NSV's

Options

Replies

• BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    me too - 0/ I vote no bra (unless ppl are coming over or I am going out) #FreeTheGirls
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I totally get the taste bud thing, mine have certainly "woken up"! All veggies taste sweet to me now.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    @BT_rescuemom Awesome and ADORABLE nsv!!!!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I loved the moby wrap things! Ahh they are so handy and my daughter loved being all cozy and wrapped up. Great NSV!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @BT_rescuemom LOL Cute. And the dimples are there. :) That's a good one.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    huango wrote: »
    Since starting this WOE 1.5months ago, I've practiced several times the act of pushing food away when I got full.
    Yup: I can actually listen to my body to stop eating.

I used to clean my plate, and my kids' plates, etc, because I hate wasting food.
    Now, I am fine leaving the remaining food, w/out the guilt of wasting it. (Usually, it's just 2-5bites, not enough to pack home).

It's such a new concept.

I so much relate to the not wasting food given I grew up in a family where we may not have been poor in relation to much of the world, but "seconds" were gained by eating fast enough to take food from the plate of a sibling.

Changing that mindset is hard. However, I decided I would rather have food go to "waste" than to "waist" - especially if that waist was mine.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I just recently finished up with my MBA... I've been working on it since Jan. 2014 and the last course ended Oct. 16. So I have more time available and I had been trying to decide of something fitness and outdoors related. At one time, I had wanted to get into rock climbing, but have recently lost interest for now. Anyway, I finally decided on ultra-running on trails. As a super planner (seriously, I've been told I'm "over-thinking" by people who don't understand that I make the best, most fool-proof plan and still can't beat the average person on fitness), I started working on a plan (still working on it) to train for and eventually run an ultra-marathon.

One of the articles I came across was written a few years ago and discussed a study that had recently been completed, but not yet published in scientific journals (that was expected to happen in the next year, but I haven't searched for the actual article yet). The non-scientific article provided a sneak peak at some of the information available prior to publication. In short, the results make a compelling argument against the old 'wisdom' that constantly carrying and consuming carbs (as gels, for example) on long runs is necessary. People who are fat adapted are able to convert fat for use at rates much higher than previously understood. So while everyone used to think that 1g/min. was the very highest anyone could use, some of the fat adapted study participants were converting at rates around 1.3g and some even higher than that. So this more recent science suggests that constant feeding with carbs is not a requirement for all endurance athletes. Though I acknowledge I haven't read the actual study yet, the synopsis fits what I would expect as I have seen the differences in blood glucose and exercise both before and after becoming fat adapted.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I got a message from a friend today asking me if we could do lunch soon because she's very interested in the stuff I've been learning.
    I rarely post on facebook, but occasionally I'll share something I find in mainstream news that supports keto and I shared info about the keto snd fat summits. I try not to push anything. Usually I just share the resource without even making a comment so I don't seem judgy or pushy. I guess I've been planting seeds! I would love for my friend to find better health by way of great food, like we all have.

I love this!! I find it easiest to post results every now and then, and THEN people want to hear what you've been doing. If you tell them when you start they aren't as interested and shrug it off as another fad.

Now if they'd just listen to the advice they might get somewhere...
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I just recently finished up with my MBA...

Congrats! That's hard work and I know you are proud. Very nice!!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    I just recently finished up with my MBA...

Congrats! That's hard work and I know you are proud. Very nice!!

Yes, thank you. It's a huge relief to be done. Now I am waiting for 2 things - the diploma and student loan bills. If only the excitement would last as long as the bills will be coming. :(

It is really great to have plenty of education, and the income definitely is worth the cost. I still wish the cost was not quite so high. And since the only way to get rid of student loans is to either pay them or die (they can't even be discharged through bankruptcy), they are very safe investments for lenders... and low risk loans should have low interest rates, right?! Nah, conventional rules don't apply here. They'll charge me higher rates than I pay for my car loan or for my mortgage or for anything else that is low risk (due to collateral in the case of car and mortgage).

Steps down from soap box.

Yes, a lot of hard work, but glad to be done... I do not plan to ever take another degree again. I will do courses for continuing education for my certification, but no degree program. I also want to take some helpful things not related to work. For example, I would like to learn CPR.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I can stand up, bend over and touch my toes!
    Cannot remember last time I could do this.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @midwesterner85 : Congratulations on the degree! B)