NSV's

Options

Replies

• radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I dropped a clamp behind a machine at work today.
    I didn't have to go get a broom to get it back. I just
    walked behind the machine, bent over and picked it up.
    Oh, the little things....

This is great and reminds me of one of my own biggest NSV's. I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer, the knob that controls the thermostat broke a few years ago, but apparently replacing it requires replacing the entire front plate and is a $700+ ordeal, which seems ridiculous to me and I refuse to pay for that. But a mechanic showed me where I could reach down under the dash on the drivers side and find the lever to change from heat to cold myself. The first couple years after this happened when I was still 350 pounds or more, I couldn't reach it, too fat. So in the winter I just bundled up and pretended the car didn't have heat available. Now that I've lost all the weight that I have so far, I can easily bend down while sitting in the drivers seat and adjust it, it takes like 3 seconds, so I get to have heat again in my car this winter!
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey folks! Please forgive me, but what is NSV? :)
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options

Non Scale Victory
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Non scale victory
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My NSV is being able to cook creamed potatoes with butter and milk for my family and not feel deprived.... at all!
  • Standsfast
    Standsfast Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My NSV is being able to cook creamed potatoes with butter and milk for my family and not feel deprived.... at all!

I am sure you will be successful in this journey! You are well on your way.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Well done, my friends!

Today, I went bicycling for the sake of exercise and not just to travel to a particular place. My rear is killing me and it was a terribly short ride, but I did it and I'm going to do it again tomorrow. And now, chicken broth and some yoga, because my rear is killing me!!! lol
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Make yours with cauliflower!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Took all 3 kids to an outdoor festival by myself. They're 14 months, 4 and 6. Don't think I had the stamina or strength to carry and chase the little guy while helping the two girls in that scenario before I started down this path.

Stumbled on a pair of my black knit workout pants in my husband's clothing drawer. They used to fit perfectly. And now, even with the elastic wonders of knit, they're baggy. Yay!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    Well done, my friends!

Today, I went bicycling for the sake of exercise and not just to travel to a particular place. My rear is killing me and it was a terribly short ride, but I did it and I'm going to do it again tomorrow. And now, chicken broth and some yoga, because my rear is killing me!!! lol

Let your sore bum be a reminder of your dedication and new healthy life. Maybe it'll help.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I just got back from my 1/4 mile daily walk wearing shorts. The shadow of my legs while distorted due to the light angle looked like bean poles/skinny. A year ago I had to rest several times and now I can even come back up the steep hill walking fast non stop. Dropping all grain has done so much to improve my health.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I just got back from my 1/4 mile daily walk wearing shorts. The shadow of my legs while distorted due to the light angle looked like bean poles/skinny. A year ago I had to rest several times and now I can even come back up the steep hill walking fast non stop. Dropping all grain has done so much to improve my health.

So very happy for you!

The progress you have made is awesome!

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Last night hubby made a comment about how he has never been able to wrap his arm around me and feel my hip bone before. As in really truly never. He likes it. :heart:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I have successfully tracked my diary of foods for 7 days so far again now. Today makes day 8, but is as of yet incomplete.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I have successfully tracked my diary of foods for 7 days so far again now. Today makes day 8, but is as of yet incomplete.

Woohoo!!! :smiley:
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Was trying on outfits in my cupboard last night as I have a wedding to go to on Friday and wanted to see what would fit now. All possibilities are a little too big now so I will have to go shopping (oh dear how will I ever cope :p ) For a laugh I decided to try on the skirt of my wedding dress and it fits, not only fits but is a little loose. Was at my lowest weight ever at my wedding 10 years ago and haven't reached that weight again yet but clearly my body shape has changed. Went dancing into the lounge with it on much to the amusement of my husband. :D
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I went to the Halloween candy aisle today to see if the kind my son wants was there (It's not even October yet, damn you, stores!). Then I wandered off to get my cheese. Walked past that damnable front facing ice cream freezer. Stopped and stared for several long seconds. Went on my way with just my cheese to the checkout. I was shopping hungry, too.
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    I went to the Halloween candy aisle today to see if the kind my son wants was there (It's not even October yet, damn you, stores!). Then I wandered off to get my cheese. Walked past that damnable front facing ice cream freezer. Stopped and stared for several long seconds. Went on my way with just my cheese to the checkout. I was shopping hungry, too.
    Great willpower!
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Great willpower!

More like I thought about how much I'd hate myself tomorrow if I had to go through days 4-6 of carb flu again so soon! :s

• totaloblivia
    Options
    Great willpower!

More like I thought about how much I'd hate myself tomorrow if I had to go through days 4-6 of carb flu again so soon! :s
    That's the same thing in my book, you thought about that and controlled your initial impulse! Congratulations.