Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    How is HEB's cookie butter? I've been wanting to wait until a trip to Trader Joe's to pick some up but there's no point in waiting if HEB does it well enough.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Day 1: cherry strudel
    Day 2: chocolate chip pancakes
    Day 3: pecan bun.
    Day 4: Pumpkin french toast
    Day 5: Reese's egg (the best of all the Reese's!)
    Day 6: Cadbury creme egg (first time I've ever had one if you can believe it. Verdict: way too sweet for me. Weird. Never thought I'd say that)
    Day 7: Talenti Banana Chocolate Swirl (first time for that too. Verdict: meh. I really thought I'd like the banana flavor more than I did. It was just kinda weird.)
    Day 8: Reese's peanut butter cup
    Day 9: Peanut butter cup ice cream
    Day 10: Miniature chocolate egg, Reese's peanut butter spread on a shortcake shell with bananas. (Sensing a theme here?)
    Day 11: miniature chocolate eggs, Peanut butter cup ice cream again. Totally could eat that every damn day.
    Day 12: lame. Toasted french bread with HEB Speculoos Cookie Butter. I need to go grocery shopping.
    Day 13: Reese's ice cream. Did not disappoint.
    16zws7995wrf.jpg

Oh I looked at those last time I was at the store, didn't want to be disappointed... will need to pick them up this weekend
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited March 2015
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Oooo those cupcakes are pretty. I'm getting ideas.

Is that candied pineapple or a slice of lemon on the top left?

[. . . snip . . .]

@Cortelli don't you dare sully my reputation by telling people I eat that WF nastiness. I took one bite! One bite! I would have spit it out too if I hadn't been sitting with 9 friends.

So you're saying you eat Walden Farms under the right circumstances, yes? Then I'll make sure to post in those threads that my friend Kruggeri eats WF in certain circumstances and invite them to PM you for details. Thanks for the correction / clarification!

Edit: Actually, rereading your post, I sense some strong emotion, too. So, if you like, I'll go with: my friend Kruggeri eats WF in certain circumstances, and has strong feelings about the products, and invite them to PM you for details.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Day 1- Samoas
    Day 2- S'mores Rice Krispy Bar and some cinnamon cookies
    Day 3- Blue Bell Krazy Kookie Dough with some chocolate chips mixed in
    Day 4- Chocolate vanilla creme Pop-Tarts
    Day 5- Chocolate Chunk Rice Krispie and and a Cadbury chocolate egg
    Day 6- Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookies and Keebler Pecan Sandies
    Day 7- Pepperidge Farm cinnamon bun cookies
    Day 8- Do-si-dos and Endangered Species almond creme chocolate
    Day 9- Talenti coffee chocolate chip
    Day 10- The Tonight Dough and some mystery peeps
    Day 11- Frosted Easter Rice Krispie
    Day 12- Talenti coffee chocolate chip and a Russell Stover strawberry creme egg
    Day 13- Cold Stone Creamery funky, fun fudge egg and rainbow cakery egg
    Day 14- Russell Stover maple creme egg, Cadbury chocolate egg, and a Keebler Pecan Sandie
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Cortelli wrote: »

[. . . snip . . .]

13. A mini Twix...and then an unexpected surprise at work...Caramel Rice Krispy Treats. OMG. I don't even like Rice Kristy treats much, but these are absolutely amazing!!
    14. Caramel Rice Krispy Treat again. I'm in love.

I am trying to picture these -- are they RK treats dipped in / covered in Caramel, or is the caramel blended into the marshmallow mix and part of the binding for the individual RKs? I suspect the later, but am really curious.

The caramel is mixed in with it. You wouldn't know it was caramel by looking at it. There is a recipe on their website, it's probably the same as that. Now I just keep thinking of how good they'd be with chocolate chips and maybe crushed pretzels mixed in...

Lemon. The raspberry chocolate was actually really good. It had raspberry jam inside, and raspberry buttercream frosting. I was a little disappointed in the nutella one I tried, first it was a vanilla base, I thought it should have been chocolate, and I thought there should be nutella cream inside it.

It's from an adorable little bakery - @I_Will_End_You have you been to Pint Size?

I haven't. I drive by there all the time, and think of how cute it is (and named appropriately) but never tried it.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    By the way, the cleanse is totally working for me... I've lost at least an inch off my waist and I haven't binged once in a month.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

[. . . snip . . .]

@Cortelli don't you dare sully my reputation by telling people I eat that WF nastiness. I took one bite! One bite! I would have spit it out too if I hadn't been sitting with 9 friends.

So you're saying you eat Walden Farms under the right circumstances, yes? Then I'll make sure to post in those threads that my friend Kruggeri eats WF in certain circumstances and invite them to PM you for details. Thanks for the correction / clarification!

Edit: Actually, rereading your post, I sense some strong emotion, too. So, if you like, I'll go with: my friend Kruggeri eats WF in certain circumstances, and has strong feelings about the products, and invite them to PM you for details.

large.gif
  • Cortelli

[. . . snip . . .]

large.gif

:flowerforyou:

And a Friday kitty gif:

qhhtbccuocdy.gif

cat.gif 10.1M
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    How is HEB's cookie butter? I've been wanting to wait until a trip to Trader Joe's to pick some up but there's no point in waiting if HEB does it well enough.

Very good! From what I can remember of my small taste of TJ's version, it's pretty spot on.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Day 14: Raspberry Cheesecake Talenti and Homemade Peanut Butter, Banana & Jelly Oatmeal cookies (literally, that's all the ingredients)

20150327_143458.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited March 2015
    Day 1: Triple berry pie
    Day 2: triple berry pie and white chocolate snickerdoodles
    Day 3: mini cadbury creme eggs
    Day 4: Chai Latte ice cream
    Day 5: Breyer's Strawberry Truffle gelato indulgences
    Day 6: Haagen Dazs Spiced Pecan Turtle and a cadbury creme egg cupcake.
    Day 7: cadbury creme egg cupcake
    Day 8: cadbury creme egg cupcake and Haagen Dazs pralines and cream
    Day 9: the last cadbury egg cupcake, 2 tagalongs/peanut butter patties and Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate sea salt caramel
    Day 10: Talenti Salted Peanut Caramel and a lemon scone
    Day 11: Lemon scone and Tonight Dough
    Day 12: Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate sea salt caramel, lemon scone, mini cadbury egg
    Day 13: Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake, the last scone, and a couple of cadbury mini creme eggs
    Day 14: Haagen Dazs Chocolate Caramelized Oat

fd17b34a-8407-4c2a-b766-ac4f01d6d1cd_zps2bsdnidw.jpg

Ok so . . . I liked this one. I wouldn't kick it out of my freezer. But I doubt I'll buy it again. It didn't really wow me and the calorie count is pretty high (300). It's caramel ice cream (but not really a strong caramel flavor-- I had to look to see what flavor the carton said it was) with chocolate covered oat clusters. I felt like it should have had a chocolate or caramel ribbon for the calorie count.

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    1- cookies and cream pie. Peanut butter pie. Pepperoni pizza pie. Sam Adams winter brew. a tube of thin mints. Box of doh si dohs.
    2- tube of thin mints,serving of tonight dough,serving of salted peanut caramel.
    3-more thin mints.a lot more.
    4- half pint of Kroger caramel crunch with baby ruth.
    5-thin mints and chocolate chip cookie dough
    6- talenti chocolate chip cookie dough with added cookie dough.
    7-Most of a tube of thin mints. Some cookie dough.
    8- box of tre foils. I just said no to the girl scouts today. So only one box of samoas left.
    9-3 servings of talenti oatmeal raisin cookie and 1 if chocolate chip cookie dough. Both gone. Finally.
    10-pecan roll for breakfast. Breyers raspberry cheesecake for dessert.
    11-half pint of raspberry cheesecake talenti
    12- pumpkin spice muffin and half pint of raspberry cheesecake talenti
    13-damn pecan roll jumped into ma mouth. Baskin Robbins southern butter pecan.
    14-cold stone cake batter ice cream
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Day 1: apple pie/Caramel Apple Pie Talenti
    Day 2: Ghirardelli 72% Cacao squares
    Day 3: Breyer's Gelato Indulgences Triple Chocolate
    Day 4: cinnamon and sugar popcorn/Edy's Slow Churned Mint Cookie Crunch/Hershey's syrup
    Day 5: Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Peppermint Crunch
    Day 6: Skinny Cow Mint Cone with Ganache
    Day 7: Edwards New York Cheesecake Single with chocolate coconut sauce
    Day 8: Dannon Creamery dark chocolate pudding and Crispy M&Ms
    Day 9: Skinny Cow Mint sandwich
    Day 10: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 11: Ghirardelli Dark & Mint squares
    Day 12: Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Caramel and Ghirardelli Dark/Sea Salt Caramel square
    Day 13: a snack size Reese's peanut butter egg and some Red Velvet Oreos
    Day 14: Peeps
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Day 1: Ghirardelli Dark Cherry Tango & Barber Foods Cream Brie & Apple stuffed chicken breasts
    Day 2: 1.5 servings of Mini Butterfinger Cups & made a Caramel Rice cake sandwich with Maranatha Creamy Raw Maple Butter
    Day 3: Chocolate covered bing cherry & tortilla microwaved with cookie butter
    Day 4: Rest of the Bing Chocolate Cherries
    Day 5: The rest of the Nestle Butterfinger Cup Minis *edited to add* two Russell Stover Cookie Dough Eggs & one Cadbury Creme Mini Egg.
    Day 6: Arby's Andes Shake *drools*, Russell Stover Birthday Cake flavored egg, & Russell Stover big Pecan egg.
    Day 7: Target White Chocolate Mini Bark & a tortilla with Maranatha Raw Maple Butter inside.
    Day 8: Three Party Cake Peeps with breakfast & three Russell Stover Eggs (two Strawberry & one Vanilla Cream).
    Day 9: Three Mystery Peeps & three Russell Stover Eggs (Maple Cream, Raspberry, & Birthday Cake).
    Day 10: A few Party Cake & Mystery Peeps, Russell Stover Eggs (Birthday Cake, Raspberry, & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough), Target Mini Easter Bark with M&Ms, & a little bit of the Bunny Bait trail mix.
    Day 11: Going to eat a few peeps, Lindt Creme Brulee (few pieces), & Russell Stover (Birthday Cake Egg & Vanilla Cream egg)
    Day 12: Oh My Yog! Apple Cinnamon Yogurt, a few Peeps, & finished the last of my Talenti Salted Caramel Peanut
    Day 13: Light day today so just a Yoplait Greek Whips 100 Raspberry yogurt
    Day 14: Yoplait Greek 100 Whips Strawberry Cheesecake (eh not that great), Quest White Chocolate Raspberry (holy crap that was good), & Creapan Apple Crepes that I picked up at Giant.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    9pntlnchwpqk.jpg

Yay for a new (to me) flavor for day 14!!!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Day 1: Talenti Double Dark Chocolate
    Day 2: Talenti Salted Caramel Pop
    Day 3: Cadbury Chocolate Creme Egg
    Day 4: Chocolate cupcake with green icing and sprinkles
    Day 5: Another cupcake.
    Day 6: Talenti Salted Caramel Pop
    Day 7: Talenti Double Dark Chocolate and later Peeps with a Blue Moon
    Day 8: Cadbury Chocolate Cream Egg with breakfast, later Peeps
    Day 9: Phin & Phebes Vanilla Cinnamon ice cream
    Day 10: Dove Dark Chocolate Promises and chocolate chai tea
    Day 11: Endangered Species Dark Chocolate with Forest Mint and coco-mint green tea
    Day 12: Nutella snack pack, Party Cake Peeps, and a Skinny Cow Salted Caramel Bar
    Day 13: Talenti Salted Caramel Pop
    Day 14: Phin & Phebes Vanilla Cinnamon and 2 Fig Newtons
  • Cortelli
    Day 1: Peeps
    Day 2: Almond pastry (filled with almond paste).
    Day 3: Mission Hill Creamery Ricotta & Fig ice cream.
    Day 4: McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 5: A couple of TJ's Cookie Butter Cups.
    Day 6: Mission Hill Creamery Turkish Coffee ice cream.
    Day 7: More McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 8: MIL waffles.
    Day 9: Generic raspberry pastry.
    Day 10: Raspberry Sponge Cake + a touch of Ricotta & Fig ice cream from Mission Hill.
    Day 11: Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel.
    Day 12: A bit of Jeni's Brambleberry Crisp and a bit of MH Ricotta & Fig. EDIT: and now a bit of Jeni's Whiskey & Pecans
    Day 13: MH Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 14: A couple of TJ's Cookie Butter Cups with some cheap red wine.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    I'm sooooo behind. Again. :cry:

I've been keeping up with the cleanse, just not reporting on here. The last few days I've been eating the Breyer's Tiramisu. It was a bit better as I got down further, and maybe I'm expecting too much of a coffee flavor for Tiramisu anyway (I'm really not very cultured when it comes to sweets!). Anyway, I doubt I'll buy that flavor again.

We've also been enjoying Oreo's (golden and then regular, both double stuff) for the last few days.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    9pntlnchwpqk.jpg

Yay for a new (to me) flavor for day 14!!!

Excellent choice! That was also my day 14 flavor (well, what was left of it - which was not much since I had my little gelato disaster yesterday) along with 2 peanut butter cup oreos.

ag6dgoy1yuno.jpg

As I was looking for a nice picture of the oreo's I found this - this looks awesome whatever it is (went to the page from the image search - it is a chocolate dipped peanut butter stuffed oreo - I see me making these some day fairly soon). Then I also remembered I had texted the above picture earlier - good thing because if there is more stuff out there like this I am in trouble.

Peanut-Butter-Cup-Stuffed-Oreos-1.jpg
  • Cortelli
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Day 14: Raspberry Cheesecake Talenti and Homemade Peanut Butter, Banana & Jelly Oatmeal cookies (literally, that's all the ingredients)

20150327_143458.jpg

Drooling. :o