreams and yearnings for French fries, but my former love affair with ketchup is mostly over, except in very tiny doses mixed with other things...but I can actually eat just one or two! LOL
    3. And this is my favorite!!!! So excited for your mom... Good luck figuring out her niggles. :)
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    we have "customer service week" at work this week. They decided to reward us with food everyday... Monday was candy, Tuesday was Bagels, Wednesday was "dessert day" (cookies and the like), Today (thursday) is ice cream party, and Friday is the concession stand (Hot dogs, Soda and Popcorn)...I have not had any of the treats and have stuck to my plan all week... and i plan on not indulging either today or tomorrow...
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I had not realized how my gaining weight affected my shoe comfort. It has been so long that I have fit into my 3 inch heels. I thought I had stopped wearing them because of a knee injury. Not so, my feet got fat with the rest of me.

Well now that I could fit in my pretty high heels, I am not sure I want to add stress to my ankles, knees, hips and back.

For the first time in my life, I have purchased 2 pairs of Clark's shoes. They are so comfortable, it is amazing. It gives me the sense that I am finally willing to care for myself.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I was handed two squares of delicious, high quality milk chocolate yesterday. Didn't eat them. I need to figure out who to give them to, because the Man is keto-ing now as well. Both of us decided, no 'cheating' until there is a weight loss of at least 20 lb for him and 15 lb for me, so I am not even considering putting that chocolate in my mouth.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    mousie1973 wrote: »
    we have "customer service week" at work this week. They decided to reward us with food everyday... Monday was candy, Tuesday was Bagels, Wednesday was "dessert day" (cookies and the like), Today (thursday) is ice cream party, and Friday is the concession stand (Hot dogs, Soda and Popcorn)...I have not had any of the treats and have stuck to my plan all week... and i plan on not indulging either today or tomorrow...

Awesome job!!!
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am no longer overweight! At least for today. But I have dropped 20 lbs without constantly counting calories or feeling hungry. On the days I go to work, I skip breakfast and I'm totally fine without food. My migraines have lessened in frequency and severity.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    @glossbones! I'm so excited about your mom!!! Please tell her about my improvements with fibromyalgia pain!! Getting my life back.... I am available too if she has specific questions! :smiley::smiley:

Yes! When I reached out to you a while back it was to arm myself with motivation for her. It took a LONG time for her to come around to it, but she was NOT poo-pooing the shrimp scampi and zoodles last night! She had dark chocolate and decaf coffee with light cream instead of frozen yogurt for dessert.
    KnitOrMiss wrote:
    1. That is so so exciting on all of them... Just as the enjoying the smell without enjoying the food bit - "I am not a garbage can," was a big one for me!
    2. I still have a dreams and yearnings for French fries, but my former love affair with ketchup is mostly over, except in very tiny doses mixed with other things...but I can actually eat just one or two! LOL
    3. And this is my favorite!!!! So excited for your mom... Good luck figuring out her niggles. :)

Thanks! The biggest niggle is just that she isn't quite to the point of trusting all this fat, and she doesn't like cheddar! I can work with that! I thought she was a much pickier eater than that, but I think it might just be a result of my dad overcooking everything because HIS favorite food is carbon.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Guess who can wear her high school class ring again? :D I can also wear my bridal set and it fits even with the finger swelling. Talk about motivation to stay on track on vacation. Yeah baby, this chick ain't gonna cheat now fo' sure!

yhkhpqdatfpe.jpg
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    AWESOME NSV's everyone!!!!!
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    wearing my new shirt today! Not bad for a 45 y/o woman lol

k4lmrkz6g2ru.jpg

I'm finally back in the "zone"...I think I'm gonna breeze through this month's PMS cycle unscathed, woot.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    HUGE: this woe has helped me regain the health needed to return to work (I'm an RN that hasn't been able to work in ten years!)!! I am mailing the renewal for my license tomorrow (no mail today since its Columbus day) and should have an active license by weeks end!!!! I didn't believe this would ever happen! :smiley:
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    HUGE: this woe has helped me regain the health needed to return to work (I'm an RN that hasn't been able to work in ten years!)!! I am mailing the renewal for my license tomorrow (no mail today since its Columbus day) and should have an active license by weeks end!!!! I didn't believe this would ever happen! :smiley:

That's wonderful @Karlottap. Good luck!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful Karla ! I am sure you will just keep feeling better and better !
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I have three NSVs: 1) I no longer need a seat belt extender on planes 2) I managed to go on vacation without completely losing my mind eating carbs, although I did have higher limits than usual and 3) I got right back on plan when I returned.
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options

Amazing NSV! So happy for you!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options

Awesome success story. This WOE is helping me be more productive as well.
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone! Awesome NSVs!