Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Replies

• sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Day 14: Raspberry Cheesecake Talenti and Homemade Peanut Butter, Banana & Jelly Oatmeal cookies (literally, that's all the ingredients)

20150327_143458.jpg

Um, so how much of each would one use in those and are they baked and if so, how long would one do that and at what temperature (ok, yes that is my not so subtle "how do you make those they sound yummy" attempt).
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Day 1: cherry strudel
    Day 2: chocolate chip pancakes
    Day 3: pecan bun.
    Day 4: Pumpkin french toast
    Day 5: Reese's egg (the best of all the Reese's!)
    Day 6: Cadbury creme egg (first time I've ever had one if you can believe it. Verdict: way too sweet for me. Weird. Never thought I'd say that)
    Day 7: Talenti Banana Chocolate Swirl (first time for that too. Verdict: meh. I really thought I'd like the banana flavor more than I did. It was just kinda weird.)
    Day 8: Reese's peanut butter cup
    Day 9: Peanut butter cup ice cream
    Day 10: Miniature chocolate egg, Reese's peanut butter spread on a shortcake shell with bananas. (Sensing a theme here?)
    Day 11: miniature chocolate eggs, Peanut butter cup ice cream again. Totally could eat that every damn day.
    Day 12: lame. Toasted french bread with HEB Speculoos Cookie Butter. I need to go grocery shopping.
    Day 13: Reese's ice cream. Did not disappoint.
    Day 14: unintentional lunch of sugar and caffeine. Assorted DD doughnut holes and a pecan coconut cookie
    v197lawaiz73.jpg

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    So I'm seriously behind- I have to go catch up!!!

3.14.2015- Day 1: Blackberry/Raspberry Pie- home made- fresh homemade whip cream and some sea salt caramel Talenti (felt meh about it)
    3.15- Day 2: Talenti: Vanilla Bean + Chocolate Chip
    3.16- Day 3- dark chocolate Hershey's kisses + 1.5 serving of Talenti Chocolate Chip Gelato
    3.17- Day 4 has begun with a delicious apple coffee cake- and ended with Jelly Beans and 1.5 servings of Talenti Vanilla Bean gelato
    3.18- Day 5- Duncan Hines Yellow Cake + chocolate frosting and jelly beans
    3.19 Turkey Hill Moose Tracks + Jelly Beans
    3.20- 1 York- busy day- seriously slacking
    3.21- Burger + Pizza + Beer- no sweet things oddly
    3.22- 2 Yorks
    3.23- Chocolate Chip Cookies/Yorks/Sea Salt Talenti/MooseTracks (fatty cake monday it seems)
    3.24- Turkey Hill Moose Tracks
    3.25- 2 york peppermint paddies/5 Dark Chocolate Hersey's Kisses
    3.26- 2 york peppermint paddies/2 twizzlers/4 dark chocolate hersey's kiss/Mike and Ike Jelly Beans
    3.27. plain doughnut- 6twizzlers- 2 kisses- and a fkload of jelly beans (regular)
    MUAH HA HA HA HA HA
    all stocked up!!!!
    20150327_231812_zpsu9r9pfrw.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Day 1: cherry strudel
    Day 2: chocolate chip pancakes
    Day 3: pecan bun.
    Day 4: Pumpkin french toast
    Day 5: Reese's egg (the best of all the Reese's!)
    Day 6: Cadbury creme egg (first time I've ever had one if you can believe it. Verdict: way too sweet for me. Weird. Never thought I'd say that)
    Day 7: Talenti Banana Chocolate Swirl (first time for that too. Verdict: meh. I really thought I'd like the banana flavor more than I did. It was just kinda weird.)
    Day 8: Reese's peanut butter cup
    Day 9: Peanut butter cup ice cream
    Day 10: Miniature chocolate egg, Reese's peanut butter spread on a shortcake shell with bananas. (Sensing a theme here?)
    Day 11: miniature chocolate eggs, Peanut butter cup ice cream again. Totally could eat that every damn day.
    Day 12: lame. Toasted french bread with HEB Speculoos Cookie Butter. I need to go grocery shopping.
    Day 13: Reese's ice cream. Did not disappoint.
    Day 14: unintentional lunch of sugar and caffeine. Assorted DD doughnut holes and a pecan coconut cookie
    v197lawaiz73.jpg

I like your mug.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited March 2015
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Day 14: Raspberry Cheesecake Talenti and Homemade Peanut Butter, Banana & Jelly Oatmeal cookies (literally, that's all the ingredients)

20150327_143458.jpg

Um, so how much of each would one use in those and are they baked and if so, how long would one do that and at what temperature (ok, yes that is my not so subtle "how do you make those they sound yummy" attempt).

145g of Quaker Rolled Oats
    216g very riped bananas (it was 2 bananas)
    14g Pb2 (Next time though I'll use more, it wasn't nearly peanut buttery enough for me)
    Jelly (I thumbprinted the blobs and just added small spoonfuls to it. Ended up being 87g of Smucker's Natural Strawberry Preserves)

Bake at 350 for 11-14 minutes. I went with 11 mins because I like super soft/chewy cookies

107 calories for each cookie with those measurements.
  • Francl27
    edited March 2015
    Some of this is gonna be lunch

hbz12mhytyx7.jpg

From top left to bottom right... glazed, cookies and cream, glazed with sprinkles, strawberry, cannoli, boston creme, mocha, chocolate, cheesecake, carrot cake, coconut, salted caramel.

I hope to try the cheesecake and carrot cake ones.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

hbz12mhytyx7.jpg

From top left to bottom right... glazed, cookies and cream, glazed with sprinkles, strawberry, cannoli, boston creme, mocha, chocolate, cheesecake, carrot cake, coconut, salted caramel.

I'm not actually a huge donut person but those look awesome.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

hbz12mhytyx7.jpg

I would be all over cannoli and salted caramel.

• WinoGelato
    Husband made waffle iron cinnamon rolls this morning.... I have to say, they weren't as good as I thought they should be. They were fast, and he heated the icing to drizzle (my idea) but I didn't taste the icing as much as on a normal cinnamon roll. Kids loved it though...

2c2din46gz01.jpg
    ufxscus7e5yr.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I woke up like this... I woke up like this

IMG_20150328_091325_zps7hb0gn0r.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Husband made waffle iron cinnamon rolls this morning.... I have to say, they weren't as good as I thought they should be. They were fast, and he heated the icing to drizzle (my idea) but I didn't taste the icing as much as on a normal cinnamon roll. Kids loved it though...

2c2din46gz01.jpg
    ufxscus7e5yr.jpg
    They at least look cute.

I'd actually want to try out that carrot cake donut.

• Francl27
    I've had the cannoli and salted caramel donuts and they were delicious. Just want to try the ones I haven't had yet.

Those cinnamon rolls look good though!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Day 1: Triple berry pie
    Day 2: triple berry pie and white chocolate snickerdoodles
    Day 3: mini cadbury creme eggs
    Day 4: Chai Latte ice cream
    Day 5: Breyer's Strawberry Truffle gelato indulgences
    Day 6: Haagen Dazs Spiced Pecan Turtle and a cadbury creme egg cupcake.
    Day 7: cadbury creme egg cupcake
    Day 8: cadbury creme egg cupcake and Haagen Dazs pralines and cream
    Day 9: the last cadbury egg cupcake, 2 tagalongs/peanut butter patties and Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate sea salt caramel
    Day 10: Talenti Salted Peanut Caramel and a lemon scone
    Day 11: Lemon scone and Tonight Dough
    Day 12: Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate sea salt caramel, lemon scone, mini cadbury egg
    Day 13: Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake, the last scone, and a couple of cadbury mini creme eggs
    Day 14: Haagen Dazs Chocolate Caramelized Oat
    Day 15: Challah stuffed french toast

Here's my loaf of challah
    707329d3-52e3-4639-85de-f6f9aee14fe7_zps68qy0kif.jpg

I stuffed mine with mascarpone and strawberry jam.
    3ad0e3ac-8083-4aee-a55a-57e4ea471332_zpsdacguc0y.jpg

Also planning to have Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate caramel later.
  • Francl27
    Oh I'm totally drooling on your French toast.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    edited March 2015
    I just realized I forgot to put the butter that I had logged on it and now I has a sad. The whole reason I wanted it was that picture of french toast with melted butter.

It was still delicious.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I woke up like this... I woke up like this

IMG_20150328_091325_zps7hb0gn0r.jpg

Nice!!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Mmm, the donuts and the french toast both look delicious.

I may have to make waffles for lunch now.
  • WinoGelato
    In other news, someone posted this pic in a separate thread and it made me LOL...

i0jkz33vmmwj.jpg
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Closest thing I've had to a cleanse item today was a peanut butter and jelly Poptart. Not overly impressed. I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Poptarts, but they didn't work out so well together.

And now I really wish I had cinnamon rolls and a jelly donut.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Closest thing I've had to a cleanse item today was a peanut butter and jelly Poptart. Not overly impressed. I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Poptarts, but they didn't work out so well together.

And now I really wish I had cinnamon rolls and a jelly donut.

That's pretty much what I've heard about those.

I'm not a fan of most things PB&J that aren't sandwiches. Someone brought me a PBJ candy bar from Trader Joe's and it just wasn't something I think I'd get again-- for some reason throwing chocolate in the mix subtracted rather than adding to the PBJ experience.