Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Replies

• sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Day 13: Talenti Butter Pecan. But I had a sad thing happen - I had eaten about half when I accidently knocked the bowl on the floor, the bowl broke and the gelato hit the floor. BOO! So I got about the amount I lost and am eating that now. And none of the cats had any interest in it at all.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Day 1: apple pie/Caramel Apple Pie Talenti
    Day 2: Ghirardelli 72% Cacao squares
    Day 3: Breyer's Gelato Indulgences Triple Chocolate
    Day 4: cinnamon and sugar popcorn/Edy's Slow Churned Mint Cookie Crunch/Hershey's syrup
    Day 5: Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Peppermint Crunch
    Day 6: Skinny Cow Mint Cone with Ganache
    Day 7: Edwards New York Cheesecake Single with chocolate coconut sauce
    Day 8: Dannon Creamery dark chocolate pudding and Crispy M&Ms
    Day 9: Skinny Cow Mint sandwich
    Day 10: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 11: Ghirardelli Dark & Mint squares
    Day 12: Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Caramel and Ghirardelli Dark/Sea Salt Caramel square
    Day 13: a snack size Reese's peanut butter egg and some Red Velvet Oreos
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Day 1: Peeps
    Day 2: Almond pastry (filled with almond paste).
    Day 3: Mission Hill Creamery Ricotta & Fig ice cream.
    Day 4: McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 5: A couple of TJ's Cookie Butter Cups.
    Day 6: Mission Hill Creamery Turkish Coffee ice cream.
    Day 7: More McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 8: MIL waffles.
    Day 9: Generic raspberry pastry.
    Day 10: Raspberry Sponge Cake + a touch of Ricotta & Fig ice cream from Mission Hill.
    Day 11: Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel.
    Day 12: A bit of Jeni's Brambleberry Crisp and a bit of MH Ricotta & Fig. EDIT: and now a bit of Jeni's Whiskey & Pecans

Ok I am so jealous - can't find the Whiskey and Pecans anywhere anymore.

You know, I find the base a little weak - just not enough really of a whiskey flavor. It is still very creamy, though, and the pecans are awesome. I know GiveMeCoffee is a big fan.

I frequently enjoy sipping straight bourbon and tequila, and I think my taste buds are slightly dulled to those flavors when I come across them in ice cream.

Also - shocked that your cats weren't all over the spilled gelato. My stupid dog eats his own poop sometimes and would wig out to find some spilled gelato available.

• sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Day 1: Peeps
    Day 2: Almond pastry (filled with almond paste).
    Day 3: Mission Hill Creamery Ricotta & Fig ice cream.
    Day 4: McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 5: A couple of TJ's Cookie Butter Cups.
    Day 6: Mission Hill Creamery Turkish Coffee ice cream.
    Day 7: More McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 8: MIL waffles.
    Day 9: Generic raspberry pastry.
    Day 10: Raspberry Sponge Cake + a touch of Ricotta & Fig ice cream from Mission Hill.
    Day 11: Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel.
    Day 12: A bit of Jeni's Brambleberry Crisp and a bit of MH Ricotta & Fig. EDIT: and now a bit of Jeni's Whiskey & Pecans

Ok I am so jealous - can't find the Whiskey and Pecans anywhere anymore.

You know, I find the base a little weak - just not enough really of a whiskey flavor. It is still very creamy, though, and the pecans are awesome. I know GiveMeCoffee is a big fan.

I frequently enjoy sipping straight bourbon and tequila, and I think my taste buds are slightly dulled to those flavors when I come across them in ice cream.

Also - shocked that your cats weren't all over the spilled gelato. My stupid dog eats his own poop sometimes and would wig out to find some spilled gelato available.

I can see how if you are used to the actual flavor of the whiskey it would seem a bit light on taste - I am thinking that is why I like it. Actual whiskey is just a bit strong for me (not that I won't have it on occasion).

And yeah, it always surprises me what the cats will go after - gelato or ice cream the are pretty indifferent to. One likes whipped cream to the point he actually recognizes the can(and likes to see if there is any in the bowl when I have ice cream and is usually disappointed) but for the most part they are not into anything dairy. Butter waffles are popular with the whipped cream fan (but those are cookies) and I have one who loves smoked meats (ham, smoked turkey, bacon) but they are surprisingly not into people food even if they want to inspect it - I think the only thing they all have liked was cupcakes (well, what they can lick out of the wrapper at least). I had one who wanted all people food but he passed away a few years ago. And my dog growing up was the same way - he would eat anything. When things like the gelato spill happen it makes me long for having a dog to lick it up (as long as it is safe of course) - I just need a bigger house for that. They do tend to like the sweet stuff with their few people food choices though - they could totally do this cleanse if they were on MFP.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    So I'm seriously behind- I have to go catch up!!!

3.14.2015- Day 1: Blackberry/Raspberry Pie- home made- fresh homemade whip cream and some sea salt caramel Talenti (felt meh about it)
    3.15- Day 2: Talenti: Vanilla Bean + Chocolate Chip
    3.16- Day 3- dark chocolate Hershey's kisses + 1.5 serving of Talenti Chocolate Chip Gelato
    3.17- Day 4 has begun with a delicious apple coffee cake- and ended with Jelly Beans and 1.5 servings of Talenti Vanilla Bean gelato
    3.18- Day 5- Duncan Hines Yellow Cake + chocolate frosting and jelly beans
    3.19 Turkey Hill Moose Tracks + Jelly Beans
    3.20- 1 York- busy day- seriously slacking
    3.21- Burger + Pizza + Beer- no sweet things oddly
    3.22- 2 Yorks
    3.23- Chocolate Chip Cookies/Yorks/Sea Salt Talenti/MooseTracks (fatty cake monday it seems)
    3.24- Turkey Hill Moose Tracks
    3.25- 2 york peppermint paddies/5 Dark Chocolate Hersey's Kisses
    3.26- 2 york peppermint paddies/2 twizzlers/4 dark chocolate hersey's kiss/Mike and Ike Jelly Beans
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Day 1: Chocolate Peanut butter pie, french toast cupcake, Chocopologie burnt caramel & hawaiian sea salt chocolate square, Cup of Joe Macaron
    Day 2: Orange creamsicle macaron, Irish car bomb cupcake, and more of the Chocopologie which is very good but not worth the price.
    Day 3: Smores macaron, Irish car bomb cupcake
    Day 4: Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake & Shamrock shake
    Day 5: 2 servings Talenti Coffee Toffee, Strawberry milkshake
    Day 6: Coffee Toffee milkshake
    Day 7: 1 serving Talenti Coffee Toffee
    Day 8: Talenti Coconut with chocolate syrup
    Day 9: I failed didn't have any
    Day 10: Talenti Coconut with chocolate
    Day 11: Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake
    Day 12: My Sangria Sorbet - the pictures I took came out horrible but it was delicious
    Day 13: Sangria Sorbet and 1/2 of dark chocolate covered bacon slice

14bm042.jpg

I must say Jen, that is not the most attractive food picture I've ever seen.

"It's so VEINY"

Yea it didn't look really pretty but it was a delicious bite of hickory smoked bacon with dark chocolate and a drizzle of caramel ... so it might not be the prettiest pic but YUM!

The Bacon Bunny is pretty I'll get a better pic of him today
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited March 2015
    Day 1: Chocolate pie, apple pie, and buttermilk pie.
    Day 2: Cadbury caramel egg and blue bell mardi gras ice cream.
    Day 3: Cadbury caramel egg and Dryers salted caramel and pretzel frozen custard.
    Day 4: Martin House Counterclockwise, Prairie Limo Tint, and Sierra Nevada Wild Hop Neomexicanus, and Cadbury caramel egg.
    Day 5: B&J salted caramel core.
    Day 6: Butterfinger and blue bell krazy kookie dough.
    Day 7: peanut butter chip cookie and 2 Italian margaritas
    Day 8: I Fried snickers, fried nutter butters, fried smores, and fried dough e o's.
    Day 9: Whatchamacallit and convict hill oatmeal stout.
    Day 10: Chocolate croissant from La Madeleine.
    Day 11: Snickers rockin' nut road, chocolate chip cookie, some chocolate covered butter cookies.
    Day 12: Snickers rockin' nut road, chocolate covered short bread.
    Day 13: Peanut butter twix.
    Day 14: (512) Pecan Porter milkshake!

(Not my photo as this will be consumed later tonight.)
    20140814_171919.jpg
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    ^ That milkshake looks incredible.

Day 1: Chocolate peanut butter brownie
    Day 2: Cinnamon rolls, strawberry & apricot swirl pound cake
    Day 3: homemade sugar cookies
    Day 4: Chocolate peanut butter cup Talenti
    Day 5: Southern Butter Pecan Talenti
    Day 6: Southern Butter Pecan Talenti
    Day 7: chocolate drop (chocolate covered pound cake from local bakery)
    Day 8: chocolate peanut butter cup talenti and butter pecan talenti
    Day 9: butter pecan talenti.
    10: Snickers and Twix
    11. Talenti Belgium chocolate
    12. A Samoa Talenti chocolate ice cream sandwich.
    13. A mini Twix...and then an unexpected surprise at work...Caramel Rice Krispy Treats. OMG. I don't even like Rice Kristy treats much, but these are absolutely amazing!!
    14. Caramel Rice Krispy Treat again. I'm in love.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited March 2015
    Day 1: blueberry pie
    Day 2: roasted peeps and Cadbury mini eggs
    Day 3: Girl Scout Doh Si Dohs
    Day 4: baileys and coffee
    Day 5: Green and Black 70% dark chocolate
    Day 6: chocolate chip and Spring M&M cookie, FroYo: snickerdoodle, graham cracker and cappucino yogurt (should have skipped cappucino) with heath bar and chocolate chips.
    Day 7: S'mores Donut Dessert from Tom+Chee, Fancy Chocolates from Cocoa Dolce
    Day 8: Savannah Smiles Girl Scout Cookies
    Day 9: Hostess Donettes, Fancy Chocolates
    Day 10: Cadbury Mini Eggs, Fancy Chocolates, Red Velvet Russell Stover Egg (terrible), Red Velvet Cupcake Wine (awesome)
    Day 11: Chobani Chocolate Haze Flipz (I seriously love these things) and the last of my Fancy Chocolates
    Day 12: Lemon Poppyseed Bread, Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate Ice Cream
    Day 13: At work, some spring M&Ms, later bookclub! Cadbury Mini Dark Chocolate eggs and Lovely cupcakes from a local bakery. I had half a nutella, and half of a chocolate raspberry one.

ffvqsqjimpxf.jpg

Oh and you guys will appreciate this. The rest of the menu for bookclub was soup and salad. Sounded pretty good, then I realized the only choice for dressing was Walden Farms balsamic. At this point I had already made my plate of salad, and there were people waiting, so I drizzled a little of it on there. oMG was it awful. All I could taste was artificial sweetener. I threw my salad away after one bite and went back and got a second helping of soup... Blech.

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Day 1: Triple Berry Pie a la mode
    Day 2: Triple Berry Pie
    Day 3: German chocolate cake
    Day 4: Guinness (and I may have sneaked the last 1/2 piece of pie..shhh)
    Day 5: 1 serving (my last one - gonna have to stock up) of choc peanut butter cup Talenti
    Day 6: 2 Peanut Butter Patty Girl Scout Cookies
    Day 7: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Chocolate gelato.
    Day 8: 2 Peanut Butter Sandwich Girl Scout Cookies; Strawberries with nutella
    Day 9: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Chocolate gelato
    Day 10: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Chocolate gelato
    Day 11: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Choclate gelato with 2 crushed Peanut Butter Patties mixed in (yay for extra calories leftover at the end of the day!)
    Day 12: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Chocolate gelato
    Day 13....Drum roll...you guessed it Hy Vee Double Chocolate gelato

Stopping at the store on the way home tonight so I can get something else (not that it isn't delicious)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Oooo those cupcakes are pretty. I'm getting ideas.

Is that candied pineapple or a slice of lemon on the top left?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited March 2015
    Day 1 - Talenti caramel apple pie, Lindt chocolates (hazelnut torte and molten lava cake) and a Suchard rocher
    Day 2 - Graze seeds and fruit flapjack, pumpkin pie
    Day 3 - chocolate chip cannoli French toast, madeleine, strawberry shortcake, Lindt hazelnut torte
    Day 4 - Talenti chocolate chip cookie dough, Lindt hazelnut torte, chili and honey almond
    Day 5 - Lindt hazelnut torte, Lindt gianduja, Lindt molten lava cake
    Day 6 - butterscoth creme brulee with ice cream, Lindt sea salt caramel truffle, chocolate fudge pop tarts with Talenti frudge brownie
    Day 7 - Talenti raspberry cheesecake, Lindt molten lava cake
    Day 8 - chocolate almond croissant, Talenti salted peanut caramel
    Day 9 - Phins and Phebes coconut keylime ice cream, Lindt molte lava cake
    Day 10 - Lindt hazelnut torte, Trader Joe's cookie butter cheesecake bites
    Day 11 - Phins and Phebes coconut keylime ice cream, Friendly's celebration dessert roll, strawberry tarlette, Lindt sea salt caramel
    Day 12 - Lindt sea salt caramel, Trader joe's cookie butter cheesecake bites
    Day 13 - Last of the Friendly's celebration roll, lindt sea salt caramel
    Day 14 - Lindt hazelnut torte, Lindt gianduja and this

00051cf-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-sundae_1136x800.ashx?mw=530

Pretty satisfying honestly. Bought it for the kids but they wouldn't eat it... their loss.
  • Cortelli
    auddii wrote: »
    Day 1: Chocolate pie, apple pie, and buttermilk pie.
    Day 2: Cadbury caramel egg and blue bell mardi gras ice cream.
    Day 3: Cadbury caramel egg and Dryers salted caramel and pretzel frozen custard.
    Day 4: Martin House Counterclockwise, Prairie Limo Tint, and Sierra Nevada Wild Hop Neomexicanus, and Cadbury caramel egg.
    Day 5: B&J salted caramel core.
    Day 6: Butterfinger and blue bell krazy kookie dough.
    Day 7: peanut butter chip cookie and 2 Italian margaritas
    Day 8: I Fried snickers, fried nutter butters, fried smores, and fried dough e o's.
    Day 9: Whatchamacallit and convict hill oatmeal stout.
    Day 10: Chocolate croissant from La Madeleine.
    Day 11: Snickers rockin' nut road, chocolate chip cookie, some chocolate covered butter cookies.
    Day 12: Snickers rockin' nut road, chocolate covered short bread.
    Day 13: Peanut butter twix.
    Day 14: (512) Pecan Porter milkshake!

(Not my photo as this will be consumed later tonight.)
    20140814_171919.jpg

You've mentioned that Pecan Porter shake before . . . and I must say the visual makes it even more enticing!

• Cortelli
    @Kruggeri (can't quote your post because MFP's forums are so well designed).

I guess from now on, on any Walden Farms threads, and I'll be sure to mention my friend Kruggeri eats WF, and will advise all comers to PM you for details!
  • Cortelli

[. . . snip . . .]

13. A mini Twix...and then an unexpected surprise at work...Caramel Rice Krispy Treats. OMG. I don't even like Rice Kristy treats much, but these are absolutely amazing!!

I am trying to picture these -- are they RK treats dipped in / covered in Caramel, or is the caramel blended into the marshmallow mix and part of the binding for the individual RKs? I suspect the later, but am really curious.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

[. . . snip . . .]

I am trying to picture these -- are they RK treats dipped in / covered in Caramel, or is the caramel blended into the marshmallow mix and part of the binding for the individual RKs? I suspect the later, but am really curious.

I want to know too-- I love rice krispies treats. Which is weird because I did not like them as a child.
  • JoRocka
    3.14.2015- Day 1: Blackberry/Raspberry Pie- home made- fresh homemade whip cream and some sea salt caramel Talenti (felt meh about it)
    3.15- Day 2: Talenti: Vanilla Bean + Chocolate Chip
    3.16- Day 3- dark chocolate Hershey's kisses + 1.5 serving of Talenti Chocolate Chip Gelato
    3.17- Day 4 has begun with a delicious apple coffee cake- and ended with Jelly Beans and 1.5 servings of Talenti Vanilla Bean gelato
    3.18- Day 5- Duncan Hines Yellow Cake + chocolate frosting and jelly beans
    3.19 Turkey Hill Moose Tracks + Jelly Beans
    3.20- 1 York- busy day- seriously slacking
    3.21- Burger + Pizza + Beer- no sweet things oddly
    3.22- 2 Yorks
    3.23- Chocolate Chip Cookies/Yorks/Sea Salt Talenti/MooseTracks (fatty cake monday it seems)
    3.24- Turkey Hill Moose Tracks
    3.25- 2 york peppermint paddies/5 Dark Chocolate Hersey's Kisses
    3.26- 2 york peppermint paddies/2 twizzlers/4 dark chocolate hersey's kiss/Mike and Ike Jelly Beans
    3.27- 1 CC cookie, 1 plain- very delicious cake doughnut- 1 handful of jelly beans- and planned Talenti for dessert.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Oooo those cupcakes are pretty. I'm getting ideas.

Is that candied pineapple or a slice of lemon on the top left?

Lemon. The raspberry chocolate was actually really good. It had raspberry jam inside, and raspberry buttercream frosting. I was a little disappointed in the nutella one I tried, first it was a vanilla base, I thought it should have been chocolate, and I thought there should be nutella cream inside it.

It's from an adorable little bakery - @I_Will_End_You have you been to Pint Size?

@Cortelli don't you dare sully my reputation by telling people I eat that WF nastiness. I took one bite! One bite! I would have spit it out too if I hadn't been sitting with 9 friends.

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Day 1: cherry strudel
    Day 2: chocolate chip pancakes
    Day 3: pecan bun.
    Day 4: Pumpkin french toast
    Day 5: Reese's egg (the best of all the Reese's!)
    Day 6: Cadbury creme egg (first time I've ever had one if you can believe it. Verdict: way too sweet for me. Weird. Never thought I'd say that)
    Day 7: Talenti Banana Chocolate Swirl (first time for that too. Verdict: meh. I really thought I'd like the banana flavor more than I did. It was just kinda weird.)
    Day 8: Reese's peanut butter cup
    Day 9: Peanut butter cup ice cream
    Day 10: Miniature chocolate egg, Reese's peanut butter spread on a shortcake shell with bananas. (Sensing a theme here?)
    Day 11: miniature chocolate eggs, Peanut butter cup ice cream again. Totally could eat that every damn day.
    Day 12: lame. Toasted french bread with HEB Speculoos Cookie Butter. I need to go grocery shopping.
    Day 13: Reese's ice cream. Did not disappoint.
    16zws7995wrf.jpg

I ventured into the breakfast aisle to find pop-tarts and was sadly underwhelmed with my HEB's lack of variety.

• JoRocka
    Day 1: cherry strudel
    Day 2: chocolate chip pancakes
    Day 3: pecan bun.
    Day 4: Pumpkin french toast
    Day 5: Reese's egg (the best of all the Reese's!)
    Day 6: Cadbury creme egg (first time I've ever had one if you can believe it. Verdict: way too sweet for me. Weird. Never thought I'd say that)
    Day 7: Talenti Banana Chocolate Swirl (first time for that too. Verdict: meh. I really thought I'd like the banana flavor more than I did. It was just kinda weird.)
    Day 8: Reese's peanut butter cup
    Day 9: Peanut butter cup ice cream
    Day 10: Miniature chocolate egg, Reese's peanut butter spread on a shortcake shell with bananas. (Sensing a theme here?)
    Day 11: miniature chocolate eggs, Peanut butter cup ice cream again. Totally could eat that every damn day.
    Day 12: lame. Toasted french bread with HEB Speculoos Cookie Butter. I need to go grocery shopping.
    Day 13: Reese's ice cream. Did not disappoint.
    16zws7995wrf.jpg

I ventured into the breakfast aisle to find pop-tarts and was sadly underwhelmed with my HEB's lack of variety.

shut up and take my money- WHERE DID THOSE COME FROM!!!

I'm thinking I need one of those- or to try one!