Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Day 11: Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    That french toast looks awesome. I think I'm going to have to make challah tonight so I can have stuffed french toast this weekend.

I want to see pictures of that...

I've been wanting to make some brioche/craquelin, do you know where to find caster sugar?

Fresh Market has it but I'm too cheap to buy it there. I put granulated sugar in the food processor for a bit.

Thanks, I guess I was looking for something easier as I don't have a food processor, lol.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Absolutelydrooling over that samoa talenti sandwich. Holy deliciousness
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Day 1: apple pie/Caramel Apple Pie Talenti
    Day 2: Ghirardelli 72% Cacao squares
    Day 3: Breyer's Gelato Indulgences Triple Chocolate
    Day 4: cinnamon and sugar popcorn/Edy's Slow Churned Mint Cookie Crunch/Hershey's syrup
    Day 5: Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Peppermint Crunch
    Day 6: Skinny Cow Mint Cone with Ganache
    Day 7: Edwards New York Cheesecake Single with chocolate coconut sauce
    Day 8: Dannon Creamery dark chocolate pudding and Crispy M&Ms
    Day 9: Skinny Cow Mint sandwich
    Day 10: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 11: Ghirardelli Dark & Mint squares
    Day 12: Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Caramel (I. AM. IN. LOVE.) and Ghirardelli Dark/Sea Salt Caramel square
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Day 4: cinnamon and sugar popcorn/Edy's Slow Churned Mint Cookie Crunch/Hershey's syrup
    Day 12: Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Caramel (I. AM. IN. LOVE.) and Ghirardelli Dark/Sea Salt Caramel square

Yay! I had that tonight too. It's my favorite atm I think. So good for the calorie count.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

Way to double down on the dark chocolate caramel... Those Ghiradelli squares are my favorite, so I have no doubt I would love the Gelato Fiasco if I could ever find it...

• sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    edited March 2015
    Day 12: Talenti Southern Butter Pecan - OMG it is so delicious. And I was very excited when I looked on their website and saw it was 30 calories per serving less than I thought (that tiny writing is really hard to read).
    -
    Ok I had to edit and add that if there were time machines I would totally go back in time and tell the little kid me that she is being an idiot by not trying things like butter pecan ice cream. Not sure if they are all this good (have only had any sort of butter pecan one other time, and that is only a couple months ago) but man this has to be in my top 10 for sure.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Way to double down on the dark chocolate caramel... Those Ghiradelli squares are my favorite, so I have no doubt I would love the Gelato Fiasco if I could ever find it...

It actually tasted a little too sweet after the gelato. Maybe next time I'll do the 72% with it.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member

Seriously - this is good stuff! If Acrylics hadn't raved about this, I never would have tracked it down and likely wouldn't have picked it up off a shelf since I am not normally as entranced by chocolate as some other flavors, and it looks amazingly chocolatey (and is). I really, really like this, and the calorie count is incredible compared to some of its peers. I hope I can find another source now that the one store I knew of has closed and my last pint is now opened.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Day 1: Talenti Double Dark Chocolate
    Day 2: Talenti Salted Caramel Pop
    Day 3: Cadbury Chocolate Creme Egg
    Day 4: Chocolate cupcake with green icing and sprinkles
    Day 5: Another cupcake.
    Day 6: Talenti Salted Caramel Pop
    Day 7: Talenti Double Dark Chocolate and later Peeps with a Blue Moon
    Day 8: Cadbury Chocolate Cream Egg with breakfast, later Peeps
    Day 9: Phin & Phebes Vanilla Cinnamon ice cream
    Day 10: Dove Dark Chocolate Promises and chocolate chai tea
    Day 11: Endangered Species Dark Chocolate with Forest Mint and coco-mint green tea
    Day 12: Nutella & Go snack pack, Party Cake Peeps, and a Skinny Cow Salted Caramel Bar
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited March 2015
    Day 1: Peeps
    Day 2: Almond pastry (filled with almond paste).
    Day 3: Mission Hill Creamery Ricotta & Fig ice cream.
    Day 4: McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 5: A couple of TJ's Cookie Butter Cups.
    Day 6: Mission Hill Creamery Turkish Coffee ice cream.
    Day 7: More McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 8: MIL waffles.
    Day 9: Generic raspberry pastry.
    Day 10: Raspberry Sponge Cake + a touch of Ricotta & Fig ice cream from Mission Hill.
    Day 11: Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel.
    Day 12: A bit of Jeni's Brambleberry Crisp and a bit of MH Ricotta & Fig. EDIT: and now a bit of Jeni's Whiskey & Pecans
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Day 10: Dairy Queen Strawberry Sundae

20150324_120043.jpg

:heart_eyes: I want this
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Day 12: Talenti Southern Butter Pecan - OMG it is so delicious. And I was very excited when I looked on their website and saw it was 30 calories per serving less than I thought (that tiny writing is really hard to read).
    -
    Ok I had to edit and add that if there were time machines I would totally go back in time and tell the little kid me that she is being an idiot by not trying things like butter pecan ice cream. Not sure if they are all this good (have only had any sort of butter pecan one other time, and that is only a couple months ago) but man this has to be in my top 10 for sure.

I love all thing butter pecan, but that Talenti has to be the best. Glad to hear someone else feels the same!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    -

I love all thing butter pecan, but that Talenti has to be the best. Glad to hear someone else feels the same!

Me too...was hoping someone here would say if it's worth it or not.

Dang now I'm torn over which flavor to get next
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    See I'm NOT a butter pecan lover (and hate pecan pie) but I love the Talenti version.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Day 1: Chocolate Peanut butter pie, french toast cupcake, Chocopologie burnt caramel & hawaiian sea salt chocolate square, Cup of Joe Macaron
    Day 2: Orange creamsicle macaron, Irish car bomb cupcake, and more of the Chocopologie which is very good but not worth the price.
    Day 3: Smores macaron, Irish car bomb cupcake
    Day 4: Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake & Shamrock shake
    Day 5: 2 servings Talenti Coffee Toffee, Strawberry milkshake
    Day 6: Coffee Toffee milkshake
    Day 7: 1 serving Talenti Coffee Toffee
    Day 8: Talenti Coconut with chocolate syrup
    Day 9: I failed didn't have any
    Day 10: Talenti Coconut with chocolate
    Day 11: Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake
    Day 12: My Sangria Sorbet - the pictures I took came out horrible but it was delicious

I really want that Samoa Talenti sandwich!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Hm, I swear I'm not a day off, I just keep forgetting to post at night. Seriously looking forward to tomorrow; pecan porter milkshake shall be had by all...

Day 1: Chocolate pie, apple pie, and buttermilk pie.
    Day 2: Cadbury caramel egg and blue bell mardi gras ice cream.
    Day 3: Cadbury caramel egg and Dryers salted caramel and pretzel frozen custard.
    Day 4: Martin House Counterclockwise, Prairie Limo Tint, and Sierra Nevada Wild Hop Neomexicanus, and Cadbury caramel egg.
    Day 5: B&J salted caramel core.
    Day 6: Butterfinger and blue bell krazy kookie dough.
    Day 7: peanut butter chip cookie and 2 Italian margaritas
    Day 8: I Fried snickers, fried nutter butters, fried smores, and fried dough e o's.
    Day 9: Whatchamacallit and convict hill oatmeal stout.
    Day 10: Chocolate croissant from La Madeleine.
    Day 11: Snickers rockin' nut road, chocolate chip cookie, some chocolate covered butter cookies.
    Day 12: Snickers rockin' nut road, chocolate covered short bread.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Day 11: some dark chocolate and a serving of Caramel Cookie Crunch Talenti.

Day 12 (today) will be cupcakes and more cupcakes. I'm excited.

Day 12 update: Chocolate banana cupcake with cream cheese icing, a chocolate cupcake with a peanut butter center and chocolate icing, and a cookie dough, chocolate, marshmallow, something something sundae from Ritter's. Bad day calorie-wise, but I'm very cleansed.

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Getting caught back up:

Day 1: Triple Berry Pie a la mode
    Day 2: Triple Berry Pie
    Day 3: German chocolate cake
    Day 4: Guinness (and I may have sneaked the last 1/2 piece of pie..shhh)
    Day 5: 1 serving (my last one - gonna have to stock up) of choc peanut butter cup Talenti
    Day 6: 2 Peanut Butter Patty Girl Scout Cookies
    Day 7: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Chocolate gelato.
    Day 8: 2 Peanut Butter Sandwich Girl Scout Cookies; Strawberries with nutella
    Day 9: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Chocolate gelato
    Day 10: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Chocolate gelato
    Day 11: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Choclate gelato with 2 crushed Peanut Butter Patties mixed in (yay for extra calories leftover at the end of the day!)
    Day 12: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Chocolate gelato

In a bit of a rut the last couple days, but it's been a crazy week at work. I'll try to spice things up over the weekend.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Day 1: Ghirardelli Dark Cherry Tango & Barber Foods Cream Brie & Apple stuffed chicken breasts
    Day 2: 1.5 servings of Mini Butterfinger Cups & made a Caramel Rice cake sandwich with Maranatha Creamy Raw Maple Butter
    Day 3: Chocolate covered bing cherry & tortilla microwaved with cookie butter
    Day 4: Rest of the Bing Chocolate Cherries
    Day 5: The rest of the Nestle Butterfinger Cup Minis *edited to add* two Russell Stover Cookie Dough Eggs & one Cadbury Creme Mini Egg.
    Day 6: Arby's Andes Shake *drools*, Russell Stover Birthday Cake flavored egg, & Russell Stover big Pecan egg.
    Day 7: Target White Chocolate Mini Bark & a tortilla with Maranatha Raw Maple Butter inside.
    Day 8: Three Party Cake Peeps with breakfast & three Russell Stover Eggs (two Strawberry & one Vanilla Cream).
    Day 9: Three Mystery Peeps & three Russell Stover Eggs (Maple Cream, Raspberry, & Birthday Cake).
    Day 10: A few Party Cake & Mystery Peeps, Russell Stover Eggs (Birthday Cake, Raspberry, & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough), Target Mini Easter Bark with M&Ms, & a little bit of the Bunny Bait trail mix.
    Day 11: Going to eat a few peeps, Lindt Creme Brulee (few pieces), & Russell Stover (Birthday Cake Egg & Vanilla Cream egg)
    Day 12: Oh My Yog! Apple Cinnamon Yogurt, a few Peeps, & finished the last of my Talenti Salted Caramel Peanut
    Day 13: Light day today so just a Yoplait Greek Whips 100 Raspberry yogurt