NSV's

Options

Replies

• Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Great work @Sunny_Bunny_ ! It's so much better if they come to you!
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options

That is great! Congrats!

Thank you!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that last as I sat around a fire with friends and my daughters and their friends (a big group consisting mostly of 18-28 year olds except me and my BFF). In this group there are 2 T1D's, one very young and not obese T2D, an epileptic, a friend with a rare blood disease and a LFHC vegan! Quite the bunch for sure!
    Anyway, one of the girls is my workout partner and already cutting carbs, another one has seen my changes and somewhat cut them but was asking me questions about how it works and then the epileptic is asking questions too.
    So, I basically give a lecture for a solid 30 minutes.
    Today, my youngest daughter tells me that her boyfriend has questions for me and wants to come over to discuss it further.
    My oldest daughter (T1D) has a T1D boyfriend and he made an appointment with an Endocrinologist since he hasn't seen one in over a year and has decided to take his health more seriously.
    I am supposed to meet with another one of the girls to help her figure out how to get started.
    The vegan was disagreeable with the whole conversation. I am not surprised. She has a lot of issues that I think can be solved by eating fat but she's convinced you "need" carbs.
    The only real non breakthrough was the epileptic who said he can't possibly go without "real pizza" and potatoes.
    So, all in all, not a bad influence on a bunch of young people! :wink:

:) Nice. You sound like the "cool mom" ;)
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    After many struggles with finding a maintenance groove, and regaining about 20 of 135 pounds...I find I'm sometimes very judgemental and critical of the regain and in spite of efforts to luv my bod as is, I think of myself as if I'd lost zero pounds.
    I had a friend who I hardly ever see who knew me years ago, before I even had my children who are 25 and 30yrs old. She told me that my shape is now like it was when she first met me, before the kids even.
    And she really is right. Pound wise i may be a bit heavier, but shape wise i really look pretty good. I really need to stop thinking of myself as morbidly obese, just because my weight is up a few pounds. It's not out of control, I'm working hard every day to find a workable maintenance plan and it's all good.
    I should just enjoy the heck out of the progress that I've made, and trust that my efforts will eventually stablize my weight.
    It really made my day to have her say that to me.

<3
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    @kdz0444 Your hair in your pic is very cool btw!
  • kdz0444
    kdz0444 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @sarahb29 thank you! I miss that hair so much lol
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I was straitening my hair this morning and for the first time in a while I didn't feel disgusted by the person in the mirror looking back at me. I actually thought I looked pretty today.

I have no doubt you are.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    when you put on your boulder holder thats designed to camouflage side boobs and it actually works.
    when you put on your boulder holder and it doesnt holster your boulders and you realize you can hook it on the last hooks!! (after wearing it for two weeks with the boulders precariously holstered)

HIGH FIVE

Yay for boulder holder NSVs!! I'm actually going to be buying a new boulder holder in the next few days. I only have one that fits (ish) now. Been wearing sports bras on the regular lately.