Workout check-in - April-tle bit more awesome

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• coltsgirl311
    coltsgirl311 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Back to the gym today after several run days.

Workout A

Squats, 5x5@125 lbs. I repeated here again, I think they are finally starting to feel easier, so I might try 130 lbs next time.

Bench, 5x5@65 lbs. These felt pretty good, I think I'll go for 70 lbs next time.

Rows, 5x5@70 lbs. Had a tough time with these today, I may repeat here next time.

Extra stuff:
    RDLs, 3x10@70 lbs. I also did 45 minutes on the treadmill.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Took a rest day yesterday and didn't get up early to lift today. I'll work it in tonight, though :)
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Did bench and squat today so that I can hit the SISM challenge tomorrow morning.
    Squat
    115 lbs x 5, 135 lbs x 5, 155 lbs x 2 :/ did some form tweaks and realize I need to deload more
    Bench
    65 lbs x 5, 75 lbs x 5, 85 lbs x 5
    Then 65 lbs 3x8 EMOTM
    And to round out the workout I did power cleans with the same weights as bench. It was fun do try cleans out with more weight. Previously I have just been doing weight appropriate to hit 3x8 or 12/9/6

5k tempo for todays lunch run. Hope it goes ok, it always seems so daunting but turns out to be great.

• MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Was going to lift yesterday but I did a 180 at the gym's entry after work because it was so crowded. Could not deal. Ended up running errands instead. So went today at lunch and it was empty, thank goodness.

Squat 120 5x5 repeat. One more session at this weight.

Press 55 5x5. I worked on my hip bounce and thing I did pretty well. I took a video too.

Dead 155 1x5 regular, 1x5 sumo. I kind of like sumo better. Still going to do both until I have a clear preference. Both had mixed grip since the bar I used was a beater and the knurling was pretty worn. I did one extra rep double overhand but was slipping even with chalk.

Single stiff leg dead 50 3x8 each side

Stiff leg dead 70 3x8

Split squat 55 3x8

Asst. pull up -45 3x5
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    could you post that video in the sticky thread here?
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I posted it to the ssbc chapter 3 thread